IGNORED

Opening new bar in Aranyaphetet

mike the rat

Hiya guys just thought if any of you decide to venture out of Pattaya and head over to Aran' you might like to know about a new bar I'm opening in a couple of weeks.....The name is "Mike's Bar"...ok hardly original but I liked it...

We are across the main road from the train station and while we cant expect to compete with the joys of pattayas nightlife we are a nice little bar where you can get a nice cool drink and chill out.

All the staff speak english and will try to help out if you need advise on visas etc.

I'll try and post a tel. no. later we are just waiting to setup a new no. with true/ubc......

any questions just post em hope some of you canmake it to visit us all the best ........Mike the rat

Hiya guys just thought if any of you decide to venture out of Pattaya and head over to Aran' you might like to know about a new bar I'm opening in a couple of weeks.....The name is "Mike's Bar"...ok hardly original but I liked it...

We are across the main road from the train station and while we cant expect to compete with the joys of pattayas nightlife we are a nice little bar where you can get a nice cool drink and chill out.

All the staff speak english and will try to help out if you need advise on visas etc.

I'll try and post a tel. no. later we are just waiting to setup a new no. with true/ubc......

any questions just post em hope some of you canmake it to visit us all the best ........Mike the rat

Ok mike,i am in Aran quite a bit so will make a point of visiting your new venture around xmas/new year! I hope you like a good drink? are you near the steak house? opposite the clock tower road.

How long you been in Aran?

Good luck with the bar mate!

Good luck with the bar Mike, shame there's not a fledging community like Patts as it would make border runs a whole lot easier!

Be scene and not herd.

Thanks for the comments guys we are on the main road from the bus terminus going down towards the border/market as you pass the railway station on your left if you look to your right we are there ...... (near the visa information place) not a massive bar but pleasant enough we open officially on the 4th (if i manage to get back from cambodia in time!) Ill post the phone no. as soon as i can so if anyone does have problems finding us you can just ring... BTW Aran is short for Aranyaphatet ,a smallish town on the eastern border with Cambodia (Poi-Pet). quite a popular place with tourists travelling through to cambodia to see "Ankor Wat " an old temple mainly destroyed in previous wars....Anyway thanks again guys hope to see you soon take care, Mike.

BTW will try to sort out pictures but getting them on the system is hard as currently inputting from internet cafes and very few have scanning facilities for photos...

I'm planning on busing to Cambo my next trip, I'll stop by before I hit Poipet, bro.

When life gives you lemons...

Fuck the lemons and grab a beer.

Read my trip report!

Pics

One other thing, if you need any advice on getting to Seam Reap or Cambodia in general just call in on your way thru I may be able to save you money just by giving free helpful advice...NO CATCH.....(not on take from any companies ,but a lot of the visa places,taxi drivers etc will try to rip you off so be warned,there are some good ones but if you are prepared to make a little effort by making your own arrangments you could save 3000 baht plus!) We open bar officially tommorow night (4th Dec) if anyone is in area please feel welcome to drop in you will be made very welcome by me or my mrs (noot.)

We are just past clock tower (going towards border/market) on right hand side of road look for red/white sign "Mikes Bar". near visa "Information" place. Not been in Aran very long the mrs got the bar while I was in uk came back here a few weeks ago been working on bar ever since....

Hiya guys just a quick one to say if you do visit and you need directions you can now ring the bar on 083 8159975.

• 3 months later...

UPDATE....Changed name of bar to "Farang Bar". (Thought would appeal to more visitors to Aran). Have two girls working there now and me &the mrs. Also got a "Thai Herbal Whisky" stall outside now ,the young thai guy and his girlfriend sell the stuff at only 10 baht a glass and it sure is worth a try.....(Ideal if you like shots between your beers...)We do good thai food in the evening up to around 11.00pm and generally stay open until late...(1,2,or ever sometimes3am!!)

Hope you'll call in if you get the chance.......

Best Regards

M.T.R.