IGNORED

Best seafood in Pattaya

Peter190174

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

great thread, im going to try a few of these places and gorge myself silly

The Market, since I taught my girlfriend how to make steamed crabs she is now buying crabs in Naklua every weekend and steaming them with shrimp.. Much cheaper then the restaurant. But besides that I cant vouch for many Seafood places their all the same to me. Hilton is prob one of the best buffet's I had for overall selection since I dont care much for seafood, it was worth the price I can say that. 

Get Busy Living... Or Get Busy Dying

• 2 weeks later...

I went last night with my companion to King Seafood and the food is very good. 

The tiger prawns were really sexy and yummy. We went for a late dinner but even better because it was only us next to the sea views, so I recommend you go a bit later if you like to be in a quiet place with your girl.

If the sea views really do it for you, and you don't mind a busier place (but with a slightly better location), the Beer Garden Restaurant short of WS is also worth a visit (Thai/Western fare)

6 hours ago, Mishko said:

The tiger prawns were really sexy and yummy. We went for a late dinner but even better because it was only us next to the sea views, so I recommend you go a bit later if you like to be in a quiet place with your girl.

If the sea views really do it for you, and you don't mind a busier place (but with a slightly better location), the Beer Garden Restaurant short of WS is also worth a visit (Thai/Western fare)

I'v eaten at beer garden and it was soso. King just looks like too much of a tourist trap to me and I have never tried it.  

For WS seafood I really like the no name seafood place on Soi 15, next to the gogos. Very reasonably priced. And the Muscles with Mint are simply outstanding. 

6 hours ago, Mishko said:

sorry deleted a repeated post

18 hours ago, Uncle-V said:

I'v eaten at beer garden and it was soso. King just looks like too much of a tourist trap to me and I have never tried it.  

For WS seafood I really like the no name seafood place on Soi 15, next to the gogos. Very reasonably priced. And the Muscles with mint are simply outstanding. 

Yes I hear you, although at least according to our experience, the menu was also reasonably priced, and the restaurant was huge and only two other tables busy at the time we went (Thursday night about 22:45 h)

I had a look at the aquariums, and bar the Canadian Lobster and other crown items which I think will be expensive anywhere (3200 bht PER KG -> a full lobster was about 1.300 kg according to the Maitre, so about 4000 BHT) some things weren't bad at all.

We ordered:

Grilled Tiger Prawns (the biggest type) about 6 / 7 of them, 500 g at 900 BHT

Scallops Thermidor (about 10 small units) 300 BHT

Seafood Cocktail - 180 BHT 

Steamed  Shrimp salad with fruit / vegetables ordered by the lady -  can't remember

Fried Shrimp Cakes (about 5 units)  -  can't remember

+ 3 drinks  (Singapore Sling, Coconut shake, Sprite), Total: 2250 BHT

Thanks for the detailed overview. Sounds reasonable if food of good quality. Ill give it some consideration.

• 2 weeks later...

Best seafood in Pattaya: baht bus to Naklua market in the morning, pick up really fresh fish, baht bus back to your condo and cook yourself for lunch.  Simple.

Is the naklua fish market open every day? 

What are the trading hours and what days is it open? 

On 12/08/2017 at 0:14 PM, Anto@@@ said:

in walking street the price of lobster is too high

In Walking Street the price of many things is too high!  That said, I don't think lobster is particularly cheap compared with other types of seafood. I remember being told that this because lobster is not native to Thailand. Someone will no doubt correct me if I am wrong about this.

Some shots in Naklua Fish/Seafood Market earlier this month.

The lobsters in the first picture were absolutely huge. I remember when we were in the WS restaurant, for much smaller units and they wanted 4000 bhts!  They also had smaller ones for about 800/900 each. The crabs and the prawns were alive and kicking.

As a side, to wash down the stuff, if you are a fan of those fruit smoothies/juices you often see in many corners, for 25 bhts a piece they give you as shown, the picture does not really do it justice, there must have been almost a litre in each cup!6482843270195(1).thumb.jpg.d05d2bf8102735b69e8e959e3757d4c0.jpg6482844225947(1).thumb.jpg.90fda65eee01c684b7170622cf227aea.jpg6482844587013(1).thumb.jpg.a7ef6496c6d7dfa1da9a6205d0fd9584.jpg6482845119399(1).thumb.jpg.34485d1473119e31bd4c08117b84f94d.jpg6482845525475(1).thumb.jpg.feb19eea577a5cebe1f6a22753d43410.jpg6482845970603(1).thumb.jpg.6890f2ca2a7615c7acc78004bca5e68d.jpg6482846469298(1).thumb.jpg.321987da4e6fe3ea305e20c1f806656a.jpg6482847234240(1).thumb.jpg.024e65447efa4aa5368b9cfe3de6be30.jpg

For less than 600 bhts total (including cooking) I and the lady had heaps of stuff in front of us. We couldn't finish it all so we ate twice for that. 

• 2 weeks later...

I walked around Naklua market and the fresh fish and shellfish looked really good, but was not sure about how to get someone to cook it up for me - how does this work ?

24 minutes ago, cumulus said:

I walked around Naklua market and the fresh fish and shellfish looked really good, but was not sure about how to get someone to cook it up for me - how does this work ?

You need one of those things called a girlfriend. You can buy them all over the place in Pattaya. ☺️

This is slightly off topic but relevant. By far the best value and quality seafood I've had in the general area is in Laem Chabang. I took some Thais there and they were raving about how much better and cheaper it was than Preecha in Baan Amphur--like half the price and better quality.
Any restaurants in particular you can recommend in Laem Chabang?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

On 8/27/2017 at 19:59, cumulus said:

they cook it for you in the market. There are some stall in the entrance that can cook either steam or barbecue . 30 thb for 1 kilo of Prawn. Very easy

• 8 months later...

Rim Talay seafood restaurant.

I too went to King and enjoyed it.  Prawns were delicious with the garlic butter sauce.  They asked if I wanted a spicy sauce on the side and I said yes.  Also very good!  Ordered a vegetable dish too.

All in 1/2 kilo prawns (~950B), Vegetable dish, large Singha and one bucket of ice was 1370B.  Service was outstanding. 

2 hours ago, blix99 said:

Glass House, Na Jomtien.

OK  but the setting / ambience overshadows the food standard

IMHO

On 4/27/2017 at 12:23, great mooglie said:

I made good work out of this lobster last month at King Sea Food and I wondered on arriving back home how I had put on 10 lbs when I was on vacation.

IMG_20170315_184000130.jpg

Was it live or frozen?

Archived