Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Koh Samet

Da352

Hello everyone, I will be coming to pattaya in April.  I want to spend a couple days in Koh Samet, but have no idea how to get there.  Is it a long commute to Koh Samet from Pattaya? Is it achievable without spending a whole day of travel? 

Quite easy, all travel in Thailand is very easy, bus to the warf, on the ferry or speedboat and bobs your uNcle.

Make sure you get the bus to the warf, ferry and not to the town.

Great island

• 2 months later...

Recommend Jeps bungalow on Saikow Beach, nice and quiet, food on beach and a nice beach side bar in the evening.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Any other recommendations for Koh Samet? Also wonder what the nite time scene is like.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Several beaches on the island. I would recommend you rent a bike and check things out. Many small more intimate beaches with bungalows etc.

i have stayed at white sands, which is only a few hundred meters past the gate. You will pass a checkpoint(park gate), turn right and keep going.

fire show on the beach beside white sands at night, and they set up bars in front. Beautiful beaches .

I reccomend staying in Tonsak resort. Wooden bungalows right next to the beach and in the main area for the beach nightlife (sai kheaw beach) spelling?

I also reccomend hiring a golf buggy instead of a motorbike to see the island. Great fun with a lady. 

I love the place. I'd reccomend anyone go try this place for a 2 night stay. Great fireshows, great relaxed island feel, great cocktails and bars with bean bag seating on the sand at night. Fireshows are plentiful but the best one i seen was the one that's done latest at night. It's on Sai Kheaw beach and if you come into the beach from the road that's at the checkpoint/roundabout and turn right, walk about 200-300 meters along the sand and you'll see a stage with a seating area next to a big hotel. There's fire stunts done on the stage and also fire dancers on the sand too. Good cocktail and bucket selection at this place too!

Or if you want something quiet and 'romantic' there's a little wooden bar on the sand called 'friendly bar' plays chilled out music and has a lovely light display. 

A good bar I reccomend going in for a few is Naga Bar. Very lively and a brilliant night out. 

I'll always spend 2 nights on this island half way through my trips to Pattaya. It's easy to get to. Either take a taxi to the pier by rayong. I think a taxi costs 1000 baht or catch a mini bus from any of the tour boothes in Pattaya, they will pick you up at your hotel and the price of 700 baht includes ferry and park entrance fee. I think it's a bargain to be honest! 

Enjoy the place mate you'll love it!

Thanks for all the advice. I think a 2 or 3 nite stay may be in the plans for a change of pace.

11 minutes ago, Tidiver said:

Thanks for all the advice. I think a 2 or 3 nite stay may be in the plans for a change of pace.

Seriously mate you need to go there you'll feel great for it. 

• 6 months later...
On 7/16/2017 at 04:06, QUIM_SLAYER said:

I reccomend staying in Tonsak resort. Wooden bungalows right next to the beach and in the main area for the beach nightlife (sai kheaw beach) spelling?

I second this, Tonsak Resort, stayed there 2 years ago. The bungalows are great, but can't beat this location. You are beach front, and you can exit rear of the hotel and in a few minutes are at the 'crossroads' and 7-11, with bars and restaurants. Very central. 

Archived