Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

7 Days in Pattaya, stay in one place or book only a few days first?

ttouch07

Hey All,

I'm coming in Feb 5 - 12, and planning on going straight to Patts from BKK (at like 3 am -- late night flight).   

Question is should should I book all 7 days at one place now?  Or should I book a few days at one place and then extend if I like it or book another place if I don't?

Are prices cheaper if we book early vs. at the time of staying?

Thanks for the advice!

Hey All,

I'm coming in Feb 5 - 12, and planning on going straight to Patts from BKK (at like 3 am -- late night flight).   

Question is should should I book all 7 days at one place now?  Or should I book a few days at one place and then extend if I like it or book another place if I don't?

Are prices cheaper if we book early vs. at the time of staying?

Thanks for the advice!

Up to you, I wouldn't want to change hotels if I were only going to be there for seven days. Do some research and find a place with a good reputation that has the location, facilities and price that fit what  to you are looking for and book there. 

Stay in one place. It's only 7 days - you don't want to be messing around changing hotels.

You are unlikely to get a cheaper price by just turning up.

Give an idea of your budget and requirements and I'm sure you'll get suggestions for hotels.

Remember, if you're arriving at 3am then you'll need to book your room from the previous day or hang around for hours.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

One week , safe yourself the hassle . 

Just pick one place and stay. No need for the hassle of changing places on just a week long trip.

I have split a week in 2 hotels in Pattaya. Big mistake! Years ago, I was staying in D2 first (now Baraquda) then moved to Hard Rock. The distance between the 2 hotels is about 1km. Taxi drivers asked for 200 THB! So, I took bahtbus. It wasn't fun to drag my bag from the entrance of the parking lot to the lobby at Hard Rock but I saved 190 THB! :WinkGrin1:

Book in advance for one place for the week. Since you're arriving at 3am, I would also pre-book a taxi from BKK to Pattaya.   Save yourself the hassles.

As David mentioned if your arriving at 3am on  2/5 you might want to book for the 2/4.  Otherwise you might not be able to get into your room to noon or later. 

Don't bother with multiple properties - and if you need help picking one, let me know ...

Need hotel suggestions?  Free, non-judgmental help available HERE with over 1,100 rooms within 1 mile of the Pattaya nightlife districts covered.  Results tuned to your exact specifications.

Down for Maintenance as of 11/8/2017.

Map Links and Joiner Policy Repository access information here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xjbngew8ss1a6q0/mapLinks.pdf?dl=0

I suggest NOT paying in advance. If you really dislike the hotel/area you can get up and move.

Sent from my W3 using Tapatalk

One place

Seems like the general consensus is book 1 place.  

My budget is around $50 a day--although I alway like a good value.  Any suggestions would be welcome.  

Since I haven't been there for a while, anyone have suggestions on where I should stay?  Where do people like to stay?  Near WS?  Beach road?  Soi 6?

I'll say what I always say to newbies/relative newbies etc.

As you can't know where you'll end up spending most time - Soi 6, WS, Metro, Sois 7/8, etc - I would stay between Beach Road and Second Road & between Soi 7 and Soi 13.

It makes it easier to get to/from most places.

An old favourite of mine is Flipper Lodge on Soi 8 but a lot of BM's seem to like hotels around Soi 13.

Page 10 & Whitehouse Condotel are often mentioned, but there are a few others.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Don't bother with multiple properties - and if you need help picking one, let me know ...

I'm looking for a place, 10 days to begin with. Ideally without 24 reception and security. I prefer the feel of my own 'normal' place when bringing many girls back.

I don't care as much as I used to but there's still some averse feelings of it being so obvious I'm fucking loads of girls.

What kind of rooms do you have bro?

Seems like the general consensus is book 1 place.  

My budget is around $50 a day--although I alway like a good value.  Any suggestions would be welcome.  

Since I haven't been there for a while, anyone have suggestions on where I should stay?  Where do people like to stay?  Near WS?  Beach road?  Soi 6?

It is impossible to give advice without knowing what is important to you. Does it have to have a pool? Do you need a place with room service? Do you require a place with 24hr security? Do you like it  to have a restaurant with breakfast thrown in?  I like to stay in guesthouses but not the cheap awful ones. Nice places with big rooms because i don't need a pool or room service and going out for breakfast in Thailand is something I love to do but  your needs may differ. 

I stayed at Boomerang guesthouse the last two trips and it is a very nice guest house but there are lots of them around soi buakhao, Hideaway is really nice.  If you like guesthouses those two are good. As others have said it depends on where you will be spending your time as well. Are you going to hire a scooter? Or are you going to baht bus everywhere? 

Thanks for all the advice.  

It doesn't need to have a pool, but that'll be nice.   I'm probably going to bring my laptop with me, so it'll be good to have a safe or something.  Breakfast isn't required, as I'm generally a late riser.   

Would love to be near massage places for the regular kind and the special kind (mostly for BJ's and massages).  

Doing some research I looked at places from a wide range.  From the cheaper ones like flipper lodge ($36), to even the more expensive ones like Page 10 ($64), and was even tempted to up my budget to check out Siam @ design hotel ($84) or even Dusit Thani hotel ($90).  I know that's a wide range of places, i guess I'm being very indecisvie.  

I do realize i need to book for the day before I come as well, since if I arrive at 4am, I wouldn't want to wait hours until check in.  My flight technically lands at 230 am, so it'll probably be more like 5 am is when i'll be in Pattaya (is that true?). 

Maybe I should book a cheaper one first, and then move to a higher end of to split my time?  But you guys are right, that seems exhausting.   

BTw, i'll be there from Feb 5th - 12th, so I should probably decide very soon.  Very excited!  This was a very much a last minute plan.  

Thanks for all the advice.  

It doesn't need to have a pool, but that'll be nice.   I'm probably going to bring my laptop with me, so it'll be good to have a safe or something.  Breakfast isn't required, as I'm generally a late riser.   

Would love to be near massage places for the regular kind and the special kind (mostly for BJ's and massages).  

Doing some research I looked at places from a wide range.  From the cheaper ones like flipper lodge ($36), to even the more expensive ones like Page 10 ($64), and was even tempted to up my budget to check out Siam @ design hotel ($84) or even Dusit Thani hotel ($90).  I know that's a wide range of places, i guess I'm being very indecisvie.  

I do realize i need to book for the day before I come as well, since if I arrive at 4am, I wouldn't want to wait hours until check in.  My flight technically lands at 230 am, so it'll probably be more like 5 am is when i'll be in Pattaya (is that true?). 

Maybe I should book a cheaper one first, and then move to a higher end of to split my time?  But you guys are right, that seems exhausting.   

BTw, i'll be there from Feb 5th - 12th, so I should probably decide very soon.  Very excited!  This was a very much a last minute plan.  

If your flight is on time, 5am should be about the time your reach Pattaya. It is a little early. I guess you could ask the hotel if you could check in early. Some will charge you half day. So, if you are staying in flipper lodge, that only cost you 18 USD more. Then, you could go to rest and you don't need to swtich hotel.

Just to let you know, Dusit Thani is a well known family hotel. I have never stayed there because it charge 1000 THB joiner. A few months ago, a BM said he just stayed there but no joiner fee. So, if you are going to stay there, please let us know.

Use the many threads and info on this site to pick the right place for you for this trip.  Just 1 place, you will not want to pack and move a couple blocks down the Soi.

Prices do not vary that much for booking early or late, more important is that you do not end up homeless!..book before you go.

Payment options vary depending on their website, policies, etc.  I usually pay (or at least deposit) in advance.

Yours is a valid question-I do remember a time many years ago when I did not have the knowledge I do now and booked what seemed like a nice hotel for only my first few days and planned to book additional days or find another place.  Luckily I only paid the first 3 because there were cats pissing in the halls, chasing rats, a total shithole.  Oddly enough, I found a nice LT on my first day and by her standards it was trash and she did not want to stay there...she offered me to crash with her a couple of days, was a gracious host/LT GFE, I just left the hotel without checking out and never looked back and didn't even want to go back to fight for 2 days worth of stay refund.  That lovely lady washed my troubles away.

Yeah, coming in at 230am seems rough, it may put you in Patts more like 6am (pending time thru Visa and baggage claim and taxi line).  Most decent hotels there is always someone there, or at least napping  in the corner, to check you in.  

Yeah good point on asking for a early check-in.  I was just going to book the night before, but I'd prefer to not pay for that whole day.  

Maybe I can book online and then email the hotel about the early check-in. 

I was looking at this site for rec's and that's how I got those names:  http://www.thailandredcat.com/5-best-hotels-for-bargirls-and-sex-in-pattaya/

I'm going back and forth now between staying at a nice place that makes it feel like a vacation vs. an efficient place where I can spend my money on the girls (although I could afford both). 

I'll make a decision soon (prob today).

Yeah good point on asking for a early check-in.  I was just going to book the night before, but I'd prefer to not pay for that whole day.  

Maybe I can book online and then email the hotel about the early check-in. 

I was looking at this site for rec's and that's how I got those names:  http://www.thailandredcat.com/5-best-hotels-for-bargirls-and-sex-in-pattaya/

I'm going back and forth now between staying at a nice place that makes it feel like a vacation vs. an efficient place where I can spend my money on the girls (although I could afford both). 

I'll make a decision soon (prob today).

Not so sure how that Redcat come up with those 5 "best hotels" in Pattaya. I guess lots of BMs here disagree with him. For example, 5 star hotels, Marriott/Avani, or Hilton should be better choice than Dusit Thani in location and I am still not 100% sure it is GF or not. 

I'm a big fan of the Soi 10 area, which should have a number of hotels close to your $50 price range - Page 10, SeaMe, SeaMe Too, SeaMe Tree, The Stay.  Lots of info about them in the hotels section.

I'm a hotel points whore, so I gravitate towards US-based hotels (Hilton, Holiday Inn, InterContinental).  It's also why I was bummed that Marriott became AVANI and Sheraton became InterContinental - reduced my "options" (although InterContinental and Holiday Inn are both IHG properties and I have a shitload of points with them).

I'm finalizing hotels and i narrowed down to these three (based on availability now):

Adelphi (cheapest nice hotel) for $48 a night.  What do you think of that area for a newb like myself?  Do you think it's not central enough?  Too far away?

Mera Mare hotel.  This one is on Beach road, a little better location, and still a good deal (for what it is--a 4 star new hotel) @ $71 a night. 

Or Spring me two / tree.  These two are on Soi 10, which I heard is the best central location for newbies.  It's $50 a night, but probably the lowest quality of the 3.  Or is it?  

I'm finalizing hotels and i narrowed down to these three (based on availability now):

Adelphi (cheapest nice hotel) for $48 a night.  What do you think of that area for a newb like myself?  Do you think it's not central enough?  Too far away?

Mera Mare Hotel.  This one is on Beach road, a little better location, and still a good deal (for what it is--a 4 star new hotel) @ $71 a night. 

Or Spring me two / tree.  These two are on Soi 10, which I heard is the best central location for newbies.  It's $50 a night, but probably the lowest quality of the 3.  Or is it?  

71 USD for Mera Mare is a good deal! Including breakfast? 555, I will stay there in hours. I will let you know if it is nice or not (first time to stay there). Or post some photos so you could see.

Archived