Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Golf Course condition report...update regularly

farcanal

I've been thinking about this for a while.

Golfing members may or may not get some benefit from it.

I would like to see a report from golfers about golf course condition after they've played whether it's one course or multiple courses over a week or two.

Over the past 8 years I've played a lot of golf on about 15 or 16 courses around Pattaya and occasionally we come across one that's deteriorated to an extent where we wish we hadn't booked on that occasion.

I will be reporting back in here in April (or late march) after my upcoming golf trip in March....and hoping I can help fellow golfers.

Sometimes we've arrived at a course only to find the greens have just been sanded.....if you know these things you can avoid....the clubs won't tell you unless you ask.

It's a long shot, but it may just work.

THE MAIN THING IS TO KEEP THE MAIN THING THE MAIN THING

Good idea my friend, they change condition like the weather in Patts  .... no rain ... too much rain .... club run out of money etc .... it would be great to get an idea about the condition of the Pattaya region courses so we can plan better .... or at least not be disappointed when we get there.

Thanks!

I will do likewise after my May trip ... I play Green Valley, Khao Kheow, Greenwood every trip ... as I think they are good value in low season.

I also play a couple of the more expensive courses like Laem Chabang or the Siam CC courses .... but only if the price is right!

Good idea my friend, they change condition like the weather in Patts  .... no rain ... too much rain .... club run out of money etc .... it would be great to get an idea about the condition of the Pattaya region courses so we can plan better .... or at least not be disappointed when we get there.

Thanks!

I will do likewise after my May trip ... I play Green Valley, Khao Kheow, Greenwood every trip ... as I think they are good value in low season.

I also play a couple of the more expensive courses like Laem Chabang or the Siam CC courses .... but only if the price is right!

Cheers mate, I had the idea quite a few years ago.

We played Pattana about 6 years ago (maybe more) and it was stuffed , so we vowed never to go back.

Fast forward  3 or 4 years and a chance conversation with another golfer in our hotel who had just played Pattana that day and his report was glowing.

we now play it twice every trip because it's always in pristine condition.

Pattavia shit.As of 9th Feb

Cheers....THAT'S what I'm talking about

Top idea this! I will feedback whilst on the ground in May this year.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Played Siam Waterside yesterday course is in magnificent condition as you would expect paying top dollar. Only problem is with the Old Course being closed the place is very busy. Maybe better to leave till low season take advantage of sports day rates & some days only 60 golfers on the course. Will try & get some pics if we go back Friday.

Top idea this! I will feedback whilst on the ground in May this year.

Great...the more the better.

Maybe in the rough, on the fairways was good a couple of weeks ago

Nope,dry and not good.

Tees were bad,greens were bad,fairways were not good.

Should've stayed in Kabinburi.

But if it's good enough for you,then that's great.

Courses I've played are all pretty good at the moment. Pleasant Valley's greens were really poor a couple of months ago so decided not to play again this long trip.

You need pick, clean, place on Treasure Hill, crab grass on the fairways

Nope,dry and not good.

Tees were bad,greens were bad,fairways were not good.

Should've stayed in Kabinburi.

But if it's good enough for you,then that's great.

You can't use Siam Country old as the the base though. Pattavia when i played it a few weeks ago was in the best condition out of the other courses all the bars play.

Guys often can't play the greens, too fast for them so blame the course

You can't use Siam Country old as the the base though. Pattavia when i played it a few weeks ago was in the best condition out of the other courses all the bars play.

Guys often can't play the greens, too fast for them so blame the course

I did fine.

Course was terrible on the 9th.

Maybe you were there earlier and they stopped watering?

Dunno.

But I considered it shit.

Green Valley was better.Crystal Bay was better,Kabinburi was infinitely better.

Didn't know that I had used Siam as a guide.

But hey....it's your world mate.

We are just renting apparently.

Halved my match BTW.Cheers.

Great idea farcanal, I'll give some feedback about the courses I play next month

My friend played Green Valley on Monday. Said it was in superb condition.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Crystal Bay, pretty good condition, C greens slower than B as usual, grass looks longer or maybe different type.

Great idea and thread.

2 weeks 31st Jan to 13 Feb. Played the following, 2 I missed but other golfers advise.

Really crook after day 4 but played still.

All rounds played off second back markers.

Phoenix. Excellent condition all round.

St Andrews. Seem to have forgotten how to lower the mower blades on fairways and greens. Average playability as a result.

Silky Oak. Ditto above but greens simply not great. Fantastic layout and challenging.

Green Valley. Played twice. Ok conditions and gets thrashed as a golf course. Some dodgy lies in old divots as a result.

Burapha. Great condition. Pleasure to play and great caddies. Good English and skills and always good looking here.

Keao Kheow. Good condition great course. Crap Marshal. A 5.30 round as a Korean 5 lost 2 holes and marshal did nothing. Bunkers not raked by caddies well. Played twice, different days, covering all 27 holes

Liam Chabang. Great course and conditions. Good fast greens. Shiite caddies. Poor English and skills.Ruined our first time playing as C course rely needs good advise in first 5 holes.

Pattana. I was really crook and missed but the boys loved it. Excellent condition, really fast greens. Good caddies.

Rayon appears to have very good caddies all with a good command of English. A little disappointed with the presentation of their courses and a bit precious about carts driving to your ball. Really pissed me hiring a cart and having to walk miles with 3 clubs in hand.

Overall I think the courses in HuaHin are better presented than those I've mentioned but the sheer selection and variety in Patts makes it our now preferred, golf destination. Night life not too bad either.

Hope this helps.

Great idea and thread.

2 weeks 31st Jan to 13 Feb. Played the following, 2 I missed but other golfers advise.

Really crook after day 4 but played still.

All rounds played off second back markers.

Phoenix. Excellent condition all round.

St Andrews. Seem to have forgotten how to lower the mower blades on fairways and greens. Average playability as a result.

Silky Oak. Ditto above but greens simply not great. Fantastic layout and challenging.

Green Valley. Played twice. Ok conditions and gets thrashed as a golf course. Some dodgy lies in old divots as a result.

Burapha. Great condition. Pleasure to play and great caddies. Good English and skills and always good looking here.

Keao Kheow. Good condition great course. Crap Marshal. A 5.30 round as a Korean 5 lost 2 holes and marshal did nothing. Bunkers not raked by caddies well. Played twice, different days, covering all 27 holes

Liam Chabang. Great course and conditions. Good fast greens. Shiite caddies. Poor English and skills.Ruined our first time playing as C course rely needs good advise in first 5 holes.

Pattana. I was really crook and missed but the boys loved it. Excellent condition, really fast greens. Good caddies.

Rayon appears to have very good caddies all with a good command of English. A little disappointed with the presentation of their courses and a bit precious about carts driving to your ball. Really pissed me hiring a cart and having to walk miles with 3 clubs in hand.

Overall I think the courses in HuaHin are better presented than those I've mentioned but the sheer selection and variety in Patts makes it our now preferred, golf destination. Night life not too bad either.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Milf....excellent report...know exactly what you mean about those pesky koreans. We've waited to play into a green with them pricks practicing their putts after they've all holed out. 

Some of our smarter caddies have actually driven a few holes ahead of them and then came back to the holes we missed at the end of the round.......and finished an hour before them.

• 3 weeks later...

I played Pattavia yesterday, still good condition. Greens not as slick as usual, but probably makes it a little easier for most. Definitely drying up though, i only saw one hazard with water.

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody thinking of playing Treasure Hill be aware they have sanded the greens so a bit slower than usual especially when chipping.

Thought the fairways were in good condition, even the "crab" grass had been quite tightly mown.......

1. Treasue Hill in good shape "this week" because they have watered . Varies from week to week unfortunately.

2. Crystal Bay in very good condition but has to have the most unattractive companions in Thailand . It seems they are twinned with Mountain Shadow and all the girls under 50 must have been sent there on the day we played 555 .

Played Greenwood the other day. The C loop closed for some work at the moment. A and B in good condition with greens running very well. 

Played Green Valley in a Texas scramble earlier in the week and was disappointed in the overall condition. They also announced the course will not now be closed and will work on it with play carrying on but players to expect "inconvenience"........

• 3 months later...

Hi. Arriving in Pattaya late next week and will be playing plenty of golf. Keen to hear feedback on the condition of courses, especially if some are not too expectation. Planning to play at Laem Chabang, Phoenix, Plutaluang, Burapha, Siams Pattaya CC etc. Any feedback is appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Played all 3 Siam Courses over the last about 2 weeks ago always in great shape. Waterside is at present the pick of the bunch as is the quietest. If you are looking for a game their have a look on the Outback Golf Bar website they are doing golf there now on the sports day & have a deal with lunch thrown in back at the bar. They also play Laem Chabang on the sports day there.

www.outbackgolfbar.asia

Archived