IGNORED

WARNING ! Theft from room safe in the hotel Galaxy Suite Pattaya !

Schmiede1705

People please avoid all the hotel Galaxy Suite in Pattaya on the Soi Diamond.
I was stolen there yesterday 400 € from the locked room safe.
The manager or the owner of the hotel does not seem to be interested, since he always came back to later to come here to clarify.
So I have today reported to the police.
More details about theft:

I have stayed at the hotel Galaxy Suites in Pattaya since 19.01. To date very satisfied.
On 24.01 I went 2 clock pm from the hotel to drink a coffee and change money. Before I left I counted all my money which was in the safe after and wrote it as always on a note which is still in it.
Whenever I close the safe I put a business card so the Safedoor from inside that I see if someone was in it when I open it again. I was about 1 hour coffee and I'm back in my room. Since I wanted to put the changed money into the safe, I opened him carefully to see if the business card is still placed on the door. This was no longer at the door but lay on my money in safe. I counted the money and 400 euros were missing. Thus not everything was taken, but only a partial amount.
I immediately went to the front desk and told the lady the money was missing. She informed the manager and said he will come in 2 hours to clarify the matter and she can not imagine.
After three hours, I asked where the manager stayed and told me that he was not coming until 8pm and was supposed to wait for him and not go to the police. 8 pm I asked again and of course he was not there and should come tomorrow.
Today I then asked again and she said he comes at 4 pm he does not create it sooner. End of the story, of course, he was not there at 4 o'clock, of course, and I went to the police and filed a complaint.

I find it a shame from the management so deal with its customers. There are only two ladies in question: either the woman at the reception where also the general key for the room safe or the cleaning woman. I also wanted to see the video recording of the cameras but allegedly the camera has been broken for 1 week.

So people please avoid all this hotel so it does not happen to anyone else.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Convenient that the camera was "broken" when you had your money stolen. Sorry to hear that mate. Looks like I will be avoiding this place and I hope you get some positive resolution to this situation. This is kind of why I enjoy guesthouses...If I have a problem the owner can always be found to fix it.

Sorry for that pal.......400 euro not exactly small amount!........i've wiped the place-so thanks.....

If me i would pursue the matter maybe mentioning lawyers will be in touch if no resolution.......Try!!!

Manager probably never informed at all

Thieving hotel staff trying a puerile 'hide under the blanket till its gone away' boogie man routine

Unless there's an extremely high probability of them being able to steal a goodly sized lump of cash out of it themselves

don't expect any kind of 'fire engine' response to a robbery from the thieves in fancy dress down at Soi 9

Isnt the manager of that hotel a poster on the forum? Pretty sure if i seen a tag for that hotel from someone here.

Was going to spend a few nights here on my next trip in between staying at my usual hotel on Buakhow so I could be in the thick of the action for a few nights on Walking Street.

I fucking won't be stepping foot near the place now.

Thanks and good luck sorting the problem out.

Found the dude who has a signature for heavens above and galaxy suites on here. Not sure if hes the manager or what. "nutosf" is the guys pattaya name maybe pm him and he can help you out with advice. Says he hasnt been active since the 22nd but ive seen him posting in a thread suggesting that hotel in recent weeks for sure. 

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/user/889-nutosf/

Don't trust hotel safes. I once stayed at darjeeling boutique in Bangkok and me and the receptionist didn't get along. I saw she sent up a Thai guy to my room as I was leaving and after that my safe code no longer worked. Luckily there was nothing in there at the time because when I go out I put everything in my pacsafe. Room safe is only good to protect you maybe from a girl currently in your room.

Was going to spend a few nights here on my next trip in between staying at my usual hotel on Buakhow so I could be in the thick of the action for a few nights on walking street.

I can highly suggest Walking Street guesthouse if you want to be right on Walking Street. The guy who owns it is a member here. I've stayed there 3 times in the past and its been completely safe and comfortable. Only problem with the place is it has alot of stairs but its literally right in the middle of Walking Street

I read something about Galaxy suite in this forum last year. After number of posts arguing from numbers of BMs, the thread just disappeared. I hope OP will have a better result this time.

I read something about Galaxy suite in this forum last year. After number of posts arguing from numbers of BMs, the thread just disappeared. I hope OP will have a better result this time.

It does seem that if a member finds fault in a PA members establishments without proof then the threads disappear or they take one hell of a slaughtering on their thread for even mentioning someone who has helped out on PA bar crawls etc.

Sometimes it's probably no fault to the manager or owner it's usually down to their staff and colleagues but some members don't like to see past this and give people like the OP a hard time just because the owner is a BM or has participated in bar crawls etc etc..

Watching with interest!

It's all funny. Yesterday as the lady of the reception supposedly with the manager has telephoned and we wanted to talk with him she said he does not want to talk with us on the phone.

Was going to spend a few nights here on my next trip in between staying at my usual hotel on Buakhow so I could be in the thick of the action for a few nights on walking street.

Might be a giggle to book a night or two if only to leave a covering of ink jet printed notes over a cocked rat trap in the safe  ;)

It would be really nice if the manager would report here if he is an active member here. I also sent him a message.

Might be a giggle to book a night or two if only to leave a covering of ink jet printed notes over a cocked rat trap in the safe ;)

Sounds like a laugh!

or a shit wrapped in a hanky

Don't use room safes. They have a master code. Wtf is the hotel supposed to do if you change the pin to the safe and they don't know it? Throw it out and buy a new safe?

This type of safe can be opened with a code or with a key. My code has still worked so someone must have opened with the key and the key is at the front desk

This type of safe can be opened with a code or with a key. My code has still worked so someone must have opened with the key and the key is at the front desk

look around the front desk for any signs of a potato!!!!

Archived