IGNORED

Visa border run, which company

rick379

I making my first border run as the immigration won't give 30 day extension on a non-o visa only 7 day or 1 year... and 60day if you can jump through the child and or wife hoops witch is why I'm here.. 3 trips to jomtien and 3 different people with 3 different visa paperwork issues.. as I have a baby but anyway...

Now I'm out of time and just need to do a border run..

WHICH company is the preferred choice. I'm wanting to pay the extra and get a 6 passenger van with captain chairs etc. So this journey is half way comfort and at the border I'm guessing some agencies are better then other for getting you processed quickly and back to town..

Thank you for any good tips....

How much?

Which vip company with nice vans and good chairs?

I've used two the last 3 years.

Queen Vic on Soi 6, 7 seater incl front seat. Nice chairs, incl breakfast and lunch 2800 baht. About 4 hours there 30-60 mins at border 4 hours back.

Visa shop Soi 13/2 begins with M. Small Thai lunch incl on way back, about 8 in good quality minibus, good wheels for the dodgy cambo roads, same time as above, 2300 baht.

I'll be using the 2300 baht one from now on, 2800 is over priced, probably falang price.

I took a look at Pattaya visa shop soi. Berkao and lengkee intersection and there sign said 2800baht 6 passage or 2300 9 passage .. so you have used these guys as well or will next time scuba?

If they have a nice van with captains chairs for 2 across and good leg room then 2800 seems good for me.. the bench seats and 3 across tight jammed it for 2300baht I can do without..

The place on Soi 6 you mention does have a picture of the van and it looks great but pictures and realty are not always the same here in thailand...

I took a look at Pattaya visa shop soi. Berkao and lengkee intersection and there sign said 2800baht 6 passage or 2300 9 passage .. so you have used these guys as well or will next time scuba?

Its not always clear what company is behind it, some places are just taking bookings. I've used both places I've listed

Scuba how where the vans from Visa shop? I'm a bigger guy so would prefer to pay the bit extra they advertising if nice chairs.. there new pricing on the door of there business says 2800 6people and 2300 9people

Where they both about the same and what time do you leave outta Pattaya in the morning? Thanks scuba

Where they both about the same and what time do you leave outta Pattaya in the morning? Thanks scuba

The visa shop bus wasn't full so was fine . People had plenty of space but that isnt guaranteed. With the 6 seater (+1 front) its guaranteed. Both kicked off at 6. Queen Vic breaky at 6am leave 6.45am

Thanks scuba, ya I went down to visa should

And the lady there called the company that does the visa run as she said they only sell the ticket.. the vip van is the same van with bench seats but insteD of 9 they take 6 so less people maybe, thks is thailand and if they really need the seat in the middle im guessing they would sell the ticket and try to convi6you that its not full. for the same money at the Queen vic place place you get 6 captains chairs and that will make sure your in comfort as opposed to a bench seat that doesn't lay back etc. Plus supposedly I was able to reserve the seat in the van I wanted so will see.. seems like a much better operations over there and you get breakfast at the Queen vic before departure and lunch when return, my guess is that there more organized at the border as well but will see I guess.they did hAve all the

Paperwork for me to fill oUT for cambodia and thailand re-entry etc. When I booked the seat and paid so that also is a step ahead of the visa shop that I guess was gonna do it the morning we depart, she never said and I had my Thai girlfriend there to help translate.. I'm gonna snap a few pics of the process and post them here if I can...

surprisingly doesn't seem to be the info on here as of current and my guess is as the buses where full on several days there's plenty of people making visa runs.. especially since the new and old issues with visas and the visa office in jomtien..

I also called key visa and the guy is easy to speak with but that seemed to be a money deal as its 2600.. no vip only 9 people in van and no meals nothing just a ride to get visa and a ride back crammed into a van for vip money essentially as 2 meals will cost you the 200 baht difference there..

Both visa places i mentioned go to the same border and its exactly the same process and time at the border.

The visa shop did worry me a little bit when they said just bring photo in the morning. But it all went smoothly and if someone did forget a photo it can be done at the border.

Both options work well with no drama, although when i used the Queen Vic bus we got a puncture on the way back with the poor cambo roads. The visa shop bus seemed to have better looking tyres for the job.

• 4 months later...
How is it when i have to piss or shit ? Did the Van stop somewhere ?

It stops once. A mate said his daughter pissed herself because the driver wouldn't stop more often, so plan ahead.

1st Class Visa out of Queen Vic on Soi 6 probably has the best 6 seater van, but the last time I wanted to use them, about 6 months ago, they were only runnung ONCE a week. Goes from Queen Vic, which for me is a good thing a you don't tour round Pattaya picking everyone up.

5 star Visa in front of The Sportsman on Soi 13 also had a 6 seater but was not so new as the 1st Class van. The seats back adjuster on my seat was broken, but mostly it was ok. A little cheaper, hotel pickup, BUT the deciding factor for me, they were running everyday.

Archived