IGNORED

Low Fares JFK...BKK United

EasyRyder

Greetings, (first post)...

Search United..... NYC airports...BKK April thru May, use low fare calendar...

limited days ect..lowest fare I came across was $588.46..... thru  NRT 

or  Use ITA/google search for broader results   

Some itineraries use ANA metal! .... I dislike United but this is attractive if you like ANA...

good luck.... I imagine these will disappear fast

There are lots of cheap flights from JFK. As I recall, United/ANA flight times are horrible. Sadly, the shortest, best flight times and cheapest flights are with the China airlines.

Agree on United = horrible, I must have been lucky with my last flight on ATA... excellent flight BKK/SFO ...

I guess then that low fares from the east coast are not that hard to come by...points guy seems to think there pretty good... 

I've flown this route, JFK to BKK and back to JFK.  It was a code share United flight, but it was actually flown by ANA.  I flew economy and can say it was one of the most pleasant (economy) flights I've ever taken.  I used to fly first class before, but I've stopped doing it after realizing paying almost 1000% over an economy ticket, was straight up insanity.  I also realized it didn't get me there any faster, than the bloke sitting at the back of the plane.

Flying from JFK to BKK was nice.  I got EXTREMELY lucky, and had a relatively empty plane.  I was sitting on the left side of the plane and had the seat next to me empty.  But the people in middle rows lucked out, they had empty rows (beside themselves) and were able to lay out and sleep across all 4 seats.  VERY lucky.  This was on the JFK to NRT route on a 777-300.  The service and flight attendants were also great.

The NRT to BKK leg was on a 787, and was a full flight.  Great service again, and both JFK to NRT & NRT to BKK arrived on time.  I'm looking to book the same flight again for my next Patts trip this summer.  Below are pictures I took during the JFK to NRT leg.  The space they provide is VERY roomy.  I'm 6'1 and was able to cross my legs comfortably.  The food was also yummy.  

I found the 777 flight more comfortable than the 787, it felt more compacted on the 787, and not as much leg room.  I paid approx. $1200 for my trip, but it was also at the height of summer.  I checked again this weekend and found flights for $1400.  Not as comfortable as the $588 as OP found, or close to what I paid the first time around, but then again it's a different year and those things change by the hour.

Overall, I would def. recommend this flight.   Aside from the 20+ hour flight time it takes to fly from NYC to BKK, the test of endurance is worth it when you finally arrive in the promise land.

DSC05747.JPG

GOPR0164.JPG

GOPR0168.JPG

GOPR0220.JPG

Agree on United = horrible, I must have been lucky with my last flight on ATA... excellent flight BKK/SFO ...

I guess then that low fares from the east coast are not that hard to come by...points guy seems to think there pretty good...

I don't think it is the east coast. It JFK specifically. Lots of flights out of there and lots of competition. I just found $539 flights from JFK to BKK for April with EVA. I check fares religiously for fares out of JFK for my next holiday and $550s is pretty common these days.

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Tapatalk

I've flown this route, JFK to BKK and back to JFK. It was a code share United flight, but it was actually flown by ANA. I flew economy and can say it was one of the most pleasant (economy) flights I've ever taken. I used to fly first class before, but I've stopped doing it after realizing paying almost 1000% over an economy ticket, was straight up insanity. I also realized it didn't get me there any faster, than the bloke sitting at the back of the plane.

Flying from JFK to BKK was nice. I got EXTREMELY lucky, and had a relatively empty plane. I was sitting on the left side of the plane and had the seat next to me empty. But the people in middle rows lucked out, they had empty rows (beside themselves) and were able to lay out and sleep across all 4 seats. VERY lucky. This was on the JFK to NRT route on a 777-300. The service and flight attendants were also great.

The NRT to BKK leg was on a 787, and was a full flight. Great service again, and both JFK to NRT & NRT to BKK arrived on time. I'm looking to book the same flight again for my next Patts trip this summer. Below are pictures I took during the JFK to NRT leg. The space they provide is VERY roomy. I'm 6'1 and was able to cross my legs comfortably. The food was also yummy.

I found the 777 flight more comfortable than the 787, it felt more compacted on the 787, and not as much leg room. I paid approx. $1200 for my trip, but it was also at the height of summer. I checked again this weekend and found flights for $1400. Not as comfortable as the $588 as OP found, or close to what I paid the first time around, but then again it's a different year and those things change by the hour.

Overall, I would def. recommend this flight. Aside from the 20+ hour flight time it takes to fly from NYC to BKK, the test of endurance is worth it when you finally arrive in the promise land.

FYI, they cancelled the JFK to NRT route in October. I also don't see any JFK flights to BKK on United anymore. As I recall, the flight times were horrible anyways. At least 30 hours each way.

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Tapatalk

Archived