Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Which qatar plane better for economy Doha-Bangkok route

Ferandosludge

Never flown qatar or been to pattaya before, but I'm finding it hard to pass up $514 us roundtrip economy special. I would be on a-350 Philadelphia to Doha both ways but have a choice between a 777-300er and a380-800 on the Doha to Bangkok legs. Any feedback on which aircraft is the better option in economy? Appreciate all responses.

Decent enough airline - I've flown them twice and will be again in April.  I've flown the Thai A380 and loved it - amazing aircraft.

Given the choice I'd go the A380 every time. Have a great trip!

Never flown qatar or been to pattaya before, but I'm finding it hard to pass up $514 us roundtrip economy special. I would be on a-350 Philadelphia to Doha both ways but have a choice between a 777-300er and a380-800 on the Doha to Bangkok legs. Any feedback on which aircraft is the better option in economy? Appreciate all responses.

For me depends on timings. Shortest layover possible and get to LOS asap. Qatar has multiple daily flights, but 380 if all same same. My advice: Be careful on transit times as sitting in airports is no fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A380 will generally have wider seats than the 777, no matter what airline. That's just because it is the largest passenger plane currently flying. In this case, you'll see 18.5 inches wide on the A380 vs 17 on most of the 777. An inch and a half actually makes a huge difference for a longhaul flight, so I'd say the A380 is the go-to. You may also see a bit more leg room as well. You'll have the added benefit of feeling like you're in a flying movie theater given how large the Y cabin is on most of these planes.

Just keep in mind that if you get a seat towards the back of the plane, you might want to ensure you have enough time to clear your connections. Just de-planing an A380 can take up to twice as long as a 777, depending on how many jet bridges they use. I actually had to tell the FA about how close I was cutting it once. She allowed me to walk through the already cleared upper deck to skip the economy line. I think I would have been waiting over 20 minutes to to clear economy, and that is after waiting for business and first to clear out. 

I prefer A380 because of the wider seats. The latest qatar 777-300er version3 have the same seats as the A380. Check out https://www.seatguru.com/for more info

Keep in mind that a 777, even with the same seats, will have hull curvature more so than the A380 that has the Y class on the lower level. That means window seats will have slightly less shoulder and head space due to the hull curve, were as the A380 has more of a flatter window side wall. The A380 curves a bit more on the upper deck with business class, but those seats tend to be further away from the window anyway.  

Has to be the A380's the best i always choose to sit upstairs in Economy better seating all round

has 2-4-2 seating and seems to be more room but not many seats.

Some of the 777s are 18.5" width 3-3-3 configuration (nearly all airlines have moved to 3-4-3 now).

A380 should be 3-4-3 but 18.5"

Upstairs on the A380 nailed on. Great little small section at the back only around 30 odd seats. So quiet up there

Thanks for all the feedback. Went with the 380 and signed up for their privilege card hoping to get upstairs seating. I thought the sale price of $514 US roundtrip Philadelphia to Bangkok was very reasonable. For the privilege card I was rewarded 2,000 miles for my first online booking and 5,160 miles for the ticket X2 with their festival promotion for a total of 12,320 miles. onwards and upwards, in more ways than one! Thanks again.

Archived