IGNORED

LK Metropole vs LK The Empress

great mooglie

I am ready to book my hotel for my March trip.  I've been mostly been a PI visitor so my last and only trip to Pattaya was in 2012.  I stayed that time at LK Renaissance.  I liked the hotel and the area, but I just want to try another place this trip.  I wanted to stay at the Areca Lodge this time, but I waited one day too long and now they are booked for the time I am going to be there.  Now, I am looking at LK Metropole and LK The Empress.  LK Metropole will put me in an area I am familiar with while LK The Empress would give me a different surrounding.  I would like some opinions on those two places or maybe even some other suggestions.  I am looking a place in the 2200 to 3500 baht a night price range. 

Couple of quick comments, having stayed in both the Renaissance and the Metropole in 2016.

LK Group has gone rather a bit downhill, and from being a prestigious accommodation provider has slipped quite badly.  

They don't put the effort and funds into maintenance and repairs these days, and my view of the two LK's that I have used recently is they are quite shabby and overpriced.  Be thinking filthy mouldy bathrooms, broken fitments in the rooms, bodgy repair work all round, this in the one bedroom suites.  Proximity to LK Metro was the only saving grace for me, but I won't return to booking with the LK Group again in the future.

The Empress should be in a better state as it's a newer building.  Personally I think the rates there are exorbitant, but you pay for the proximity to the beach (even if you can't see it from your room....).

The location of the Empress shouldn't be an issue, most parts of town are only a few minutes away by moto-sai or baht-bus.

If the overall state of the hotel isn't a factor and you want to be around the LK Metro area, then the Metropole is liveable if not quite as grand as it used to be.  Certainly the cheaper rooms there are quite well priced for the location.  I just object to being charged premium prices for a 2 star room. :)

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

Couple of quick comments, having stayed in both the Renaissance and the Metropole in 2016.

LK Group has gone rather a bit downhill, and from being a prestigious accommodation provider has slipped quite badly.  

They don't put the effort and funds into maintenance and repairs these days, and my view of the two LK's that I have used recently is they are quite shabby and overpriced.  Be thinking filthy mouldy bathrooms, broken fitments in the rooms, bodgy repair work all round, this in the one bedroom suites.  Proximity to LK Metro was the only saving grace for me, but I won't return to booking with the LK Group again in the future.

The Empress should be in a better state as it's a newer building.  Personally I think the rates there are exorbitant, but you pay for the proximity to the beach (even if you can't see it from your room....).

The location of the Empress shouldn't be an issue, most parts of town are only a few minutes away by moto-sai or baht-bus.

If the overall state of the hotel isn't a factor and you want to be around the LK Metro area, then the Metropole is liveable if not quite as grand as it used to be.  Certainly the cheaper rooms there are quite well priced for the location.  I just object to being charged premium prices for a 2 star room. :)

Cheers

Perthie

Thanks for that info.  To tell the truth although I really liked the LK Renaissance 5 years ago, some reviews I saw on TripAdvisor scared me off.  I do think in the price range I am looking at I should not have to get a shabby room.   

There is a new hotel Centara. Opened right next to Areca (at least that is on the map in Agoda). Could be worth a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am actually on my way out to Cambodia but when I get into Pattaya on Sunday night I will try and post some shots of my room at the Empress.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

There is a new hotel Centara. Opened right next to Areca (at least that is on the map in Agoda). Could be worth a look.

Don't remember seeing this being built - are you sure? 

Maybe map is wrong??

e7591aabe69b51d782ce8c8a2fb4e217.jpg

This is the one. Rooms from 2600 Bhat (ish) per night. There are 7 hotels that use Centara in the name in Pattaya area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapata

Found it, looks like entrance is off Soi parallel with Soi Diana, but maybe you can cut through from Soi Diana - does anyone know??

Will definately check it out on my next visit as I like that area.

A location map and street view from Google maps

Centara Hotel GE 2.jpg

Centara Hotel Street.jpg

Central Azure is now available in my hotel selection model ... couple others just opened and soon to be added ...

Это пропаганда.

Need hotel suggestions?  Free, non-judgmental help available HERE with over 1,100 rooms within 1 mile of the Pattaya nightlife districts covered.  Results tuned to your exact specifications.

Down for Maintenance as of 11/8/2017.

Map Links and Joiner Policy Repository access information here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xjbngew8ss1a6q0/mapLinks.pdf?dl=0

Apartment and watch out stayed at the Areca Lodge I noticed early on but other's after were looking the Balcony of one of them the glass had shattered the next day a large piece was missing. That I assume even in Thailand should be safety glass.

Found it, looks like entrance is off Soi parallel with Soi Diana, but maybe you can cut through from Soi Diana - does anyone know??

Will definately check it out on my next visit as I like that area.

A location map and street view from Google maps

Cut through there.

IMG_7684.PNG

Thanks for all the responses.  Since I ended up waiting too long book a room at the Areca Lodge I was afraid to wait another another day and having my choices narrow even further.  Wavering between Intimate hotel and LK The Empress, I ended up booking a deluxe pool view king bed room with jacuzzi at LK The Empress.  I did this based on Perthie mentioning it was a newer LK hotel and looking at some YouTube videos others have taken of their rooms there.  Now, I just need my wheels up date to arrive. :Flying:

For what it's worth I stayed at the Empress in Oct and found it to be clean but somewhat dated and the furniture to be a bit gaudy. No actual closet but a wardrobe. That said I just came from The Landmark in BKK, so...

Next trip I'll be looking for something slightly more modern, just my own personal taste. The Location was a non factor really when it comes to why you are in Pattaya...never went to beach.

Also, saw no ants and the two cockroaches I found in the bathroom turned out to be fake eyelashes...

I stayed at the LK Empress last year. No issues at all. Found it a fantastic hotel. It all depends on personal tastes.

LK Renaissance would be my second pick.

Cheers

Perthie

What Perthie said.

I haven't stayed at the Met, but have stayed at LK Ren and LK Empress. The Ren is a nice mid-range hotel and the Empress slightly more upmarket. I liked them both, but I agree with Perthie that they no longer represent value for money (though their are deals for the Ren sometimes). Both the hotels (+LK Met) have great locations, with the Ren, you step out into the madness of soi Diana and LK, with the Empress, you are right on BR and a 2 minute BB ride to WS. If you like the LK area, my recommendation would be 24 7 on soi Honey (around 1,400-1,500THB inc breakfast). If you are happy to pay more, then Centra hotel just around the corner from Areca is good (2,500THB).

Just booked lk empress for my may trip. Wasn't planning to book this early but got a nice cancel anytime and pay later rate of 1400bht a night with breakfast via Expedia .. Never seen it that low and never stayed there so giving it a shot

Have stayed multiple times in both Empress and Metropole. Empress is in better condition being newer, but I prefer the location of the Metropole.

Perthie is correct in his above post stating that the overall maintenance of all LK Group hotels is sadly lacking.

I believe the Empress is four star, while Metropole is, i think, three star.

On my October trip I booked the Empress, however I couldn't stand the constant metallic thump, thump, thump of the pile drivers across the Soi, so they moved me to Metropole.

On my December trip I stayed at LK Royal Suites on Soi Buakhao. Similar standard to Metropole, but I found the location less convenient. I have booked Metropole again for my March trip. For me the location is unbeatable.

Has anyone stayed at the Premier Inn Pattaya (Right in front of Pattaya Bay Resort)??
Girl friendly??

I just love that area ... a little away from LK Metro..

Areca Lodge seems to be getting too restrictive for me ;)

We're not here for a long time

Just a good time !

Archived