Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Heathrow lounge

jellybean

Has anyone ever signed up for the free Amex gold card ? From what I have read it gets 2 people in free at airport club lounges.

Just wondered if it were that straight forward !

Where do you get a free Amex Gold? According to the Amex website, Gold card is £140/year in UK.

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure how it works in the UK, but if similar to the US Amex cards, only the Platinum (or Centurion) grants you Priority Pass Lounge network, Centurion Club lounges, Delta lounges, and International Amex network. You can technically still use some of these places with the Gold card, but for a fee. You get a $100 annual travel credit good towards one airline of selection, which could be leveraged to pay for lounge access though, but only good for that one airline's lounge.

I go in the Heathrow airport lounge everytime I go to Thailand, cost me about £50. You get all food you can eat, shower, TV, drinks.

As I can remember it's on the bottom floor behind the escalators on the left as you come in after customs.

Me no daft, me no silly, me wear condom on my Willy.

By ..simply..googling this Gold Amex card in the last few days, I have since obtained one by post.

The actual card for use in over several hundred airport lounges will follow in the post, now that I have activated the gold card.

The card will allow me 2 FREE passes into anyone of those lounges ror 3 hours which includes meals drinks etc etc.

Once the 2 FREE passes are used ( in my case April ) there is a charge of £15. per person to use the same lounges etc. Which I feel is good value..As observed above by storytime by paying an exstortionate fee of £50

There's Heathrow lounges and there's Heathrow lounges....

If the cost for the card is less than the cost to pay to get in lounges for all your trips p/a then it's obv a goer.

Otherwise maybe better to p4p, same as Patts ;-)

By ..simply..googling this Gold Amex card in the last few days, I have since obtained one by post.

The actual card for use in over several hundred airport lounges will follow in the post, now that I have activated the gold card.

The card will allow me 2 FREE passes into anyone of those lounges ror 3 hours which includes meals drinks etc etc.

Once the 2 FREE passes are used ( in my case April ) there is a charge of £15. per person to use the same lounges etc. Which I feel is good value..As observed above by storytime by paying an exstortionate fee of £50

I flew a mate over here for a week a Cpl of weeks ago and the lounge they used at Heathrow T2 was £24, Aspire I think it was.

I have Amex Platinum not cheap but gives access to all Priority Pass Lounges world wide as many times as I travel and very good insurance. Did have problems a couple of years ago in Manchester with getting in when they were "Full" only to get in and they were empty that was the airport policy not priority pass. But that seems to be sorted out. I had the card because it covered me for work and because of the way I was treated when I broke my arm I will keep it.

I have Amex Platinum not cheap but gives access to all Priority Pass Lounges world wide as many times as I travel and very good insurance. Did have problems a couple of years ago in Manchester with getting in when they were "Full" only to get in and they were empty that was the airport policy not priority pass. But that seems to be sorted out. I had the card because it covered me for work and because of the way I was treated when I broke my arm I will keep it.

I have the Amex BA Prem Plus card for the points and the free First Class return to anywhere it gets me every year. Thought about getting the Platinum too but the cost a bit too much for not much return as I'm BA Gold so have access to all BA/One World First Class lounges worldwide already. The insurance with Amex is indeed great, good to hear they looked after you and their customer service far better than any other CC's too.

I have the Amex BA Prem Plus card for the points and the free First Class return to anywhere it gets me every year. Thought about getting the Platinum too but the cost a bit too much for not much return as I'm BA Gold so have access to all BA/One World First Class lounges worldwide already. The insurance with Amex is indeed great, good to hear they looked after you and their customer service far better than any other CC's too.

And I transferred points to skywards so Flying Man-Bkk  First Class Emirates was on offer 34250 points to upgrade as we can't fly direct.  :GoldenSmile1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :GoldenSmile1:

And I transferred points to skywards so Flying Man-Bkk  First Class Emirates was on offer 34250 points to upgrade as we can't fly direct.  :GoldenSmile1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :GoldenSmile1:

Winning all the way :GoldenSmile1: 

Archived