IGNORED

Sitting pool

Jussi70

Hi guys i want make to my home small sitting pool, not big like swimming pool. Do you have ideas or even photo if you have made it before?

While not a sitting pool, I had an outside pool made for my Japanese carp. It started with a poured concrete pad. The walls were made with AAC (white) blocks. The white blocks float, so they are also waterproof. They don't weigh as much as the grey concrete blocks, so at least to me, they are easier to work with. Plus, you can shape them with a hand saw. 

Once the frame was finished, and dry, we tiled the bottom and sides, and sealed the outside. Once that was dry, we painted it to match the house. It's at least three cubic meters of water, so something similar should work fine for a sitting pool. Cost was next to nothing; I think the tile was the most expensive parts. 

Oh, we also put in an overflow pipe, and a drain when we were building it. We've got some other fish ponds made with plastic sheeting and bricks. Those aren't nearly as nice to maintain, and tend to over fill in the rain.

20170301_083853.jpg

20170301_083937.jpg

Archived