IGNORED

News Steaks and Grill

ChiFlyer

This place was on my check it out list, so I did so tonight. I was favorably impressed and will repeat. Nice decor. Pleasant atmosphere, including the music. Attentive, but not pushy service. Good food. 

http://newssteaks.com/

As you can see from the name it's primarily a red meat place. In looking at my check it out list, I have too much red meat and Italian on it, but hey that's my problem. I was feeling like going a little lighter, so I went with a fish dish.

Started with a small Ceasar's Salad and it was well prepared.

News - Ceasar Salad.JPG

Followed with Dory in  a Lobster Sauce with Duchess Potatoes. Not exactly lighter. I could not finish it, which left no room for dessert, which had some interesting choices as well.

News - Dory.JPG

Yes, one of my favorites in Jomtiem, 6 of us went for a birthday a few months ago, a great night, everyone was impressed with meal & wine.

Reasonable priced also. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I tried here with a friend last night and we were both left unimpressed.

(not been the best couple of nights for me, food wise!)

There's no pictures as it was too dark to take any. Couldn't really see the food properly.

Very offhand waiter and below average service.

I had Asparagus Soup to start. It was green but didn't taste of asparagus. Quite salty, possibly from the bacon pieces, and had dried parsley sprinkled on top. It came with one small slice of French bread.

I then had the meatballs with mash. It was fine. No issues really but hardly worth what they charge here. It was about the quality of a prepared supermarket meal. It came with lingon berries and a few slices of cucumber.

I had a glass of house red (though waiter brought a more expensive one than I'd ordered!) and a warm bottle of water.

Total bill for me was well over 700 baht. Not worth anything close to that.

I'm afraid this is another restaurant crossed off my list of places to eat. Perhaps it's better for steaks?

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

32 minutes ago, davidge said:

I'm afraid this is another restaurant crossed off my list of places to eat. Perhaps it's better for steaks?

My understanding is that it is best known as a red meat place. I liked it better than you did, but it is not one of my top tier places.

the best panang chicken in pattaya

my freind always orders the port chop and always loves it      fajitas are good too

mexican 1.jpg

mexican 2.jpg

Thai Panang News.JPG

On 04/08/2017 at 7:28 AM, BiteMeBistro said:

A month ago ownership changed hands as the very successful and popular Jack Grindvold moved on. 

I thought Jack was the Manager, not the Owner ?

5 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

I thought Jack was the Manager, not the Owner ?

Jack bought it a couple of years ago, sold it back to the previous owner Mattias a short while ago

Thailand Wine And Dine - unbiased food reviews around town ... Pollution Watch Thailand - daily air quality readings, news and info, Pattaya

• 8 months later...

Archived