IGNORED

Sutus Court, Soi Buakhao - Cockroach problem in zone 5 rooms

RAF Everett

I stayed at Sutus Court in November 2016. I chose one of the ZONE 5 rooms. These are the older style cheaper rooms near the Soi Lengkee entrance. 

On the first night of my stay, I went out at around 7pm and came back to the room at 3.00am. As I switched the light on, all I could see was cockroaches in and around the bathroom area. Because of the time, I got rid of them and reported the matter to reception the next afternoon. I was told by reception, that as the hotel wasn't busy, I could change room which I agreed to do.

I went out for the evening and returned around 3.30am. As I put my key in the door, I could feel a crunching sound under my feet. I put the light on and once again, there were cockroaches in four different areas of the room. There was even one on the bed. The next morning, I demanded to speak to the hotel Manager. I was introduced to a Thai man by the name of ART. I told him about my experience of the previous two nights; his response was "IF YOU PAY FOR A CHEAP ROOM WHAT DO YOU EXPECT". 

At this I informed him that I would be leaving the hotel and that I would be writing about my experiences on the internet. He replied " DO WHAT YOU LIKE, WE WILL ALWAYS GET CUSTOMERS". I had paid for three nights when I checked in, but only stayed two. They refused to refund me any money despite my experiences in their rooms.

If you don't want to go home with cockroach eggs in your suitcases my advice is to avoid Sutus Court, Zone 5.

Amazing and harmless little creatures (unless you are allergic).

Too bad they get such a bad rap in western cultures.

You did the right thing mate but to be honest there are plenty of reviews on the place , better to do more research in the future!!

Least they didn't put you in the room with bed bugs and the rats scurrying around in the ceiling......

They've been pulling that trick for years to get you to upgrade to more expensive rooms......

Everett you only have 6 post which tells me your new to pattaya, to be honest you'll be lucky if you find a cheap hotel in a hot country without roaches. In Cambodia I've seen workers in drains covered in roaches they just brush them off when they finish.

Me no daft, me no silly, me wear condom on my Willy.

Although a very cheap room is not a guarantee of much poorer conditions, I still think you get what you pay for most of the time

Everett you only have 6 post which tells me your new to pattaya, to be honest you'll be lucky if you find a cheap Hotel in a hot country without roaches. In Cambodia I've seen workers in drains covered in roaches they just brush them off when they finish.

I have have 10 plus posts, does that make me new to Pattaya?

I know it's not something you want to have to do but there is a plug-in device that can be bought that lets off a high frequency sound that's undetectable by human ears but absolutely excruciating to rodents, crawling bugs, cats and dogs.

Had to buy one in Lanzarote a few years ago as I had the odd cockroach pay me a visit a few times in my room. Once I plugged the device in I didn't see them again. That was in a 4* plus hotel too the place was immaculate but I think because it was situated next to a Lemon & Lime grove it had a small pest problem.

The device only cost about €20 and it worked a treat. Not even a cat would bother to walk past my ground floor room after that :)

Everett you only have 6 post which tells me your new to pattaya, to be honest you'll be lucky if you find a cheap Hotel in a hot country without roaches. In Cambodia I've seen workers in drains covered in roaches they just brush them off when they finish.

I love it when people judge someone by the amount of posts they have made on PA

In Cambodia I've seen workers in drains covered in roaches they just brush them off when they finish.

Bit like a shag at the Sutus Court then?

Amazing and harmless little creatures (unless you are allergic).

Too bad they get such a bad rap in western cultures.

Whether they are harmless or not, they are horrible insidious creatures.

Walked into a quite nice and well located S Lengkee guest house 2 years ago seeking a place to stay. Room was spacious and fairly well upholstered, checked the WIFI, it was good, not too near any noisy bars, and the price was reasonable too. Was just about to go back down to reception to do the deal when I happened to see this huge black crawling thing making its way across the room. The maid who was guiding me noticed my look and casually twatted the roach with a broom head.

Fuck that, and off I fucked too. Can`t bear the sight of them in the street - never mind my room..

,, if life is a ball can someone please lend me a pump quick ,,,

If your in a cheap hotel room with an infestation of cockroaches crawling all over you and your bed what you do is get your bedsheet and cocoon your self in it so they can't get inside.

Edited the title in small caps, you don't need to scream to tell us your misadventure.

as for the subject, it's remind me the China Garden issue in Soi Lengkee too, the previous owner spent thousands of baht with private company to eradicate cockroaches without any success.... this Soi must be avoid.

Warm and damp............. cockroaches love that......... and that sums up Pattaya.

They are par for the course, I am afraid, in tropical climes.  Keeping them under control IMO, the best way is those plug in things.... it pisses of rodents as well... no traps... no dead bodies... no chemicals.

BTW OP, I was always under the impression that Sutus Court wasn't flash...  a bit of research, and digging a bit deeper into your wallet, and you will find plenty of cocky free rooms around the place..

Whether they are harmless or not, they are horrible insidious creatures.

Walked into a quite nice and well located S Lengkee guest house 2 years ago seeking a place to stay. Room was spacious and fairly well upholstered, checked the WIFI, it was good, not too near any noisy bars, and the price was reasonable too. Was just about to go back down to reception to do the deal when I happened to see this huge black crawling thing making its way across the room. The maid who was guiding me noticed my look and casually twatted the roach with a broom head.

Fuck that, and off I fucked too. Can`t bear the sight of them in the street - never mind my room..

I could certainly understand such a reaction if the room was infested with a far more sinister and potentially deadly insect. One that will attack you while you sleep and the fatal bite often painless.

Watch out for these in Thailand as they are quite common and listed as the most deadly animal in the world, by a very large margin:

image.jpeg

I could certainly understand such a reaction if the room was infested with a far more sinister and potentially deadly insect. One that will attack you while you sleep and the fatal bite often painless.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

What insect is that Whalley?

,, if life is a ball can someone please lend me a pump quick ,,,

Those are the complimentary snacks.

Mosquito

What's its name?

Sheila.....the females are the buggers to watch out for....

Not so in Thailand.

My friend says transgender mosquitos are more aggressive and out perform their female counterparts when it comes to sucking you dry.

Edited the title in small caps, you don't need to scream to tell us your misadventure.

as for the subject, it's remind me the China Garden issue in Soi Lengkee too, the previous owner spent thousands of baht with private company to eradicate cockroaches without any success.... this Soi must be avoid.

Stayed several times in La Cerise, which is now The Haven on soi Lenkee. Clean as a whistle...no trace of creepy crawlies.

Archived