IGNORED

Upper respiratory infection every trip

kakebur

Many of you saying its the aircon.

I was thinking about it and I believe it could be it too. The reason why people tend to get sick on the airplane is of the dry air which dries you out. If you not drink enough its much more easier for virusses to gain ground in these circumstances.

Now convert that to a night in your dry room with possibly dirty filters and you have been drinking alcohol all night which dries you out even more. Your ressistance is fucked by alcohol

I remember waking up many times with a sore throat and having to drink a lot in the day to make it go away. That will also be a trigger i guess

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It may not be infection, it could be allergy, next time try fexofenadine 180 mg a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Living sober,clean and staying away from loose women doesn't make a man live any longer. It just fucking feels like it.

See its used for hay fever. Im not hay fever sufferer.

My prob is in the breathing area in throat caughing up nasty green shit making u feel sick for a week

Also thoughts about swimming at pattaya beach, can you get sick from that water going in your nose and mouth?

It isnt the cleanesr water

The sea in Pattaya bay is filthy.

I can't believe so many people are stupid enough to swim in it.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

fexofenadine is a antihistamine so helps more than one type of allergy.

I use to always get a sore throat after a week or two with aircon at night. I now try to find a hotel with a ceiling fan as well as aircon. Only use the ceiling fan while I sleep. Don't have any issues anymore.

Next time get a can of disinfectant spray and spray lots of it into the aircon while it is running. It would help if you removed that filter before doing so. You might want to clean the filter while it is out.

not read every reply, but is it easy to clean the aircon or could the condo owner get t done for you if you asked?

I'm not in agreement it is caused by aircon.   I used to have the same problem.  I'd get a chest infection every trip.  Then I quit smoking.  And got a pneumonia shot. Since then nada.  

IMO it is caused by a large number of germs floating about, and your immune system.  All of course compromised if you are a smoker.  And the raw lungs of a smoker have less protection.

But no reason to NOT make sure the AC unit is clean and trying to keep your hands clean.  Consider if you ride baht buses there are people also holding the rails who have TB and every imaginable germ.  Washing your hands will help.  Remember even thought Thailand isn't a 3rd world country, it borders two and has a lot of people from all over the world visit.  Opportunistic infections abound.  

The above opinion is worth whatever value you wish to give it.   :GoldenSmile1:

Also thoughts about swimming at pattaya beach, can you get sick from that water going in your nose and mouth?

It isnt the cleanesr water

Best to swim after the rain and the sewers over flow into the sea !!!

Best to swim after the rain and the sewers over flow into the sea !!!

If you dont have anything else to add than shit please stay away

I'm not sure it is the aircon, red herring i think. I cleaned my AC and since I've had 4 colds.

I think its picking up germs floating about, touching things and kissing etc different girls and bad luck.

Yep I go along with that completely, I've got green stuff coughing up I know exactly who I got it from who I stayed 3 days and never use Aircon this time of year. Just got overhead fan on 24/7

I try to use the the A/C as little as possible and when I do use it I keep it at 25 or higher.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and called me honey.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and took my money.

Last 3 trips to Pattaya had coughs/colds/sinusitis

so this trip I moved to Jomtien and no problems so far.First week stayed in Z by Zing down by soi 12

a quiet dead end Street so minimal traffic pollution.Now staying in a Guesthouse on soi 2 Jomtien another dead end Street minimal traffic I am not using the aircon just a fan the balcony Doors never closed,I feel great after 11 nights(so far).

IMHO get a North facing room with a balcony as high as possible, on a near as possible traffic free soi,

use the fan and not the aircon,don't use the towels

any where near your eyes in the massage ST places in fact lay your own towel where you lay your head.

Of course it goes without saying that you must avoid all contact with sex workers,don't smoke and avoid alcohol at all costs.cheers.

Air con definitely. When i stayed here once for 3 months i got a very bad respiratory infection. Took months to clear. I never sleep with the air con on now. If you are staying anywhere long term get the AC cleaned, even if you have to pay yourself.

This thread reminds me of the STD threads and the various ways people believe they can prevent gonorrhea

"Never had a problem with air con but breathing in all the smoke eventually gives me chest congestion after my trips. "

I now spend two months at a time there, after living there for many years, and I agree with you. I almost never use the air con, maybe 20 minutes to cool the room before sleep and then just fans. I ALWAYS get chest congestion on each visit, just as I had when I lived here. I do get an expectorant syrup from the pharmacy to break it up.

While i was ill x4 i noticed that i was very sensitive to smoke at the beach, all kinds of smells, then you start wondering about AC but i think its just because your lungs / system are very sensitive while ill. Now I'm fine, not bothered much about smoke or AC.

1) clean ac it filter in shower under hot water

2) carry hand sanitiser and use regularly throughout the day

3) get a saline nasal spray, use twice a day, most important is use throughout long flights to stop mucas membranes drying in the nose.

Follow these 3 steps and it should greatly reduce your chance of respiratory issues, no#3 is the most important, if the nose days out bacteria and virus can easily enter into your system.

I don't get sick in Pattaya or BKK any more often than when I fly to other places. I've always blamed the recycled air on the flight.

There is also the effect of being in an international city. I've noticed that the incidence of colds and flu here in Sydney is much higher now as we have become more and more international.

I seem to get this every trip after about 1.5 weeks. In my home country im never sick.

Anyone having the same? Could it be the booze or aircon?

I'm the exact opposite. At home, I always get sick. I got tested for allergies and it always comes back clean. As soon as I go on a holiday, I feel better! [emoji23] [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Tapatalk

I have suffered from this condition both in Australia and  Bangkok. In Australia I think seasonal factors have been the cause as I generally got the problem of breathing difficulties and mucus at a certain time each year. In BKK I visited at various different times and felt the problem was due to pollution. Whilst I did consume the occasional grog or many I was not involved in spontaneuous pussy licking and tried to avoid the smoky venues if possible.

I now realise I am subsceptible to getting this medical problem and request my doctor to provide me with a prescription for the appropriate anti biotics ( and I apologise for not remembering the medical term for the drug). Prior to travel I have the prescription dispensed and take with me so that as soon as the symptoms become evident I begin the course of antibiotics.

Thankfully I have not suffered the problem the last few years in Australia but always take the medication when visiting Thailand,

I'm not in agreement it is caused by aircon.   I used to have the same problem.  I'd get a chest infection every trip.  Then I quit smoking.  And got a pneumonia shot. Since then nada.  

:

Agree 100% exactly the same circumstances as me.

Archived