Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

WARNING ! Theft from room safe in the hotel Galaxy Suite Pattaya !

Schmiede1705

Sorry about what happened to you. Your lucky they didn't clean it up fully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Living sober,clean and staying away from loose women doesn't make a man live any longer. It just fucking feels like it.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The managers can be found nightly in Heaven Above, maybe you should pop in and tell them, they probably have no idea whats happened.

i honestly feel that there is a great advantage in staying in a farang run guesthouse , you meet the boss and can complain directly to him , and in my opinion there is much less chance ! :GoldenSmile1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :GoldenSmile1:

Should have bought a pacsafe!

Yep, I never travel without one.

Sorry about what happened to you. Your lucky they didn't clean it up fully.

No the way it was done is the popular modus operandi. Employed at holiday destinations world wide

as it gives the staff exactly that 'out'

You're a drunken holidaymaker who miscalculated his spendings

If someone (heaven forbid) was to steal it would all have gone n'est-ce pas.

I have a locking cash bag that is cut and tamper proof which I put inside the safe. That way they can only steal the whole lot and not just cream some off. Never heard of the staff stealing the full amount of a customers money....only some. They can then argue you are mistaken etc etc. Happened to a friend of mine at the old stags head in soi lk a few years back. Same bullshit with the manager, CCTV not working etc.

By a member here I learned the owner of the theft knows. But he is of the opinion that he can do nothing and the police should clarify this.

The

By a member here I learned the owner of the theft knows. But he is of the opinion that he can do nothing and the police should clarify this.

Well the only thing you can do in such case is name and shame them then.

I will never stay there and advise others to do the same.

Contact pattayaone or pattayanews to make publicity for the hotel.

By the google search I have found that there has been such a case before. The link: http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/279334-money-stolen-from-safe-galaxy-suites/page-1So is not the first time.

I read something about Galaxy suite in this forum last year. After number of posts arguing from numbers of BMs, the thread just disappeared. I hope OP will have a better result this time.

I can tell you that I met that guy myself and he eventually realised that he had made a mistake and withdrew the complaint, so the thread was locked or removed I think.

He and his two friends had such a good time there he booked a party to return and stay there some months later.

Found the dude who has a signature for heavens above and galaxy suites on here. Not sure if hes the manager or what. "nutosf" ............................

Eddie was an owner but not a Manager, all Managers are Thai.

He returned to live in US a year or so ago and is not involved.

The thread has been locked, possibly temporarily - pending confirmation from the OP that he had gone through the correct channels first i.e. notified the management etc.

We are NOT suggesting the OP is making things up - we just have to be sure as we do get a lot of false reports, especially when a member signs up for the sole purpose of complaining about a business.

To the Member suggesting we give preference to "PA Businesses" - we have no relationship with Galaxy Suites in any way.

As for the previous thread - that was hidden/locked as the OP of that thread accepted he made a mistake and requested its removal. In that case the CCTV was working just fine and was shown to the OP who apologised.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

We have now had a chance to talk to the OP and it seems he followed correct procedure and reported the incident to the duty manager and the owner is also aware.

A couple of points to please bear in mind.

1. The PREVIOUS incident - the original complainant accepted he was mistaken and that was the end of that matter.

2. The owners of Galaxy are aware of the incident and are (apparently) assisting the police enquiry - which really all they can do.

Lets all hope this matter gets some completion.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Bullseye, I do that too, but moreso for a central item and organization while in transit, and also doubles up for the purpose of being inside the safe as well.  It would seem one is more likely to take only part of a cash stash as it can easily be mistaken, but to take the entire tamper proof bag presents more difficulty..at least I hope it does.

look around the front desk for any signs of a potato!!!!

Bloody fucking scary. It opens almost effortlessly.

Living sober,clean and staying away from loose women doesn't make a man live any longer. It just fucking feels like it.

I guess leaving your review on trip advisor would be useful. Include the help management offered or lack of. I missed the bit about CCTV, no recording? I understand thats an offence

I guess leaving your review on trip advisor would be useful. Include the help management offered or lack of. I missed the bit about CCTV, no recording? I understand thats an offence

Echo Scubas suggestion, public review is the tool. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293919-d1806196-Reviews-Galaxy_Suites-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html#REVIEWS

No help was unfortunately not offered to me. He did not want to come to the hotel or call me. Everything is wrong. The camera is broken by the lady at the front desk for 1 week.

Thanks for the information

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I think you should at least get a refund on your stay on the grounds you lost money AND the camera being broken. This means the hotel isnt secure when it should be. I'd bet the camera hasnt been working alot longer then a week and they just say it just broke to cover their asses.  

Them not calling you or talking to you is unacceptable. Make sure to leave bad reviews anywhere you can since they wont do anything to help you. A smaller hotel like this will lose alot of business just from getting a bad rep here and on a site like trip advisor. 

I think you should at least get a refund on your stay on the grounds you lost money AND the camera being broken. This means the hotel isnt secure when it should be. I'd bet the camera hasnt been working alot longer then a week and they just say it just broke to cover their asses.  

Them not calling you or talking to you is unacceptable. Make sure to leave bad reviews anywhere you can since they wont do anything to help you. A smaller hotel like this will lose alot of business just from getting a bad rep here and on a site like trip advisor. 

Well best of luck with that

Confusing home country 'consumer rights' with the laissez faire attitude in Thailand to any such matters, and the predilection in Pattaya specifically to completely ignore such grievances as any day soon a big fast airliner takes it away for them.

If the hotel gives him a refund they are in effect admitting liability , if it was proven without doubt that it was a hotel staff member then that's a different thing , they would be under an obligation to refund thier guest .

With these allegations there is always the possibility that the hotel guest is trying on some sort of insurance scam, not saying that this is the case with the OP , but unfortunately he has nothing without certain proof that it was the hotel staff.

Bloody fucking scary. It opens almost effortlessly.

Yeah .... it's almost too good to be true  :ThumbUp6:

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

This should've been in the main barstool section for dramatic effect!

Anyways, unfortunately these things happen.

I've never had anything stolen from my hotel safe or room in all my years of Thailand trips. 

I leave money in the safe or locked in my suitcase (I have a hard shell style suitcase with 'clamps' and not zipper).

I bought a pacsafe years ago and only used it once, was overkill for me.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

Archived