IGNORED

LK Renaissance current review

Dcbadboy

I know this hotel has been reviewed before, but I look back 7 months and had not seen a review and lot can happen in that time.  I stayed 5 nights in December and the total bill was $388.  I stayed on the second floor.  The room was clean and I did not find any bugs in the room as some have reported. Everything worked in the room also the TV had an open HDMI port so I was able to hook up my laptop for home movies if you know what I mean.  One think I like is that the housekeeper will wait to late in the day to make up your room for the days I did not get out of bed till 4PM. One thing was strange was; only once did they asked for the lady ID when I brought her in. There is no restaurant in the hotel but across the street are tons of restaurants.  The water was hot and the bath room came fully stocked with all the basic knick knack that was refilled every day without charge.  The ladies love them as a gift from me.      

post-164816-0-97997800-1485309157_thumb.jpg

post-164816-0-21971900-1485309203_thumb.jpg

I stayed there a long time ago. Loved it. But I think the prices always a lil high when I go. What u mean no restaurant? I remember they had one of the better breakfast buffets when I was there. Also across the street is beer bars.

I stayed there a long time ago. Loved it. But I think the prices always a lil high when I go. What u mean no restaurant? I remember they had one of the better breakfast buffets when I was there. Also across the street is beer bars.

no breakfast now on site ...you can go to siter hotel lk metropole  up the street but thats pretty crap

Thought metropole was ok. what happened to Renaissance restaurant. It was soon as u go in the main door to the left.

Quote button work yet

The LK Renaissance is a decent place but you can surely tell that it's in dire need of proper upkeep and maintenance. Just like everything else in pattaya it is a facade of something that once was. But seeing paint slopped on the floor, light fixtures hanging out of the ceiling, leaky bathtubs that soak the floor, water faucets that come right off, and maybe even a little bit of a mess in the hallways with hampers and whatnot it's surely evident that nobody really cares and eventually the place will be torn down and a new place will be built. The restaurant is long gone but there is a most handy Pharmacy where the restaurant used to be. Ironically the awning that once said the name of the restaurant still hangs above the pharmacy so just like everything in Thailand eventually it may or may not be replaced when it finally falls down from old age. There's many many restaurants within a very very short walking distance of the hotel and some of them are actually very very good especially for breakfast others are better for lunch or dinner and there's even some late-night opening places for pizza by the slice that is very good

I'm staying there at the moment and have no complaints at all. I paid about B1800 per night for a studio room, which for high season is not too bad. Same price as Areca Lodge deluxe room and I rate this as better than Areca (although the Areca price includes breakfast). So I guess pricewise, it depends whether you usually have breakfast at your hotel or not. 

I was told when I checked in that all visitors must leave their ID at reception to be returned when they leave, but the several visitors I've had just walked in with me and were ignored. Of course, if I didn't already know the girl, I would insist on the ID card. I was also told that if I bring two visitors, a fee of B400 would be charged.

All up, I'll stay here again if the price remains competetive.  

There's no such thing as free pussy!

image.png

I've just checked in today. First time here, yes it's a bit old but in first impression there is none of the shabbiness that some have said.

Room is huge and you could swim a lap in the bath.

One slight niggle, it's a shower over the bath buy without a curtain or divider.

I'd rather have a shower cubicle.

But happy so far.

Nice woman at the check in too

I was in the Deluxe room my shower and tub was separate and the tub had jets in it. I had saw no maintenance problems and the place was clean.  My visitors was only stopped once at 4am by the doorman who asked for her id but then gave it back to her. 

Thought metropole was ok. what happened to Renaissance restaurant. It was soon as u go in the main door to the left.

I stayed there in 2012 and don't remember a restaurant, but then again whenever I went back to my hotel I had better things to do than look for the restaurant :23:  :GoldenSmile1:

Do the rooms have safes or are they behind reception?. Been going to Pattaya for many years and no issues at al with room safes although hearing now that its common to have money stolen due to there being master code held by hotel staff.

Electronic in room safes.

And I've never had any problems with things being taken from.thrm in any of the hotels I've stayed in.

It is odd that they provide tea, coffee, cups etc but no kettle !

Not happy at check-out today. They tried to charge me for a chocolate I never ate, a listerine I never used, and a packet of condoms I never used. Only a few hundred baht, but I reckon it's a scam. Won't be going back. 

There's no such thing as free pussy!

image.png

When you go into the bathroom they have a list of stuff that they will charge you for using, everything else is a free refill every day.  As for the kettle, I had to find it in the cupboard under the sink.  One thing that did happen was one of my visitors help themselves to some of the snacks without me knowing.  I didn’t catch it to the next day, because I like to refill the refrigerator with my own snacks.  Electronic safe is nice and big I put my laptop in there and had plenty of room.

Nice big room but $388 divided by 5 = $77.60 per day. I can find good rooms for less than $20 per/day. You need to stop in at every hotel and ask for the prices, If one is close to my price I ask to speak to the management and make them an offer. All they can do is decline.

I checked out today and they said I'd used beer from the fridge. I hadn't. I Just said No, no beer and they back tracked and said OK. So given that a similar thing happened to another person today I think it is a minor scam. It wouldn't stop me staying there again.

More worryingly I asked for a wake up call as a back up to my phone's alarm. Never happened. I walk past reception , to grab some outside breakfast, about 10 minutes after the alarm call should have been made and asked what happened to my call. Blank stare like I just asked a question in Martian.

Hey guys,

I booked the place for a friend and I.  We are paying 915 GBP for 2 suites for 7 nights.   I am beginning to regret this, due to a) poor reviews, b) no restaurant and c) the below information:

LK_Management_Team, customer service at LK Renaissance, responded to this review
Dear manny0z

Thank you for your stayed and shared your experiences to us on Trip Advisor.We sincerely apologize as mentioned about the staffs and need to inform this is our hotel policy we charge for each visitor 500 THB.

please accept our apologize for the inconvenience and hope you come back stay with us again in the future.

I can still cancel, what do you think guys should we cut our losses and book an alternative like a week at 2 bedroom VT6?  I did like the Empress 'hotel' experience last tie around, and I do enjoy having room cleaned every day.  For the money, if anybody has any alternative suggestions, please feel free!

I was there 5 nights and had a girl every night. There was no 500 baht guest or joiners fee. In fact no one even asked to look the girls ID, which I found unusual.

If you can get Areca Lodge ,in same street, Soi Diana, for similar price I would chose that.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, is anyone currently staying in LK Renaissance, and paid joiner fee for a girl (one girl)?

Did anyone try to bring 2 girls and was asked to pay 500TBH?

I'm wondering about joel1669 comment above..

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys this is my first post so thanks to everyone on here for the amazing advice and info that made it impossible for me not to take my first trip to Pattaya.

I stayed at the Renaissance Feb 18 to 26 and i had 7 Tgs  back to my room and was never asked for any joiner fee also everyone of them had to leave their id card .how it works is you dont hand it in to the girl on reception ..there is a night man who is normally sat watching a film on a pc and you have to walk past him to get to the lift and stairs and he always asked for the ladys id.

I was in a studio room on 5th floor couldnt fault it nice and big 40ms hot water no bugs and nice and quiet at night i paid 288 pounds for 8 nights i would recommend it but i am now looking to go back in May for 3 weeks so going to try and get somewhere half the price i seen Sutus court 3 for 328 pounds for 3 weeks which sounds ok but still looking around at the moment.

20170218_191449.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if they provide a iron in the room 

33 minutes ago, Kash money said:

Does anyone know if they provide a iron in the room 

No iron in the room.  You may be able to request one, but I have never asked for one.  This is pretty typical of the places that I have stayed in Patts.

5 minutes ago, tjvol said:

No iron in the room.  You may be able to request one, but I have never asked for one.  This is pretty typical of the places that I have stayed in Patts.

Cheers mate 

On 3/26/2017 at 6:33 AM, Kash money said:

Cheers mate 

There is a laundry other side of the street - small soi next to Areca and Centra Avenue - the lady there will iron shirts while you wait for a few THB.

Location  was perfect but didnt like the ants in my bathtub..

Archived