Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Help with hotel selection

nardecap

Hi Friends,

I am planning to be in Pattaya on 1st March and yet to book a hotel. I was checking on Agoda and found that below hotels are available, please share your thoughts and guide which hotels I should go for, all these are rated as good hotels by fellow BMs

1) Bay Breeze - Junior Suite - THB 1900 with breakfast (Not clear if they will give 2 beds or king bed, i prefer king bed)

2) Maytara - Deluxe Balcony - THB 1500 no breakfast

3) August Suites - Executive Suite City view - THB 2100 with breakfast

4) Areca - Standard double- THB 1900 with breakfast

I prefer staying around Soi 10 as I feel that it will be a central location (agree that August Suites is not in this area). However, since it is my first trip suggestions from BMs are most welcome. If you think of any other good hotel in this area I am open for  that as well.

Please guide.

Cheers

RTFF

:wacko:

Only stayed at one of those and that was the August Suites,i liked it that much i stayed then year after too.Nice sized rooms,good pool,in a good area thats central for most things,any problems i had were dealt with swiftly.

You could do a lot worse!

Areca Lodge has the ACE club 890 baht if you join and book direct standard rooms are 1620 Baht. I did that in Nov just emailed them & when I arrived paid the 890 got the cheaper rate. Also get 15% off all food & non alcoholic drinks with the card.  

Don't know the Bay Breeze but the Areca is the best value for money out of the other three.

No idea why The Areca gets such a good deal on here I personally thought it was shite I stayed there for a week last Songkran the only good thing is the location.

The rest I can't help you with sorry ..

No idea why The Areca gets such a good deal on here I personally thought it was shite I stayed there for a week last Songkran the only good thing is the location.

The rest I can't help you with sorry ..

I am an advocate

Decent rooms, great location and a resort type feel. Lower than average building for a hotel this size and as many rooms.

Great pools always a lounger, bar near pools., friendly efficient staff.

I like to feel like I am on holiday...when I am on holiday.

I am an advocate

Decent rooms, great location and a resort type feel. Lower than average building for a hotel this size and as many rooms.

Great pools always a lounger, bar near pools., friendly efficient staff.

I like to feel like I am on holiday...when I am on holiday.

I agree stayed in November 1st trip and will be there next Monday for 3 weeks.

I have stayed at 2 of the 4

Areca is one of the most over hyped hotels in Pattaya

Tiny balcony. Rooms getting heavily dated.

Yeah it has two big pools but so what,??

It centrally located but a baht bus puts you anywhere you want in Pattaya in 5 mins anyway so that means shit

I stayed at August Suites last week. I booked again already for next trip

As foryour room choices drop it down a peg. The standard room is more than adequate and your only gonna get squeezed more by your TGs in the more expensive surrounds

It all depends on what you value in a hotel: location, quality of rooms, safety, facilities, etc.

You have only mentioned that you like the location.  I am staying in a guesthouse on Soi honey, halfway between beach road 2 and soi buakhao.  Decent room for 800 baht.  

Location IMO is awesome.  

If I walk to beach road 2, I can catch a baht bus to Soi 6.

Central Festival is a short walk away.

Soi buakhao, Soi Lengkee, Soi Chayapoon, LK Metro are all a short walk away.

I can walk to soi buakhao and catch a baht bus to Walking Street.

Of the hotels you listed, Areca and Bay Breeze are similarly located.

I have stayed at 2 of the 4

Areca is one of the most over hyped hotels in Pattaya

Tiny balcony. Rooms getting heavily dated.

Yeah it has two big pools but so what,??

It centrally located but a baht bus puts you anywhere you want in Pattaya in 5 mins anyway so that means shit

I stayed at August Suites last week. I booked again already for next trip

As foryour room choices drop it down a peg. The standard room is more than adequate and your only gonna get squeezed more by your TGs in the more expensive surrounds

1) It means that I can go for a swim and lie on a lounger without worrying if there will be room

2) It means I get there before you and 10 baht richer. I can also drop back for a shower or a change of shirt without the need for a 1/2 hr walk or two bus trips.

It all depends on what you value in a hotel: location, quality of rooms, safety, facilities, etc.

You have only mentioned that you like the location.  I am staying in a guesthouse on Soi honey, halfway between beach road 2 and soi buakhao.  Decent room for 800 baht.  

Location IMO is awesome.  

If I walk to beach road 2, I can catch a baht bus to soi 6.

Central Festival is a short walk away.

Soi buakhao, Soi Lengkee, Soi Chayapoon, LK Metro are all a short walk away.

I can walk to soi buakhao and catch a baht bus to walking street.

Of the hotels you listed, Areca and Bay Breeze are similarly located.

I thought baht buses were no longer allowed on soi Buakhao, or is that a wind up?

August Suites.

Top quality hotel and rooms, real king beds, pool....

Beware as there are not mongers costumers sometimes especially when you bring your shag of the night at the pool !

1) It means that I can go for a swim and lie on a lounger without worrying if there will be room

2) It means I get there before you and 10 baht richer. I can also drop back for a shower or a change of shirt without the need for a 1/2 hr walk or two bus trips.

1 I have never had the problem at August Suites of not being able to get seating by the pool

Possible but not in my time there

2 Yes it costs me 10 baht to get to LK Metro area. It also costs me 10 baht to get back

You on the other hand staying at Areca Lodge are paying roughly 500 baht extra per night

Room at August Suites 1250

Room at Areca Lodge 1750

So you have fun with you saving 20 baht to get too and from hotel to get to the LK area

I just enjoy the savings i make with the 500 baht less per night for my room

Sure i may have to cough up 20 baht for a baht bus trip back and forth but i aint making 25 return trips a day.

Plus the 5 mins each way is good visible stimulation

Also there is a nice Thai style market right next to august suites with food and laundry and some nice ice cold shakes and juices....

The food is fantastic right outside AS

If you like Thai food you are set.

Come back at night give your lady a couple hundred baht and you gonna have a feast

Also down on the corner towards Soi Buckhao same side as AS is a hidden Thai eatery sit down joint. You wont see it from Pattaya Klang you have to be on the footpath right outside it to notice it

Cheap quality food in there

I thought baht buses were no longer allowed on soi Buakhao, or is that a wind up?

There was an attempt by the authorities to ban baht buses on soi buakhao.  That lasted all of a few days, maybe a week.  Lots of baht buses on soi buakhao now.

Whatever you do, just make sure its near beach road. I stayed at the Zing hotel for 3 weeks on thrap phraya 7, felt tooo far away from the goings on, won't repeat the same mistake!

Chill out fellas - everyone has different preferences so kidnly respect that.

Areca is quite easily the most popular hotel with forum members and no doubt with good reason. Having stayed at both my PERSONAL preference would be for August Suites but even that would not be in my top 3 - again a matter of personal choice.

One thing to remember with Areca is they have the "old bit" and the "new bit" - it may well be important which one you are comparing to what.

Back to the OP - there is no such thing as "the best hotel in Pattaya" for the reasons outlined above - different people value different things and have different budgets. If you are torn then I would say you will not go wrong with either.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

In a shit hotel...

But we're all different ;)

Archived