Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Chiang Mai to Huahin

fusionx

Hi all,

What's the best way to travel from Chiang Mai to Hua Hin? I guess there are no commercial flights to Hua Hin from anywhere, BKK included.

Am I looking at flying into BKK then hiring a car? I'd prefer a car to a bus or train - I'm more about convenience on this trip :)

Thanks in advance!

I've done it by bus. Not as terrible as it sounds. VIP express bus leaves CM 8:00pm, arrives HH about 6am. Seats recline almost fully so got some decent sleep. About 800B a few years ago.

I guess a new option is to fly Air Asia CM to U-Thapao and then take ferry across from Pattaya. Likely cost 3000+.

Consider the over night sleeper train from Chiang Mai to Bangkok. You get a flat bed, pillow and sheets. Much more comfortable than bus. Costs about 800 baht.

Then train (same Bangkok station) to Hua Hin.

There is a 24 seat VIP coach that goes from Suvarnabhumi. The counter for the coach is next to the one that goes to Pattaya. Travel time about 3 hours 30 minutes.

Yep kan air. Put the search in monomondo and the only result was kan air, for plane

+1 for jellybean

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kan Air is no good - no seats until next Friday :(

I'm doing a flgiht on Air Asia this evening to DMX, then a car to Hua Hin. That's if my credit card company will unblock my now restricted card and let me book the very last seat available on the flight I want - lol! 

Maybe I'll wait until tomorrow and just drink beer tonight. 

Consider the over night sleeper train from Chiang Mai to Bangkok. You get a flat bed, pillow and sheets. Much more comfortable than bus. Costs about 800 baht.

Then train (same Bangkok station) to Hua Hin.

Book early, I've tried a few times and been all sold out, sleeper that is not seating .

Archived