Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Upscale Mongering Hotel in Pattaya - Best Choices

Jeffone

In the Philippines I stay at the Marriott in Pasay, Shangri La in Makati and ABC in Angeles.  I have spent months in the Philippines and need a change of scenery.  I am sure all of you know the negatives of too many days spent in places like Angeles.  With that in mind, what hotels should I consider for my first trip to Pattaya?  I like very nice/ high end hotels that are convenient to the key mongering areas and of course girl friendly.   Appreciate your thoughts

-Jeffone

Hilton is GF and very nice.  Great location, as it is connected to Central Festival Mall.  There were some posts on PA about joinder fees after it opened.  Having stayed there multiple times, I can confirm that I have NEVER been charged a joinder fee there.  Given your parameters, I would suggest it.

The AVANI used to be the Pattaya Marriott.  No more Marriott points/awards there, but it is in a GREAT location, and I assume the quality level has not dropped since the changeover.  Since I'm a hotel points/airline miles whore, I haven't stayed there since it ceased to be a Marriott.

For a real change of pace, I like the InterContinental (formerly the Sheraton).  It is isolated and a bit of a pain in the ass to get to/from (250-350 baht taxi ride, as it is not on any baht bus route).  It has a true "resort feel" to it, although it'll cost you (I am unaware of anything within walking distance to it except another resort)

The AVANI used to be the Pattaya Marriott.  No more Marriott points/awards there, but it is in a GREAT location, and I assume the quality level has not dropped since the changeover. 

+1 for the Marriott (now Avani) - stayed there a few times, but not recently, but asume its still good. Lovely pool area, nice rooms, has gym and is attached to the shopping centre.

If you like Walking St then it's quite close and you can come in the back way via the garden to avoid reception and possible joiner fees, although I never got charged as I booked for 2 people (they may have changed their policy under new owners).

My first trip in 2010 I booked a condo through www.dancewatchers.com Tik and Michael helped me. I got a high end condo with 2 balconies, big walk in shower, 5-6 person jacuzzi in the large bathroom. I would be sure to get a large jacuzzi whatever you do. 

Here are some 5 star GF hotels I have stayed in Pattaya:

Marriott/Avani, great location and breakfast.

Baraquda, great location (almost right across the street of Avani), I like their big round Jacuzzi in their suites.

Hilton, great view of Pattaya bay. I like their big bathtub at their balcony.

Here are some 4 star GF hotels I have stayed and recommend in Pattaya. Although it may not be "high end", a few of them are as good as some 5 star hotels in Pattaya:

The Wave hotel, great view. Small boutique hotel with only 20+ room and suites.

Holiday Inn, similar sea view as Hilton.

Siam@Siam, if you like industrial design and modern art. It is for you.

I will stay in Mera Mare in a couple days. I read it is GF here in this forum. Looks very nice from the pictures in TripAdvisor.

Wave hotel is 5 star

Its definatly the best in pattaya and also breakfast is king. You can order what you like even at waking up 1pm lol

In the Philippines I stay at the Marriott in Pasay, Shangri La in Makati and ABC in Angeles.  I have spent months in the Philippines and need a change of scenery.  I am sure all of you know the negatives of too many days spent in places like Angeles.  With that in mind, what hotels should I consider for my first trip to Pattaya?  I like very nice/ high end hotels that are convenient to the key mongering areas and of course girl friendly.   Appreciate your thoughts

-Jeffone

If there was no ABC hotel in AC there is no way I would've done so many repeat trips  .... it's the only hotel in AC that gets my repeat business. I wish there was one in Pattaya....with the helicopter shuttle from BKK ...

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Some great suggestions.  Hilton, Wave and Avani look like my top three.  It looks like they are all in a convenient location and quite beautiful  Thanks!

If there was no ABC Hotel in AC there is no way I would've done so many repeat trips  .... it's the only hotel in AC that gets my repeat business. I wish there was one in Pattaya....with the helicopter shuttle from BKK ...

ABC is special.  Although I have stayed at Queens and Central Park and enjoyed, the ABC and it sister Fields Plaza set the standard for comfort, luxury and could not be more GF.  

Alas, no ABC in Pattaya.  But the girls in Pattaya look amazing.... and too many girls know me in AC.  It has ruined the experience.  Plus AC is really a shithole.  

Wave hotel is 5 star

Its definatly the best in pattaya and also breakfast is king. You can order what you like even at waking up 1pm lol

I could be wrong but The Wave hotel seems only rated 4 star. I agree the breakfast is good. I posted some review in the restaurant section.

I could be wrong but The Wave hotel seems only rated 4 star. I agree the breakfast is good. I posted some review in the restaurant section.

Its 5 stars, stayed there last year.

Best hotel in Pattaya for sure

Its 5 stars, stayed there last year.

Best hotel in Pattaya for sure

I guess it is not about when we stayed. I stayed there in 2015. A short review and photos here:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/279538-wave-hotel-pattaya/?hl=%2Bthe+%2Bwave+%2Bhotel

I guess we are both right. I just google "The Wave hotel Pattaya". TripAdvisor, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com.....etc, all show The Wave hotel is a 4 star hotel.

Ctrip gave it 5 diamond!

why would i want to read your review if i stayed there myself.

Its not even named the wave but wave hotel

Dafaq your talking about booking son???

Even google says 5 star.

End of discussion

But you hang on to tripadviser

https://www.google.nl/amp/s/itravelblog.net/16478/amp/?client=safari

http://pattayasanook.com/best-5-star-hotels-in-pattaya/

IMG_1249.PNG

IMG_1248.PNG

why would i want to read your review if i stayed there myself.

Its not even named the wave but wave hotel

Dafaq your talking about booking son???

Even google says 5 star.

End of discussion

But you hang on to tripadviser

https://www.google.nl/amp/s/itravelblog.net/16478/amp/?client=safari

http://pattayasanook.com/best-5-star-hotels-in-pattaya/

I didn't ask you to read my review. It seems you have doubt I have even stayed there. That is why I attached the link of my review to show that I stayed there earlier than you. The BM who started the thread, call it "the wave" on his first post. So, I just keep calling that. My mistake.

It seems GOOGLE doesn't say it is 5 star but some blogger said. I have more confident to the hotel booking site than some bloggers. 

https://www.agoda.com/pages/agoda/default/DestinationSearchResult.aspx?asq=Oc%2bmJPDm0C5oCbqftslIU%2fFxoSLvs26l5rOsQUDk3LxHvWQfJlw5LgnAA7fndcAohn8KRhDfh2GDHJse6STTqV%2fRm4xoxMhZmjMthn3iYyQ%3d&altdt=1&type=1&device=c&network=g&adid=141931573852&rand=6402507098364819432&expid=&adpos=1t1&site_id=1729217&tag=1ee8f060-47e8-0d1e-4d54-e4dc3d9477be&url=http://www.agoda.com/wave-hotel/hotel/pattaya-th.html&gclid=CMCQ0ZC34dECFQgJvAodEHEDgw&cklg=1

https://www.hotels.com/ho434926/wave-pattaya-thailand/?rffrid=sem.hcom.HK.google.003.00.04.s.kwrd=ZzZz.sfzeq9aGU.0.95678283519.1020w9o38457.d.c&semid=19971059559.251018559.1t3._inurl%3Awww.hotels.com.9061603.21030.dsa-87391128309&gclid=CKruq6634dECFYKZvAodaZwLyA

I already said we are both right. I just found out Accor give it 5 star! 555! Now, end of the discussion.

http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-A5X6-wave-hotel-pattaya/index.shtml

ABC is special.  Although I have stayed at Queens and Central Park and enjoyed, the ABC and it sister Fields Plaza set the standard for comfort, luxury and could not be more GF.  

Alas, no ABC in Pattaya.  But the girls in Pattaya look amazing.... and too many girls know me in AC.  It has ruined the experience.  Plus AC is really a shithole.

Admittedly,I haven't tried the others you mention but am tempted to change the backdrop next time based on your recommendation. ...totally agree with the second part of your post.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Mera Mare hotel on Beach Rd.

Hardrock hotel is quite good as well. The buffet breakfast is very good and it has a really big resort style pool. I have stayed in a few different rooms and the ones in the Kings Club on the high floor are very nice. They even have their own private kings lounge with all day food and for breakfast they do personal meals and service. It's up high and has water views.

Barraquda on 2nd road was nice and no joining fees. They took the girls ID and when she left they called the room to see if all was okay before they returned the ID.

• 2 weeks later...

Baraquada fan as well, stayed already 4 times there, end of this month the 5th time

Archived