IGNORED

An update please gentlemen, Chiang Mia and Chiang Rai

Joe1956

have 3 nights in Chang Mia and 2 nights in Chiang Rai and then back to Chiang Mia before returning to BKK

Suggestions please.

Going with a mate and we are happy little mongerers!!!!

Do we import the goods? Shop on line? or just trust in local knowledge????

Plenty to choose from Loy Kroh. If you want something wild or fringe, you wont find it there. Hard to even get a 3-way. But if you're just looking for company for a night, Loy Kroh has enough. Not a big scene at all, but between the moat end of LK and the boxing bar complex, you'll probably find something to your liking.

Proverbs 21:19 Better to live in a desert than with a quarrelsome and ill-tempered wife.

• 2 weeks later...

What is a good way to travel between Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai? I don't see any flights between the two. Just from Bangkok to either one.

• 2 weeks later...

From Mia to Ria VIP bus about 260 baht

Anyone know the Chiang Ria scene???

• 3 weeks later...

Chiang Rai has a small beer bar scene with ladies centered on and just off Jetyod Road, particularly near the clock-tower end.

• 1 month later...

These are P4P locations in Chiang Mai:

Soapy

Sayuri- Charoenmuang Soi 2, east of River Ping

Celebrity- Charoen Prathet Road, east of Night Bazaar

Ping Payom- Soi Sanambin, off Suthep Road

Agogo

Spotlight- Kotchasarn Rd, near Tha Pae Gate, turn right from Loi Kroh Road into Kotchasarn Rd towards the direction of Tha Pae Gate.

Foxy Lady-  Thapae Rd Soi 1, near Night Bazaar, turn left upon the junction of Le Méridien hotel when waking down Loi Kroh Road toward the Ping River direction.

Star Xix- upstair agogo, at a lane besides Loi Kroh Road Muay Thai stadium beer bar garden

Beer bar

bee bar area along Loi Kroh Road, Muay Thai stadium beer bar garden

Nimmana Haeminda Road- bars there likely no hostess

Club

Zoe in Yellow-  Rajvithi Road, inside the ancient city, backpacker district

Warm Up Cafe (Club)- Nimmana Haeminda Road, near Suthep Road

On 14/02/2017 at 2:17 AM, pokey69 said:

What is a good way to travel between Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai? I don't see any flights between the two. Just from Bangkok to either one.

I think the only way is by road, a steep and windy one in many places. Think there's a VIP bus that leaves from Chiang Mai. Trip takes several hours.

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the tips as well.  I will be visiting in January and I am starting to pull together some intel.

Stayed in Chiang Rai a few years ago. My hotel was called Wiang Inn.

Facing the hotel from the road, on the right-hand side was Orchid soapy massage parlour. You may like to check it is still there and call in to check the girls and prices.

Buses to/from Chiang Mai. Yes, there are regular services. Suggest check Google. 

We stayed at the B2 hotels & they were very clean & comfy. There are two B2 hotels in Chiang Rai, make sure you get the one in town about 5 minutes walk from the clock tower

https://www.b2hotel.com/main/hotel/B2_chiangrai

Really great western food run by a friendly guy

https://www.hungrywolfschiangrai.com

www.sugarcanemafia.com

• 1 month later...

I'm planning an early March trip to Chiang Rai.  I want to visit an American friend residing there; and have a different adventure than Pattaya.

Anyone in Chiang Rai?  Has anyone been in Chiang Rai recently?

Would appreciate information regarding the current availability and quality of ladies?

And the market prices, please.

Are Beer Gardens best?

Does Thai Friendly work to find freelancers?

The real question is, would I be better off bringing sand from Pattaya or Bangkok to Chiang Rai?  or better to enjoy variety and adventure from local talent?

Just now, NYCCharles said:

... would I be better off bringing sand from Pattaya or Bangkok to Chiang Rai?  or better to enjoy variety and adventure from local talent?

There is talent in Chiang Rai. See the posts above about the street of bars running south from the big clock tower: name is Thanon (street) Jet Yot.

Nearby Wiang Inn had soapy Orchid massage Parlour when I stayed there, post above.

VIP bus to/from Chiang Mai takes three hours. (I rode a bicycle from Chiang Mai, three days with good hotels on the way).

• 2 weeks later...
On 10 December 2018 at 12:45, NYCCharles said:

I'm planning an early March trip to Chiang Rai.  I want to visit an American friend residing there; and have a different adventure than Pattaya.

Anyone in Chiang Rai?  Has anyone been in Chiang Rai recently?

Would appreciate information regarding the current availability and quality of ladies?

And the market prices, please.

Are Beer Gardens best?

Does Thai Friendly work to find freelancers?

The real question is, would I be better off bringing sand from Pattaya or Bangkok to Chiang Rai?  or better to enjoy variety and adventure from local talent?

one would think you could ask your friend seeing you know him and he lives there

I will of course ask my friend, but he retired from mongering and settled down, "in the country" outside Chiang Rai.

Likely I'll try my luck with local talent for the adventure.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/10/2018 at 12:55, froddo said:

We stayed at the B2 hotels & they were very clean & comfy. There are two B2 hotels in Chiang Rai, make sure you get the one in town about 5 minutes walk from the clock tower

https://www.b2hotel.com/main/hotel/B2_chiangrai

Really great western food run by a friendly guy

https://www.hungrywolfschiangrai.com

@froddo where these B2 hotels girl friendly?

Will be in Chiang Rai myself in early February for 5 days. I will post a report on what I find. May give you some ideas.

• 3 months later...
On 03/01/2019 at 04:21, birdhaus said:

@froddo where these B2 hotels girl friendly?

I have stayed in the one downtown several times, I highly recommend the place.  Yes girl friendly.

I had 5 days in Chiang Rai in February. Stayed at a place called Baan Jaru. The hotel was very clean, a decent breakfast and friendly staff. It is within walking distance of the night market and bus station and is situated on Jed Lor Road witch is the street with the bars. Nightlife is non existant except for the beer bars. Most have only 3 or 4, found one with about 10, the girls will go with customers but using pattaya standards rating about 4 or 5. No gogos. I would advise anyone who likes night company to take one from pattaya. If you are into culture there are a number of very good temples, Blue Temple, White temple well worth seeing plus a number of good museums. There are night markets reasonably cheap and good cheap food. I enjoyed enormously but did not go there for the nightlife. Saw a number of massage parlours never tried them, but the girls sitting outside were not that young. Flew up on Bangkok Airways excellent flights.

Archived