Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Udon Thani Night Life - every year worse?

flioflop

In the last few years I always spent some days, end of January, in Udon Thani on the way to Laos.

May be it is just me, but somehow I think that the night life is really dying a slow death up there.

Other opinions ??????????????

:03: :03: :03: :03: :03: :03: :03: :03: :03: :03:

Edited by flioflop

• 2 years later...
On 01/02/2017 at 05:25, flioflop said:

In the last few years I always spent some days, end of January, in Udon Thani on the way to Laos.

May be it is just me, but somehow I think that the night life is really dying a slow death up there.

Other opinions ??????????????

:03: :03: :03: :03: :03: :03: :03: :03: :03: :03:

....I keep reading that its much better during high season.  Have you considering visiting during that time of year?

I plan on spending some real time there the next high season and see whats around

Well I always had the pleasure of being there in

JANUARY = high season.

Anyone, news of the momentary situation up in Udon Thani???

• 3 months later...

Harry's Handlebar on soi Sampan , just down from the Irish Clock is a quiet bar with regular punters , good place if you have any questions 

an absolute top place for food .. REAL barramundi fish and chips , food can't fault , would go very close to being the best in thailand IMO from what i have had around the traps

they have girls that can be had on the corner or over the road at the bar complex and up and down the soi

harry's is more the social chat , football , sport , and great food

Edited by onehunglo

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping this thread as I might be interested in checking UT for 2 nights, problem is, it's a Mon to Wed. 

Is the nightlife there worth it to see something different than Patt? Are there hotties and clubs closing after 2am? 

I'm 32yo for context.

Of should I just stick with Patt and BKK.

Thanks!

13 minutes ago, Rainville said:

Bumping this thread as I might be interested in checking UT for 2 nights, problem is, it's a Mon to Wed. 

Is the nightlife there worth it to see something different than Patt? Are there hotties and clubs closing after 2am? 

I'm 32yo for context.

Of should I just stick with Patt and BKK.

Thanks!

There are two main beer bar complexes, Nutty Park & Day and Night.  They both officially close at 12 am due to police restrictions.  Sometimes all this means is the roller door comes down as I was drinking in one in the Day and Night complex in early August until 4am.  The main places to go after the bars officially close are the Tawandang just around corner and Yellow Bird nightclub (mostly normal Thais go here) which close around 2 am.  If you're staying in the main area, everything you need is within walking distance.  You're not going to be spoiled for nightlife choices like in Bangkok and Pattaya.

Edited by Crushed
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I was there the other night. Plenty of ladies at Day Night.

• Like 2

I know it’s a bit off topic but I’m coming through Udon for my first time on December 29, and was hoping to meet up with someone who lives there late morning to talk about living there, as well as the ladies. Anyone from the area?

I haven’t been to Udon Thani since 2003, back then the nightlife sucked.

• Like 1

Retired

1 hour ago, mistergrin said:

I know it’s a bit off topic but I’m coming through Udon for my first time on December 29, and was hoping to meet up with someone who lives there late morning to talk about living there, as well as the ladies. Anyone from the area?

My own biased opinion is that coming from Pattaya to Udon Thani for nightlife is not really a successful plan. Moving from Pattaya to Udon Thani for a relaxing residential life for someone like me who does not drink alcohol, or hang out on the 'bar street' has been awesome. But, I moved up here to live here. I did not move up here to party here. 

If you're looking for bar ladies, there are some available on "Soi Farang" between Bangkok Hospital and Central Festival. IMO, pickings are slim but available. (Pattaya is far better for that.) If you're looking to settle down with one lady I think the options are far greater, but I also thing that takes living up here first and getting to know your surroundings. Single ladies are plentiful up here but they aren't going to drop their knickers at the first sighting of a 1000 baht note. :-) 555

So what is it you're looking to do in Udon, and what is spurring your trip up here?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Piece Corp said:

I haven’t been to Udon Thani since 2003, back then the nightlife sucked.

I loved Udon back in 2003. The regular nightlife was OK, similar to most larger provincial capitals in the region. The locals were friendly. Best part for me was that the mongering was outstanding. Soi Fai Daeng was one of the best P4P strips I’ve come across anywhere and the Soi Adunyadet side sois were also excellent. Great times.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, bgtp said:

I loved Udon back in 2003. The regular nightlife was OK, similar to most larger provincial capitals in the region. The locals were friendly. Best part for me was that the mongering was outstanding. Soi Fai Daeng was one of the best P4P strips I’ve come across anywhere and the Soi Adunyadet side sois were also excellent. Great times.

I was only there 2 nights and wasn't impressed, thought even khon kaen was better at the time, which wasn't saying much. But I've lived in Bangkok and Pattaya most of the time so I'm accustomed to a much higher standard.

• Like 1

Retired

Maybe @LOTTELLEE WINNA will chime in since he lived up here in the city of Udon Thani for a while too. :-) To me, Udon is a fine destination as somewhere to get a house or condo and settle down to live a residential lifestyle. All the stuff is here; Central Shopping Mall, Tukcom, high speed internet providers, fancy restaurants, casual restaurants, a small farang bar street, Thai nightclubs, etc. There are some touristy attractions around but you'd need transportation to get to them. There are several high quality hospitals, a major airport, train depot, bus station, and so on. There are baht buses around, but I've never figured out the routes up here since I have my own transportation. English speaking Thai's are not as common here as they are in tourist destinations. 

There used to be a section of Lao brothels near the TOT office, but that was all shut down a few years back. There are a couple of beer bar plazas, but they seem to get thinner and thinner as time goes on. If you're wanting to sit in a bar and drink with your mates, I think it is okay. If you want to go shopping for the belle du jour/de nuit, it's not so good. If you're looking more longterm though, it's a good place to meet single, not currently a bar-girl sort of ladies. 

I generally go to Pattaya for a week every three months for the things Pattaya has to offer without needing to put up with living in Pattaya full time. For me, at the end of the week I am more than ready to leave the crazy behind and go back to Udon. :-) 

As @Garzan says, what’s not to like about Udon. Mall, English supermarkets, beautiful park, UD town night market, cinemas, top hospitals, a decent nightlife...and  lots of hot gals.

If you are a single dude looking for a proper GF then there is nowhere better than Udon. Spend a few nights in town talk to the locals Thai and falang, and you will get lots of offers  - friends of my missus are always looking to meet a falang.

On 02/12/2019 at 03:39, Garzan said:

My own biased opinion is that coming from Pattaya to Udon Thani for nightlife is not really a successful plan. Moving from Pattaya to Udon Thani for a relaxing residential life for someone like me who does not drink alcohol, or hang out on the 'bar street' has been awesome. But, I moved up here to live here. I did not move up here to party here. 

If you're looking for bar ladies, there are some available on "Soi Farang" between Bangkok Hospital and Central Festival. IMO, pickings are slim but available. (Pattaya is far better for that.) If you're looking to settle down with one lady I think the options are far greater, but I also thing that takes living up here first and getting to know your surroundings. Single ladies are plentiful up here but they aren't going to drop their knickers at the first sighting of a 1000 baht note. :-) 555

So what is it you're looking to do in Udon, and what is spurring your trip up here?

Kind of what you did. I’m staying with a single friend for 3 nights, and trying to decide if Udon is a good place to settle down. Wanted to meet you on Dec 29th in the late morning to just talk about your practical experiences living there, to get a getter picture of the pros and cons. It’s better than a travel blog. I’m leaving on the 1:40 train, So if you have some free time before that, can we grab a coffee.

I spent some time at the Day Night Complex last night. I found a spinner at a bar and bought her some ladydrinks. It was a little chilly last night, so with every cold drink, she got a little closer to me.

But, I decided I wasn't in the mood for a spinner last night, so I went back to my hotel alone.

Plenty of ladies in the bars. 

• Like 2

@Explorer8939 , try out Harry's Handlebar ... turn left as you leave the Panerie on other side of soi just before the corner .

GREAT FOOD , wide range of Falung to ask questions 

seek out CHOOK the owner 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 09/12/2019 at 04:53, onehunglo said:

@Explorer8939 , try out Harry's Handlebar ... turn left as you leave the Panerie on other side of soi just before the corner .

GREAT FOOD , wide range of Falung to ask questions 

seek out CHOOK the owner 

The new owner has taken this place down a couple levels by all accounts. Now just a boring old guy and his mates sitting there all day.

• 5 months later...
On 15/08/2019 at 16:37, onehunglo said:

Harry's Handlebar on soi Sampan , just down from the Irish Clock is a quiet bar with regular punters , good place if you have any questions 

an absolute top place for food .. REAL barramundi fish and chips , food can't fault , would go very close to being the best in thailand IMO from what i have had around the traps

they have girls that can be had on the corner or over the road at the bar complex and up and down the soi

harry's is more the social chat , football , sport , and great food

Harrys handlebar on Sampan was sold some time ago .

it is now called Full throttle bar and grill --very good food -great service .

they now have a pool table and some nice looking staff -they are non barfinable just there for service ,they only work for drinks and tips .

2 hours ago, karandy said:

Harrys handlebar on Sampan was sold some time ago .

it is now called Full throttle bar and grill --very good food -great service .

they now have a pool table and some nice looking staff -they are non barfinable just there for service ,they only work for drinks and tips .

Chook did a good job when he had it .. sold about just under a year ago I think