IGNORED

Golf trip report- would it be of interest?

Clem Fandango

Guys I'm over in May for 14 nights and will play 6 rounds of golf. Now I love reading the TR of people mongering in Pattaya and thought about doing one but just feel it would be to much of a pain in the ass for a selfish person like me 555

However I thought well what about a golf TR, plan on putting in it photos of the course,transport,caddy,facilities and food at course. I will add in how I played and found the course,however not lots as don't want to send people to sleep from me talking about my game.

Good TR need photos I think we would all agree and it's easier to take photos and less awkward at a golf course compared to a girl in your room.

I will also add the bar I played with and price all in for the whole morning/afternoon will break it down into

Transport

Green fee

Cart

Caddy

Caddy tip

Drinks and food.

This won't take me long to do and I will try and make it light hearted.

Thoughts?? Or any ideas on how to make it a good read?

Joe

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Caddy and Caddy Tip sections contain lots of photos and intimate details of your caddies and extra curricular activities with them; then I'm sure your report will be very well received, and not just by the golfing BMs. :GrinNod1: 

If the Caddy and Caddy Tip sections contain lots of photos and intimate details of your caddies and extra curricular activities with them; then I'm sure your report will be very well received, and not just by the golfing BMs. :GrinNod1:

I will snap a snap of the caddy,however I always end up with the young Ines granny. 555

Yes go for it, I think there are quite a few that will be interested in the golfing side of a holiday.

Harry, I will also put some photos and detail around the clubs I am using for this trip and how easy or difficult taking clubs on a flight for the first time. I normally just hire them.

Harry, I will also put some photos and detail around the clubs I am using for this trip and how easy or difficult taking clubs on a flight for the first time. I normally just hire them.

I think people that would like to combine some golf with the usual activities that haven't would find it informative.

@Joethescot

Go for it!  I think it would be interesting.  Pictures always attract attention from viewers and stories regarding meet up with caddies are always entertaining.

I normally use Thai-Ger Line Golf to arrange my golf.  Great group with attractive pricing and keen on service.  They provide booking and transportation discounts.  It may save you some baht that can be recycled to the girls.  Check out their site which has pricing information.  Enjoy!  I look forward to reading about your trip.

Guys thanks for all your advice on bars and society's to play out of. I normally use the golf club in LK Metro and will do one this trip for some and will check out a few other groups aswell.

Will do a what's in the bag just before i head over I always find them interesting.

Looking forward to it Joe, always good to get another point of view of golfing in Pattaya.

Will need to figure out how to post photos nearer the tim.

Sorry that should read interested.

Robw

Couldn't be any worse than most of the threads started on here,that's for sure.

Got $10 says someone bitches about the price of golf though.

Yeah, that sounds as if it'd be a good read with good info for the golfers... 

Any info is good info ... I will do likewise ... I am there May 4 for a couple of weeks .... and NO Green Valley this year ... OUCH!

Excellent idea...I will beat the OP to it.

My golf TR should appear about end of March.

Apologies to joe

??

THE MAIN THING IS TO KEEP THE MAIN THING THE MAIN THING

Excellent idea...I will beat the OP to it.

My golf TR should appear about end of March.

Apologies to joe

??

I look forward to reading it,hopefully more people will also do them. Enjoy your trip dude and as Skalliwag said someone will complain about the price of golf,I bet its also someone who hasn't even played the game.

Good luck

Any info is good info ... I will do likewise ... I am there May 4 for a couple of weeks .... and NO Green Valley this year ... OUCH!

Who do you play with?back in August I played with golf club LK Metro gonna try sugar shack this time.

Who do play with I playing in August with golf club LK metro gonna try sugar shack this time.

Sugar Shack are great guys.

You'll love it.

No stress,always on time.

Good place.

I look forward to reading it ,I try to play 3 times a week , have you tried pattava ,also a laid back bar to play out of is the growling swan

I have emailed a few places just to ask around the golf that they offer from the names given to me. As I said I know the golf club in LK Metro and would easily play with them again however fancied a wee change. I have sent out a few emails to the place named in this thread and only Paul from the sugar shack replied and seemed like a nice lad so I decided will give him his bar a few rounds on my trip.

I have emailed a few places just to ask around the golf that they offer from the names given to me. As I said I know the golf club in LK Metro and would easily play with them again however fancied a wee change. I have sent out a few emails to the place named in this thread and only Paul from the sugar shack replied and seemed like a nice lad so I decided will give him his bar a few rounds on my trip.

Yep,Paul's a good egg.

Bit hard to understand when he's pissed and has a silent laugh....but other than that.

Good shit.

My 1st week is booked.

Monday Pattana

Tuesday....Silky Oak

Wednesday......Pleasant Valley

Thursday...Emerald

Friday....Eastern Star

Also half the following week

Monday...Khao Kheow

Tuesday ...Burapha

Wednesday...Phoenix

1st time in 14 trips we're giving Laem Chabang a miss.....cost in excess of 4500 baht and a set price smorgasborg (LESS drinks) for lunch has just about buggered it for us cheap bastards

THE MAIN THING IS TO KEEP THE MAIN THING THE MAIN THING

My 1st week is booked.

Monday Pattana

Tuesday....Silky Oak

Wednesday......Pleasant Valley

Thursday...Emerald

Friday....Eastern Star

Also half the following week

Monday...Khao Kheow

Tuesday ...Burapha

Wednesday...Phoenix

1st time in 14 trips we're giving Laem Chabang a miss.....cost in excess of 4500 baht and a set price smorgasborg (LESS drinks) for lunch has just about buggered it for us cheap bastards[/quote)

Plenty golf over the 10 days,which course out of the 8 do you think is the stand out?

I personally played well at Burapha found it a decent course however isn't every course you play well on a good course haha. My 1st ever round in Thailand was at Khao Kheow found it a fucking nightmare experience. Reason for this was everything sweating,grass,greens and having a caddy was all alien to me as I was playing links golf in Scotland 2 days before I shot 92 worst round in years. After the round I nearly cancelled the other rounds of golf it was so unenjoyable,thankfully I didn't and it just took a few rounds sort it out.

Be good to see some photos of the course and such dude. I'm always interested in what clubs other golfers use. I might start a thread on it...

Archived