IGNORED

Drones

Tx_Bounty

Anyone flying them? Experiences or how they are seen. I'll be there in June and wanting to bring mine.

Owner of Mikes Mexican restaurant off thappraya flies his every morning he says.

The DJI Phantom 3 standard seems to be the goto for the money if you are just getting into it. Love mine. Takes a bit of practice but well worth it. I'd suggest getting an extra battery also.

I'm taking it to the Philippines with me next week

If you're going to Angeles, be careful where you fly it as most of the hotels, etc are right alongside the old base which has 2 active air strips (air port and GA) including plenty of US military aircraft, especially Ospreys. Also Cathay do training circuits in a 777 all day. Omni Aviation have a training school with a Cessna 172 and PAL do flight training in another 172. They do circuits all day as well.

Yeah I'm going to Angeles but it will be safely packed away until I get to Palawan .galera etc

I see the light aircraft flying all day from the pool at Queens hotel

Thanks for the tips from tx and kahoy

Interested to know if it has any troubles getting synced with GPS there.

It is a worry of mine but I have seen them been flown a few times in galera at white beach

I will let you know how it went and maybe stick a few pictures up

Anyone flying them? Experiences or how they are seen. I'll be there in June and wanting to bring mine.

Go's to Pattaya, to fly drones!

I am guessing you also own a selfie stick.

Go's to Pattaya, to fly drones!

So what would be wrong with that?

I believe you can buy a selfie drone!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So what would be wrong with that?

If you have to ask...........

If you have to ask...........

https://youtu.be/MAx9kjuKJyE

If that's your hobby, must be fun!

Edit: Did you notice the selfie moment at the start of the vid?

https://youtu.be/MAx9kjuKJyE

If that's your hobby, must be fun!

Edit: Did you notice the selfie moment at the start of the vid?

https://youtu.be/7Kfqbp9kn80

I`ve heard people say as we get older we regress back to childhood,might be some truth in that! :laugh:

I have never really taken an interest in them but i recently saw a video on retire cheap asia youtube channel where the author uses a drone to get aerial shots of his vlog to give the story a different perspective. It worked really well and looked as if he was enjoying the process of learning how to use it. I am not a voyeur and have no interest in spying into peoples windows but for a vlogger they would be a great tool. 

Here is the link.  

• 3 weeks later...

Just a note to anyone who wants to take a drone onboard an airplane. The Lithium battery is prohibited as hold and cabin luggage. 

I enquired with a couple of airlines and they said no.

Same that you cannot take an electric bike with battery or them skate board things.

Storm, well done, Sir.

Do the sidewalk vendors sell slingshots and what would be good ammo?  Beans? Nuts? something biodegradable so we are being environmentally friendly while drowning the drones. 

Just a note to anyone who wants to take a drone onboard an airplane. The Lithium battery is prohibited as hold and cabin luggage.

Same that you cannot take an electric bike with battery or them skate board things.

Well this sucks to hear. Guess I'll do some research also. Now I'm wondering how documentary programs get their multitude of batteries all over the world to use in their equipment.

I recently travelled with several Li batteries for LED lighting units in my hold and cabin bags.

It's probably a regulation that's enforced only when you bring it to an airlines attention or you are transporting wholesale quantities.

No intervention and my bags arrived unmolested.

Build a man a fire,and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire,and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

I recently travelled with several Li batteries for LED lighting units in my hold and cabin bags.

It's probably a regulation that's enforced only when you bring it to an airlines attention or you are transporting wholesale quantities.

No intervention and my bags arrived unmolested.

Depend on batteries output it may be allow in carry-on but, as airport security in general is p*ss poor trained, batteries may or may not be allowed onboard....... depend on which way the wind is blowing that day

http://www.iata.org/whatwedo/cargo/dgr/Pages/lithium-batteries.aspx

• 2 months later...

I was recently considering one but was reliably informed that flying a drone fitted with a camera has been illegal in Thailand since February 2015.

The above pertains to personal use. Commercial licenses are available from the Aviation Ministry. Cost unknown (to me).

penalties - up to one year in prison or a fine not exceeding 40,000 Baht.

As we all know law enforcement is slack here so chances are you could be ok but do be aware it is illegal and make your choice. 

If anyone has info on the costs of the mentioned commercial licenses i would be interested to know.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Been searching for corroborating information and have found nothing as of yet. Latest I can find is 2016 and has to do with drone weights for licensing, flying in restricted areas and being a general nuisance to people. Of course their laws can bend for or against you depending on you current baht situation

• 2 months later...

I have a DJI Phantom 3 Standard and brought it to LOS with me. Everywhere I wanted to use it would not allow it. There are signs in some places that say no Drones.

There are strict rulings with where and when Drones can be flown and they stand in Thailand also. One of these rules are that you do not fly it within 30m of people or buildings,

I honestly got my drone out once on a 3 week holiday as I was to scared to get pulled up by the police

Come see me at Sweet Bar Soi 6 Facebook 

Sweetbarsoi6.png

Archived