Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

La Bocca

ChiFlyer

Tried La Boca last night as it's near my condo, I was a little pressed for time, and some people had some good things to say about it. I am not that high on the place.

http://laboccapattaya.com/

To be fair, I probably ordered outside of their wheelhouse. Their go to items seem to be the pizza, pastas, and meats. I am trying to cut back a bit on red meats and high carbs, so I went with the Sesame Encrusted Tuna. The dish was not all that well prepared IMO. The center pieces of the tuna were at considerably different temperatures. Some were warm, what I expected, and some were refrigerator level cold.

All in all I can see why some people would like the place, but from now on if I want Italian, I am going to Gian's. 

IMG_0185.JPG

Not something I'd ever order so can't comment.

However, ate there 3 times last trip and found it excellent - if a little pricey.

Good soup, good fish, excellent pasta and a Canola to die for :-)

IMG_4619.JPGIMG_4618.JPGIMG_4193.JPGIMG_4197.JPG

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• 2 years later...

Went here tonight. Very quiet. I was the only customer for most of the time I was there.

Service excellent as ever.

Had bruschetta to start (no pic sorry). Fresh & tasty - especially with the addition of some olive oil & black pepper.

Had the four cheese & ham ravioli to follow. Very nice and perfectly cooked (al dente). 

9CB27D4D-9C8B-4E71-ACB4-69CBBA4DBC9F.jpeg

I enjoyed the House Shiraz. Not keen on the complimentary breadsticks etc.

Total bill was 940 baht. A bit pricey but did include half a litre of wine :) and a water.

• Like 2

Fancied some fish and knew the owner goes fishing most days so tried it again.

Place was busy this time. Onion soup was good, croutons & Parmesan on the side.

0F57FD75-68AD-4FFC-A2F6-0F3D9F2F73BC.jpeg

White snapper was fresh and tasty, if rather on the large side! Comes with choice of potatoes included in price (590 baht) and I asked for a small (!) tomato salad.

DAE9D599-A2F1-49CA-AC30-7A027F85338E.jpeg
E41E3B6D-4FF5-4EEF-B948-AE2AF5B3E62E.jpeg

Service wasn’t up to the usual standard. Food very good. A little expensive but large portions. I’d have been quite happy sharing the main course with someone else.