IGNORED

Utapao airport customs

stubby

Can anyone that has been though customs there tell me if it's the same as bkk and you just sail through customs. i am bringing a shit load of meat and don't wont problems.cheers

Supplies for Australia Day barby ay Stubbie.

Can't help you on your question mate except to say sniffer dogs will want to be your friend.

Been through there a few time and it is pretty relaxed in fact I don't recall seeing any bags ever searched or even the facility to do it, there is literally just 3 or 4 people checking passports

Arrived from Singapore in November, as stated it was just 3/4 people checking passports, gets busy around this time with 2 or 3 arrivals no one seemed to be doing customs at all.

• 1 month later...
On 1/21/2017 at 11:00 AM, stubby said:

Can anyone that has been though customs there tell me if it's the same as bkk and you just sail through customs. i am bringing a shit load of meat and don't wont problems.cheers

Arriving at UTP should be no problem, but going through UTP customs during departure, you might get checked. My bag was checked and was asked what my powerbanks are for. One elderly chap was stopped because he was carrying too much cash. Just had to pay a fine, no biggie for him.

As for meat or things that dogs can detect, I'd advise against it. They do have sniffer dogs and the dogs look well-trained.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@sixmonthnomad1815?sub_confirmation=1

I do videos about being a digital nomad, switching every six months between Malaysia and Pattaya, Thailand or other parts of South East Asia.

Thanks for info i arrived feb 6th and had zero problems

I got stopped by customs at UTP a couple of trips ago. I was the first off the bus and through the immigration desk and so as the first through customs I was pulled over. No problem though, it was about as through as one of those bag checks on the Bangkok Skytrain

Archived