Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Sea Me Too vs The Stay questions.

fordsy

Hi guys,

I should first mention that I've read the 4-5 threads that are virtually the same exact topic,  but  I've got a couple of inquiries that I'm hoping some of you vets  can help me out with.  I've got reservation's at Sea Me Too, 11 nights late Feb. in a deluxe street view room.  I can still cancel and switch to the "Stay" if  I want,  and I'm sorta bouncing back and forth.

I  originally chose Sea Me because it was closer to the beach, and the room pics looked a little nicer, but having since read the other threads,  some of the Addict's say the Stay edges out Sea Me 2 overall.. So here's some questions that will help me out..

• The construction!!  Is all the construction (and noise) pretty much done around Sea me 2.  I think it is from what I've read but would like to hear it from someone who's been down Soi 10 recently.

• Wifi apparently sucks at both hotels. Does either hotel have Ethernet ports in the rooms to plug a laptop into for Internet access?

• I read a significant number of reviews on Agoda and Booking that report a pretty unpleasant odor in some of the Stay rooms.  Have any of you guys who've stayed here experienced this?

• Also some reviews said the walls are the Stay are thin, and they could hear everything going on in adjacent rooms. Is that the case. 

• No breakfast at Sea Me.. bummer!   How late do they serve the free breakfast at the Stay (if not till at least 11a, it'll be a non-factor for me)

• Are both hotels pretty equal with regard to showers water pressure and  plenty of hot water?

• Are the pools and pool area pretty even? (They look pretty much the same in pics)

I'd be happy to hear any other worthwhile factors I might be overlooking.  As to the cost, the Stay is fractionally more but not enough to be a factor for me.

As always, thanks guys for always happily offering up answers for us newbies!

Just spent 2 weeks at the stay and promised myself never to return. Have stayed there 2 times before but the staff and manager keep changing and changing for the worse. It's not a cheap hotel and therefore I expect certain hotel standards to be met. The reception staff is rude and non existent. Most of the time they are sitting on the floor behind the counter. The rooms need a face lift and the cleaning leaves a lot to be desired. Breakfast is served until 10.30. And they still serve instant coffee. No coffee machine. I pointed that out to them on my last trip and they said many guests have pointed out the same thing but they still continue to serve Nescafé. When u check out they treat you like a thief. Checking the mini bar and the room with a fine tooth comb. Then they try to charge you for things that you haven't consumed from the mini bar. Maybe this explain why the hotel wasn't booked out for what is considered their peak season. And by the way I booked their suite at an average price of 3800 baht per night. Never felt like a suite guest. This is my experience anyway. Have never stayed at see me. But on my next trip I will be returning to Page 10 on the same Soi. The only problem is that they are always fully booked. I suppose that means something.

I stayed at Sea Me Too a few years ago, don't remember much.

I was at The Stay last year just after Songkran. My room was on the top floor, only 4 or 5 rooms up there but there's a big meeting room and the gym on that floor too, as well as the stairs up to the pool.

- Yeah, the wifi sucked. I can't remember about the Ethernet ports.

- Didn't get any unpleasant odour in my room.

- Walls were thin but about on par with many hotels in Pattaya. Got some noise from the other rooms but mostly from the maids chatting away in the corridor and maid room near the lifts.

- Didn't get breakfast.

- Shower was fine. I don't use much hot water though

- Didn't go into the pool but was nice and big. No umbrellas.

They tried to charge me for a "missing" hand towel at checkout but were unsuccessful.

Did you look into Sea Me Tree (but apparently much smaller rooms than at Too) and Deep Blue Z10? Both opened recently.

Stayed in both and both were good,if i stayed in either again i`d probably plump for the stay cos its bigger and the pools better.Cant comment about wi-fi cos i`ve never needed it but might do next trip.

Didnt have breakfast in either and as for the walls at the stay being thin i never noticed that either,always plenty of hot water too at the stay too no matter what time of day or night,i like the place but if they `tried it on` i`d no doubt change my mind!

• 3 weeks later...

I have stay at Sea Me Spring and Sea Me Spring too.  I only had trouble with the wifi once, I think at Sea Me Spring and that was the first time I stayed there.  I think the issue was the location of the access point was not ideal for getting a signal in the room.  If my laptop was by the mini fridge it worked but if I moved to the bed the signal dropped.  Last time I stayed there I had no problems with the wifi and no problems at Sea Me Spring too.  Unless I missed it there were no ethernet ports in the rooms.

Sea Me Too had terrible WiFi when I visited. But at least my room had Ethernet port.

The Stay is very close to the Second Road beer-bar complex with awful karaoke singing so I would not stay there ever.

Thanks for the feedback guys.  I ended up booking a deluxe street view room at Sea Me Too, 11 nights, sounds like the safer choice.  Getting into town next Monday the 20th. I'll post a mini review when I'm back. :ThumbUp6:

The Stay got super thin walls. Request a corner room if available or even better: book another hotel. I wouldn't return, far too overpriced as well.

I didn't care for the stay not bad but just average nothing  stands out. I also was at Sea me too same can be said about this place, I however like soi 10 so i recommend Page 10 a bit more money but I enjoyed my stay there.

Checked into The Stay last night. Currently sitting by the pool.

Wifi is strong in my room... and by the pool!!

Good first impressions...will keep the thread updated.

• 3 weeks later...

Stayed at Sea Me Spring Too for New Years...To me it's a pretty great hotel...never had any issue with the wifi, shower pressure was great and the water was hot, the pool was awesome as well as the view and the location was awesome too.  It's right across from Sea Me Spring Tree which I stayed at as well.  Never stayed at the stay but outside looking in, I give The Stay the nod for the better balcony.  Sea Me Spring Too has alright ones but The Stay's looked better.  There was never a smell inside my room however there is definitely a strong sewage smell on that soi towards second road.  Nothing to complain about from me.

Mr. WIFSUWO

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guy!   I promised a mini review so here it is (Sea Me Too)

Booked through PA's link to Agoda.  11 nights for $620 US  incl. taxes for deluxe room, a steal compared to prices here in the US for a nice hotel steps from the beach.  

Staff were great, smiling, helpful, and courteous, spoke enough English to get by,  had me and my bags in my room  within a couple of minutes of arrival. 

The room's very spacious and bright with wall to wall windows to a small balcony, allowing lots of daylight in (a big factor for me)  No view of the ocean but I knew that going in.

King size bed, Yahoo!  A little bit too firm for my liking but I got used to it after first night. 

The rooftop pool is sort of small, but immaculate, perfect temp, and never overly crowded.  Nice lounge chairs for um, lounging and a small staffed bar for drinks.

Small fitness room has dumbells, benches,  cable machines and treadmills.  I didn't use since I was hitting Fitness-7 most days.

Laundry place right across the Soi, Eastiny mini-mart right up the street, Beer bar at end of Soi, and steps from beach road.

It was mostly quiet considering the location, only heard an occasional obnoxious drunk walking down the Soi.

The T.V, probably a 32" LCD.  Fox news along with another 3 or 4 English news channels.  Managed to find two English movie channels so enough if you need to veg in the room for awhile.

Separate shower and bath tub,  plenty of hot water,  a fridge, and a hot-water kettle for coffee.

And contrary to many reviews, the wifi for me worked great.  The girl at reception set it up on my phone for me, a lifesaver since I couldn't get roaming data the first two days.

Hard to beat the location since my preferred stomping ground wound up being the LK Metro area, a short walk from Soi 10.  Probably  some advantages to staying even closer to that zone, but I really enjoyed the beach road atmosphere.

Almost forgot, yes they're girl friendly, just check their ID's at the desk.

So I'm giving Sea Me Too a big thumbs up, staff, facilities, location and price.   Checked all the boxes for me. I took the recs from other posters here so a big thanks to them.  My virgin trip was EPIC!

Archived