IGNORED

WARNING ! Theft from room safe in the hotel Galaxy Suite Pattaya !

Schmiede1705

Ah okay. So it's basically all or nothing for the thief. I fail to see the value, unless someone corrects me.

There are very few (if any) reports of people getting completely robbed. Most have to do with staff skimming off the top and hoping you don't notice.

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Tapatalk

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah okay. So it's basically all or nothing for the thief. I fail to see the value, unless someone corrects me. 

hotel staff dont steal all the contents of your safe....that would be too obvious. They take a few hundred pounds, dollars or euros. Then when you complain they say you have made a mistake sir or miscounted.

I had a safe once that would only open to 1234# no matter the code you put in . Sorry for you .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pacsafes can be helpful if you're willing to put in the effort to secure them to some other valuable infrastructure in the room/on the property.  Like latching around water piping or outside on A/C piping (balconies).  Of course, nothing stops someone from stealing the whole Pacsafe, if in fact, they are determined enough.  But, a resourceful monger has strategies to mitigate theft risk when possible.

Need hotel suggestions?  Free, non-judgmental help available HERE with over 1,100 rooms within 1 mile of the Pattaya nightlife districts covered.  Results tuned to your exact specifications.

Down for Maintenance as of 11/8/2017.

Map Links and Joiner Policy Repository access information here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xjbngew8ss1a6q0/mapLinks.pdf?dl=0

Mate e400 is not a paltry amount, I'd be checking with your insurance company to see if you can claim and what you need to do, but if too much work and effort I'd suggest to ....

https://youtu.be/SnhkgaCycg4

Priority in Pattaya should be Vagina and getting too deep into this is going to kill your buzz, ripping us off is a Thai national pastime so while it could have been better it also could have been worse.

Hard truth is that I doubt you'll get your dough back, little chance with the hotel and less with the Cicada dressing Poe Poe, they will bury you in process, procedure and paperwork as they know you are on holiday and that you'll go away. Any why wouldn't you having travelled to Pattaya, your time should be precious.

Get medieval with them online when you get home so you can do it properly and concentrate on enjoying the now, I'd get all the fuckers names including the manager and owner and make sure you post them in the reviews. As you wipe your feet when leaving the hotel also tell them what you are going to do.

On a side note I like those alarms, never had a problem with thieves (or never noticed) but they'd sure be handy for making home movies.

Maybe just use yr suitcase pocket with a small good quality combination lock,probably safer than a hotel safe,most front desk staff have access to key for unlocking safes to change or reset safe combination.

I purchased a room safe lock on the internet. I had $800 stolen from me at the SeaMe Too Spring hotel. Like a fool I left it in a folded area in my suitcase. This may be a deterrent....

MILOCKIE ROOM SAFE LOCK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I have to hold large cash I normally try to hide it somewhere other than the room safe. Maybe leave some that you're prepared to lose in the safe.

False ceiling? Above one of the ceiling tiles. Bedside cabinet? Small bag taped to underside of one of the draws. Removable panel in the bathroom for water pipe access? Taped in a bag somewhere behind pipes.

Done this for years not just in Thailand and never had anyone find my stash. Not much good for hiding cameras, tablets and like but at least the cash is unlikely to be found.

I just leave some money in the safe,some in a folded jeans hidden pocket mixed in suit case, some somewhere else in hidden clothes pocket. I always figure if someone is going to steal my cash they won't hit every spot being in a rush.

I also make sure to be friendly with the cleaner and tip them well when they clean my room. They don't make shit and appreciate a guest who tips them which in turn makes them more prone to want to not steal my shit.

I haven't had any thefts yet with my strategys. Knock on wood.

Pacsafes can be helpful if you're willing to put in the effort to secure them to some other valuable infrastructure in the room/on the property.  Like latching around water piping or outside on A/C piping (balconies).  Of course, nothing stops someone from stealing the whole Pacsafe, if in fact, they are determined enough.  But, a resourceful monger has strategies to mitigate theft risk when possible.

yes true, they can steal the wole pacsafe, any thief can take whatever he- she wants, but the pacsafe takes away the easy score for opportunists, ( maids cleaning staff etc)

Out of sight out of mind.

yes true, they can steal the wole pacsafe, any thief can take whatever he- she wants, but the pacsafe takes away the easy score for opportunists, ( maids cleaning staff etc)

Out of sight out of mind.

Maybe you missed the tone - I'm supportive of Pacsafes. Bought my husband a Pacsafe backpack and the laptop size travel safe for Christmas.

He's got the whole complement on the ground right now :)

Это пропаганда.

Need hotel suggestions?  Free, non-judgmental help available HERE with over 1,100 rooms within 1 mile of the Pattaya nightlife districts covered.  Results tuned to your exact specifications.

Down for Maintenance as of 11/8/2017.

Map Links and Joiner Policy Repository access information here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xjbngew8ss1a6q0/mapLinks.pdf?dl=0

Nothing gets to stop a determined THIEF, locks are for honest people.  What you can do is make it harder for them or inconvenient.  What I do is put my money in a cash bag and then lock it inside of my  Pacsafes suitcase or I put it in the hotel room safe.  So far I have been lucky and they have not stolen the whole bag.

What thieves hope for, is that you don’t notice a little bit of your money is gone, for a few days.  If the whole bag is gone you will notice that right away and can narrow the time down when the theft occurred.

Here is a picture of the cash bag that I use it’s only 5 x 8 inch and you can buy it from Amazon for about $15 us.

post-164816-0-47370400-1486402122_thumb.jpg

Maybe just use yr suitcase pocket with a small good quality combination lock,probably safer than a hotel safe,most front desk staff have access to key for unlocking safes to change or reset safe combination.

There was a youtube video showing how you can easily slide open the zipper of a locked suitcase and then slide it back closed undetected. 

Because of this, I bought myself a small gun safe. A little bit heavy (and I saw videos about how to break into them too). However, better than nothing. I sometimes stay in places without safes and I usually lock my passport and wallet in my suitcase.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll get myself one of those cash bags - if anyone has one in the UK let me know a link please :)

I always position my suitcase in a certain way so I know if it's been touched - I'll leave the zip in line with a pattern on the suitcase for example, and any plastic bags lying around I'll leave a straw or something similar balanced near the inside top. Then you can tell from a swift glance if your things have been run through.

Edit: I also leave a hand written record of how much cash I've left in the safe, wrapped around the cash. Very obvious then to anyone looking that I know how much is there and will be checking it.

Id love to be a fly on the wall as you try and engender anything positive from the brown mafia explaining all these 'Boys Own' clues

BTW

A suitcase WITH A ZIP !! (may as well leave the contents on the landing)

Archived