IGNORED

Gian's

ChiFlyer

I see through a search that there is not a dedicated Gian's thread. It is mentioned in a few threads, but hey I'll start one. IMO a decent Italian place next door to Bruno's. Yes Pattaya-Jomtien has a lot of Italian places, as well it should. I do not think that Gian's stands above the rest or probably near the top, but I like the place and it is affordable, though certainly not cheap eats. Here is the FB link. Looks like they do not have their own web site,

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gians/437863342946979

Ate there tonight. Here is a pic of the homemade gnocchi in pesto with semi-dried tomatoes. Pretty good.

IMG_0163.JPG

Looks like dog food but i bet it tasted better ...  :WinkGrin1:

Sod it, give me som tam, pork n rice, and spicy prawns and I'm happy

Call me common but that always hits the spot plus I'm in thailand so would be rude not to

Looks like dog food but i bet it tasted better ...  :WinkGrin1:

Actually it was quite good. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I will pimp this place one more time.

Scaloppine la Marsala - sorry couldn't help myself took a few bites before the pic.

Gians Scaloppine Marsala.JPG

• 7 months later...

Well it is 7 months later and I returned to Gian's twice this trip. My favorite Italian restaurant in the Jomtien-Pattaya area at this time. I have tried several, since the initial post in this thread and I like Gian's the best. There are several left on my list (Casa Pascal and La Notte) that I still have not been to, but when I want top of the line comfort Italian, I go to Gian's. This is not Sicilian/American fare. It is more Northern IMO.

Anyway went with Ravioli Porcini in a Black truffle sauce. Not cheap at nearly 1000 baht, but truly outstanding. Complementary Lemon Sorbet for dessert. Some nights they give you a complementary Limoncello.

59c6a5d49d7cb_GiansRavioliPorcini.thumb.JPG.3d060321566440c7363abdbd7de7e166.JPG

Gians - Lemon Sorbet.JPG

Looks very good. Not tried here yet. Assumed it was very expensive as they don't even put a menu outside. 

Will have to try at some point.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

3 minutes ago, davidge said:

Looks very good. Not tried here yet. Assumed it was very expensive as they don't even put a menu outside. 

I spent close to 1500 baht for one, as the GF was working late, but I went very high end. Actually she does not like Italian food, so I go here when on my own. There are many very good entrees under 500 baht. One of the things I really like about the place is the ambiance and service. They always make me feel that I am back home again.

38 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

I spent close to 1500 baht for one, as the GF was working late, but I went very high end. Actually she does not like Italian food, so I go here when on my own. There are many very good entrees under 500 baht. One of the things I really like about the place is the ambiance and service. They always make me feel that I am back home again.

About what I've paid in La Bocca, I think. 

I'll have to give Gian's a try.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

14 hours ago, davidge said:

That is such a classic fail by so many restaurants in Pattaya, so few places display menu outside, what's the benefit? Surely people passing by would be tempted to have a quick look and, maybe, if some dishes took their fancy, pop in at some point.

Archived