IGNORED

nong khai hotel/guest house

detectivethai

i need accomodation in nong khai due to pending border run. and just fancied a few days near the mekong. can anyone help with suggestions please?

The Meeting Place is quite nice as guest houses go, the same with the Pantawi hotel (depending on which room you get, ask to see it first).

If you get the chance I would highly reccomend hiring some transport and taking a trip to this place http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/Walk-....html&st=24 . The market in Nong Khai is pretty cool.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

thanks Dr. W.

Tried to book Pantawee online but no reply so made a phone call and they said it is fine to walk in as plenty of rooms atm.

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I would report back. I stayed at the hotel pantawee. first night 700 baht incl 2x buffet breakfast. breakfast was less than decent. so for remainder of visit we ate breakfast elsewhere. rooms were good for the price with free pc in room and free wifi throughout hotel. a/c, fan great bed, ok shower. very relaxed stmosphere. staff were ok the male staff were friendlier than the females, maybe it was a full moon!!

rented a moped from hotel, old but ok for 200 baht per day. all in all good value, good location and would definately stay again. i hope someone finds this useful.

• 3 years later...

I also recomend the Pantawee. Stayed there twice this year. Both times with no reservation. The breakfast was pretty much what I have come to expect at budget hotels. Good value for the price. I nam sure that I will stay there again.

Ray