IGNORED

1 year educational muay thai visa

mickeboy43

I was wandering if anyone had an up to date information of what the 1 year Muay Thai visa entails?

Also has anyone done a 3 month or 1 year Muay Thai visa? Can you share any advice or experiences you had?

Also how do i find out what Gyms are eligible to do this visa? Im looking at bangkok and Phuket really as pattaya has too many distractions.

Thanks in advance

I don't have any information for what you asked but you might also like to add Chiang Mai as an option. It tends to be a bit cooler than your current options. I have done some training in Pattaya and the heat and humidity makes it difficult.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

This is the only gym I've been to that does a one year student visa. I haven't done it, but it seemed straight forward for the ones doing it. I sort of remember that it was surprisingly expensive.

http://www.chacritmuaythaischool.com/student-visa.html

If you're gonna stay for 3 months you can just get a tourist visa.

Chiang mai doesnt have any Gyms that offer the 1 year visa as far as i am aware from trying to google it.

Master toddys in bangkok also offers the 1 year visa and i dare say thats where i will be heading towards the end of the year. After i sent an email the reply stated that 3 group classes or 2 private classes a week is suffice to honour the terms and conditions of the visa.

For 1 class a day for 12 months it is 68000thb and for 2 classes a day 90000thb. (That is inclusive of paperwork and visa setup). Every 90 days immigration requires 1900thb for renewal. I plan doing 1 class at master toddys a day and doing a class of bjj/wrestling at fight lab in bangkok each day also which offers a hardcore grappling deal for 4000thb a month.

I figure if i rent a condo a few stations towards the heart of bangkok from bearing bts station (close to master toddys gym) i can get a fully furnished condo with security and pool for around 8000 - 10000thb a month.

If i can manage to be disciplined enough to keep the nightlife / bar scene to a minimum while doing this then a year abroad could be quite cheap. With expenses for accommodation, immigration, training at both master toddys and fight lab for 1 year coming under $10000aud. Food, living and entertainment are the only other factors i need to try work out to get a better figure of what im realistically looking at for a 1 year training experience in thailand.

Today I talked to a guy who had an ed visa from WKO in Pattaya. He paid 30 000 thb for it, including unlimited training for the year and access to the normal fitness gym.

WKO is extremely cheap, but they only do one session a day. Plus Sakmongkol isn't there at the moment.

• 1 month later...
On 2/5/2017 at 0:27 AM, mickeboy43 said:

Chiang mai doesnt have any gyms that offer the 1 year visa as far as i am aware from trying to google it.

Master toddys in bangkok also offers the 1 year visa and i dare say thats where i will be heading towards the end of the year. After i sent an email the reply stated that 3 group classes or 2 private classes a week is suffice to honour the terms and conditions of the visa.

For 1 class a day for 12 months it is 68000thb and for 2 classes a day 90000thb. (That is inclusive of paperwork and visa setup). Every 90 days immigration requires 1900thb for renewal. I plan doing 1 class at master toddys a day and doing a class of bjj/wrestling at fight lab in bangkok each day also which offers a hardcore grappling deal for 4000thb a month.

I figure if i rent a condo a few stations towards the heart of bangkok from bearing bts station (close to master toddys gym) i can get a fully furnished condo with security and pool for around 8000 - 10000thb a month.

If i can manage to be disciplined enough to keep the nightlife / bar scene to a minimum while doing this then a year abroad could be quite cheap. With expenses for accommodation, immigration, training at both master toddys and fight lab for 1 year coming under $10000aud. Food, living and entertainment are the only other factors i need to try work out to get a better figure of what im realistically looking at for a 1 year training experience in thailand.

I trained for a number of years with Master Toddy in Manchester. I also trained with his young brother Master A - who has a gym in Manchester still. I can thoroughly recommend his gym.

Toddy's gym in Bangkok is very impressive - top class coaches and outstanding training facilities. He also has on-site accommodation available. 

• 1 year later...
On 04/02/2017 at 07:27, mickeboy43 said:

Chiang mai doesnt have any gyms that offer the 1 year visa as far as i am aware from trying to google it.

Hey man!

Did you ever sign up? Any updates?

Thank you 

• 2 months later...
On 04/02/2017 at 08:27, mickeboy43 said:

If i can manage

Did you ever get er done? 

Archived