IGNORED

Salary for waitress and receptionist

izzyg

I chatted with a TG and she had previously worked as waitress in a Pattaya hotel restaurang. She worked 12 hours 6 days a week and got 8.000 baht per month plus free food.

Her sister had a farrang boyfriend and spoke very good English. She worked as receptionist in a Bangkok hotel and earned 15.000 baht per month.

Not surprising that bar/agogo work is popular when the pay for normal jobs is that low.

Salary in a 7/11 is around 25Bht an hour ... versus 2000Bht for a one hour ST in a gogo ... for many it's an easy choice .  

Hi,

depending on the hotel Brand as well on the position here are some salary examples:

Receptionist: 10.000-15.000 

Waitress: 10.000

Housekeeping: 8.000-10.000

Manager / Supervisor: 12.000 -15.000

On top there is the possibility to get the service charge which is common in better and big hotels.

I chatted with a TG and she had previously worked as waitress in a Pattaya hotel restaurang. She worked 12 hours 6 days a week and got 8.000 baht per month plus free food.

Her sister had a farrang boyfriend and spoke very good English. She worked as receptionist in a Bangkok hotel and earned 15.000 baht per month.

Not surprising that bar/agogo work is popular when the pay for normal jobs is that low.

The hours seem about right, but that salary seems a little high for a waitress. It's been my impression that most employers take tips into consideration when it comes to waitresses' and bartender's compensation.

I guess it depends on the business, but I know waitresses whose actually salary is closer to 4,000 or 5,000 baht a month, but they usually do well on tips, taking that money home every day.

The hours seem about right, but that salary seems a little high for a waitress. It's been my impression that most employers take tips into consideration when it comes to waitresses' and bartender's compensation.

I guess it depends on the business, but I know waitresses whose actually salary is closer to 4,000 or 5,000 baht a month, but they usually do well on tips, taking that money home every day.

She was working in a hotel restaurang and like most in Pattaya that restaurang was empty most time. She got some tips in pool bar and room service.

Hi,

depending on the Hotel Brand as well on the position here are some salary examples:

Receptionist: 10.000-15.000 

Waitress: 10.000

Housekeeping: 8.000-10.000

Manager / Supervisor: 12.000 -15.000

On top there is the possibility to get the service charge which is common in better and big hotels.

Not much money to send home to mama, papa and baby with those wages.

Archived