IGNORED

Centara Azure - Special Offer

LOTTELLEE WINNA

Just thought I would let BMs know about an offer currently running. Looks like a good deal running at this new 4 star hotel - so good that I have booked it.  The pics look great and the Centara group rarely disappoint. I stayed in the neighboring sister hotel Centra Avenue when it first opened (at a bargain rate - now they want 3,000THB+), nice hotel though.

The Centara Azure has a special 'soft opening offer of 1,800THB++ (note weekends prices rise by 300THB). This hotel has good reviews - looks ultra modern and luxurious. I understand that not all the facilities are open eg the gym, nonetheless looks great value and being next to LK/Diana, it's a location that can't be beaten. Note, the cheapest option is to book via the hotel's own website below (click on 'promotions').

I will do a quick review after staying there. 

Centara hotels & Resorts | Book an Exciting Escape Now

Centara_Azure_Hotel_Pattaya-700x450.jpg

4976f5be_3ca5_4fd8_b15a_a36771b2080d.jpg

Loving that Shower in that Room.

Looks great Lottellee . Great for a few days away from the normal . 

Thanks for the tip . 

Its Soi 15 off Buakhao, another thread wasn't giving it good reviews for the buffet breakfast or buffet dinner or stay. Nice location though, very central

Yes bad reviews of the food buffets and bm "Thinkingallowed" posted a bad review of the hotel.

I would think it unusual that Centara would allow reported problems to exist very long, so hopefully all the bad things in the reviews are being rectified.

Thanks for posting Lottellee.

Nice pics - looks classy. Where exactly is the entrance...is it off Soi Diana?

Soi 15 round the back of the avenue.

Soi 15 runs from buakaow by nature view hotel bends left at the back of the avenue shopping centre and ends up on second rd about opposite soi 13/3

there is a cut through to diana too.

Its Soi 15 off Buakhao, another thread wasn't giving it good reviews for the buffet breakfast or buffet dinner or stay. Nice location though, very central

Booked room only, so no probs on the food score.

On Soi 15 back of Avenue.Nearly opposite Premier Inn and Korandos Bar. You can cut through the fence to use the gym in the Centara hotel and Soi Diana.

Nice Big pool. WIFI works ok. Great location to get to second road, soi Buakhao and LK Metro, WS 10 minute walk.

Never eat buffets food could be there for hours, have good deals on pizza and pasta.

Have three blocks of condos behind the hotel, 80% empty at the moment 

On soi 15 back of Avenue.Nearly opposite Premier Inn and Korandos Bar. You can cut through the fence to use the gym in the Centara Hotel and Soi Diana.

Nice Big pool. WIFI works ok. Great location to get to second road, soi Buakhao and LK metro, WS 10 minute walk.

Never eat buffets food could be there for hours, have good deals on pizza and pasta.

Have three blocks of condos behind the hotel, 80% empty at the moment 

I thought I was going to cut through from Soi Diana to Korando's and headed up the alley to Centara.

At the end, I seemed to have arrived at the hotel's front entrance and could only go left, which led me back up to Soi Buakhao.

I'm easily confused maybe I should have had Google Maps on.

the cut from soi 15 comes out on soi diana almost opposite cafe kronborg

Maybe I'd better try it from the other direction then.

Maybe I'd better try it from the other direction then.

a photo guys work is never done..............

jan 31 034 (Custom).JPG

the food fare has had only average reviews

jan 31 032 (Custom).JPG

jan 31 030 (Custom).JPG

taken from the same spot in Soi 15, the hotel and the way to soi diana.....

jan 31 031 (Custom).JPG

the diana end comes out at kronborg..........

jan 31 037 (Custom).JPG

and looking back into the route to 15.............

jan 31 038 (Custom).JPG

Do I just follow the 2 guys with cases?

Thanks.

Do I just follow the 2 guys with cases?

Thanks.

if u wanna go to mumbai, yes

When that road is under 2ft of water, an alternative is to walk through Areca, if you got the balls you can dive from front entrance to back, but it is an easy walk, mostly under cover, just follow the roadway within Areca. Farangs rarely get stopped at the security, you are a guest if you do.

Yes bad reviews of the food buffets and bm "Thinkingallowed" posted a bad review of the hotel.

I would think it unusual that Centara would allow reported problems to exist very long, so hopefully all the bad things in the reviews are being rectified.

Thanks for posting Lottellee.

Did I post a review on this board? Can't remember.

Here's my experience anyway.

Arrived at 15:30 on the 12th of January and as they were a bit busy at reception Mrs Thinkingallowed and I wandered in to the, empty, restaurant to look at the very impressive fish tank. What wasn't impressive was the buckets catching drips from some leaks in the ceiling.

Eventually checked in which took a little bit longer than usual during which three people came to make complaints about their rooms. Never mind we got an upgrade and was told breakfast was included, we'd booked room only after hearing reports on the food. Plus given a card for a complimentary cocktail to be taken anytime during our stay.

The hotel looks really cool and as it was the last three days of my month long trip I so wanted to enjoy it.

The bedroom was, at first glance, nice with a very comfortable bed and first class linen on it.

Balcony overlooking the pool had a couple of nice chairs and a small table but no ashtray. Previous people in the room had been tossing their cigarette butts over the glass screen onto the ledge on the other side and no attempt was made to clean this mess while we were there. Nice view of the pool though but unfortunately we could see that the slides at the hotel end of the pool were not in operation as they hadn't been finished.

The room looked really cool but by the end of the stay it and the hotel started to annoy me. The shower wasn't like the one above and to be honest it was a terrible design as you had to push the door in get into the corner and squeeze the door past you. This would have been quite difficult for a larger lad than me. The alternative was pull the door open and let water drip from the door onto the bedroom floor as Mrs Thinkingallowed found out when she showered after me. The free toiletries were pretty good but quite small and not replaced during our stay.

I thought it was good that the toilet was separate from the shower but some of the finishing in there was terrible and it had begun to smell by the third day.

The aircon leaked but by God it worked well.

When the room had been decorated the guy doing the ceiling must have got emulsion everywhere and didn't do a good job of cleaning it up. There were light smears of it on the walls and wardrobe doors.

On the second day we left about 11am remembering to put the light on outside the room to say we want the room made up and returned three and a half hours later. Never mind the maid was doing next door and we still had our free cocktails to have. So down to the poolside. To be honest there was nothing to like or dislike about the Azure cocktail we were given, it was just a bit meh. What we didn't like was the increasingly awful smell coming from some blocked toilet. Can't imagine the pool would get much sun and when they fill all those condos I imagine it could get busy there.

The next morning Mrs Thinkingallowed was off out early to eat som tam with some friends so I thought I'd try the free breakfast I was told about at check in. As there had been bad reviews I thought I'm going to make sure it is free as asked and was told no I had to pay. This would have really annoyed me had I been billed for something I was told was complimentary earlier.

There was just lots of little things that just did my head in by the time they all added up. Minibar content not the same as the minibar price list. No menu for room service, well there was but it was on channel 1 on the TV and I found that most annoying.

Basically the hotel wasn't finished and where it was they had rushed to get it open, it appeared.

The buckets catching drips in the restaurant were still there when we left after three nights.

I'd have to get some glowing reports back from people I trust before I'd stay again.

Thanks for the info mate. I have enjoyed my previous Centara experiences - both on 'soft-opening' special deals at Pattaya Centara (opp soi6) and Centra Avenue (off soi Diana). On both occasions, I lowered my expectations, knowing that the hotel would not be 100% functioning and that some teething problems might be expected. However, both visits were really good and the hotels gave a great customer experience. So, we will have to see how it works out during my stay - I will do the usual 'Lottelle hotel review'.

One final point to bear in mind is that the Azure is (I understand) 'on par' with the neighboring sister hotel Centra Avenue - it is currently well over 3,000THB pn, while the soft-opening offer at the Azure is 1,800++....in life, we usually get what we pay for.

Did I post a review on this board? Can't remember.

Here's my experience anyway.

Arrived at 15:30 on the 12th of January and as they were a bit busy at reception Mrs Thinkingallowed and I wandered in to the, empty, restaurant to look at the very impressive fish tank. What wasn't impressive was the buckets catching drips from some leaks in the ceiling.

Eventually checked in which took a little bit longer than usual during which three people came to make complaints about their rooms. Never mind we got an upgrade and was told breakfast was included, we'd booked room only after hearing reports on the food. Plus given a card for a complimentary cocktail to be taken anytime during our stay.

The hotel looks really cool and as it was the last three days of my month long trip I so wanted to enjoy it.

The bedroom was, at first glance, nice with a very comfortable bed and first class linen on it.

Balcony overlooking the pool had a couple of nice chairs and a small table but no ashtray. Previous people in the room had been tossing their cigarette butts over the glass screen onto the ledge on the other side and no attempt was made to clean this mess while we were there. Nice view of the pool though but unfortunately we could see that the slides at the hotel end of the pool were not in operation as they hadn't been finished.

The room looked really cool but by the end of the stay it and the hotel started to annoy me. The shower wasn't like the one above and to be honest it was a terrible design as you had to push the door in get into the corner and squeeze the door past you. This would have been quite difficult for a larger lad than me. The alternative was pull the door open and let water drip from the door onto the bedroom floor as Mrs Thinkingallowed found out when she showered after me. The free toiletries were pretty good but quite small and not replaced during our stay.

I thought it was good that the toilet was separate from the shower but some of the finishing in there was terrible and it had begun to smell by the third day.

The aircon leaked but by God it worked well.

When the room had been decorated the guy doing the ceiling must have got emulsion everywhere and didn't do a good job of cleaning it up. There were light smears of it on the walls and wardrobe doors.

On the second day we left about 11am remembering to put the light on outside the room to say we want the room made up and returned three and a half hours later. Never mind the maid was doing next door and we still had our free cocktails to have. So down to the poolside. To be honest there was nothing to like or dislike about the Azure cocktail we were given, it was just a bit meh. What we didn't like was the increasingly awful smell coming from some blocked toilet. Can't imagine the pool would get much sun and when they fill all those condos I imagine it could get busy there.

The next morning Mrs Thinkingallowed was off out early to eat som tam with some friends so I thought I'd try the free breakfast I was told about at check in. As there had been bad reviews I thought I'm going to make sure it is free as asked and was told no I had to pay. This would have really annoyed me had I been billed for something I was told was complimentary earlier.

There was just lots of little things that just did my head in by the time they all added up. Minibar content not the same as the minibar price list. No menu for room service, well there was but it was on channel 1 on the TV and I found that most annoying.

Basically the hotel wasn't finished and where it was they had rushed to get it open, it appeared.

The buckets catching drips in the restaurant were still there when we left after three nights.

I'd have to get some glowing reports back from people I trust before I'd stay again.

I guess it depends how much you paid?

I thought I was going to cut through from Soi Diana to Korando's and headed up the alley to Centara.

At the end, I seemed to have arrived at the hotel's front entrance and could only go left, which led me back up to Soi Buakhao.

I'm easily confused maybe I should have had Google Maps on.

Nearly got there instead of turning left onto soi Buakhao you walk straight on passed thr Centara hotel down a narrow passageway for 15 meters then climb through an iron fence into the swimming pool area of Centara Azure/ Walk down past the pool and out through the lobby and your at Soi 15 nearly  opposite korando's. EASY.

Good for people staying there wanting to go to the gym in the Centara, otherwise better walking round down the cut through lane by 7/11 on Soi 15 which comes out at Kronburg bar on soi Diana.

Walked straight into a glass door today after the girl had glass polished it. Best to walk around with eyes open 

Am I the only one who thinks having the shower in the bedroom is a really bad idea?

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Thanks thinkingallowed for your review. I probably shouldn't have quoted you as giving the hotel a bad review, more of bad "comment" about the hotel on one of these threads, apologies if it was another bm and not you.

Edit:- It was the comment in the Centara Azure Buffet thread that I had fixed in my head, you posted it whilst staying there.

Am I the only one who thinks having the shower in the bedroom is a really bad idea?

Nope!

Thanks thinkingallowed for your review. I probably shouldn't have quoted you as giving the hotel a bad review, more of bad "comment" about the hotel on one of these threads, apologies if it was another bm and not you.

Edit:- It was the comment in the Centara Azure Buffet thread that I had fixed in my head, you posted it whilst staying there.

Heh, you are quite correct. Forgot I'd posted that.

Archived