IGNORED

Bay Breeze-Soi Honey

Clem Fandango

Good day troops, I have had a look on the forum and reviews on the above mentioned hotel are from a few years back.

I'm sure BMs have stayed in it lately. Anyone wish to give there opinion.

I like that it's central and on bhat bus route, pool seems small but adequate for cooling down.

So I'm thinking I may book it. However interested to hear people's views on it 1st. I did read that the safes are at reception none in the rooms??

Any other options people would like the throw out for the £30 mark would be appreciated.

Like this end of town as stayed never by in August.

Joe

I was there last year after Songkran. It is ok. A little bit dated. There are room safes I recall. The pool is also on the 4th or 5th floor so you only get direct sun a couple hours a day (buildings block it).

The Scenery City next door is the same price. I didn't stay, but I took a look at the rooms for future holidays. It is brand new. There was a complaint here about safe theft though. The only problem is that the pool is on the ground floor and gets zero sun.

Thanks for the feedback I felt the bay breeze was slightly dated from photos.

This D hotel looks grand,new,clean,huge pool and much cheaper. It's location isn't so bad either.

Cheers troops

Dependant on time of the year, but have seen the renovated/new Deluxe balcony rooms at the Bay Breeze advertised for around the thb1500 per. nite range (on agoda) - also the Maytara located straight across second road at the top of soi 10, can be had for a couple of hundred baht less...gets great reviews for the most part & has small pool(s) as well.

Just booked the D hotel. 946 bhat a night in a superior room.

I will do a review on it once I am there and post it up.

Just booked the D Hotel. 946 bhat a night in a superior room.

I will do a review on it once I am there and post it up.

Have a look on you tube for reviews.

Have a look on you tube for reviews.

Just had a look on you tube it's looks perfect to me.

I read some good reviews about The Moonlight Place on Soi Honey, its only around 900 baht per night and just a 2 min. walk to LK Metro.

Just had a look on you tube it's looks perfect to me.

I thought the place was spot on when I stayed there in October, good size fridge, comfortable bed, 2 seater leather chair, sink in room and clothes maiden on the balcony. good lighting in the bathroom, decent TV and channels, good and quiet aircon and fan too. safe in room, hot water pot and free coffee. (No shampoo or soap in bathroom but that is a minor thing as i prefer to bring my own, maybe buy a nice shower gel for the ladies is my advice)

The lobby has a decent if modest (in menu) place to eat, room srvice (but only till about 10ish if i recall) beers and juices in the fridge in the lobby at reasonable prices too. microwave next to the lift if you want to heat up some takeout as well.

get a good yet cheap massage over the road from patty, lovely hard working lady. Also cheap to get washing done opposite the entrance.

If you want to get to central road it is a 100 yards on the right from the soi entrance, want 2nd road? Just walk forward from the soi up past the white picket cafe that does British food.

I thought the place was spot on when I stayed there in October, good size fridge, comfortable bed, 2 seater leather chair, sink in room and clothes maiden on the balcony. good lighting in the bathroom, decent TV and channels, good and quiet aircon and fan too. safe in room, hot water pot and free coffee. (No shampoo or soap in bathroom but that is a minor thing as i prefer to bring my own, maybe buy a nice shower gel for the ladies is my advice)

The lobby has a decent if modest (in menu) place to eat, room srvice (but only till about 10ish if i recall) beers and juices in the fridge in the lobby at reasonable prices too. microwave next to the lift if you want to heat up some takeout as well.

get a good yet cheap massage over the road from patty, lovely hard working lady. Also cheap to get washing done opposite the entrance.

If you want to get to central road it is a 100 yards on the right from the soi entrance, want 2nd road? Just walk forward from the soi up past the white picket cafe that does British food.

Oh yeah it has everything I could want. I have booked a superior room so will get a view from my balcony. I went on street view and have a move around the whole area. Down new Plaza to 2nd road Soi 7/8 across from that. I'm well chuffed with this booking. Pool looks tremendous as well.

Is it your video review I was watching?

Oh yeah it has everything I could want. I have booked a superior room so will get a view from my balcony. I went on street view and have a move around the whole area. Down new Plaza to 2nd road Soi 7/8 across from that. I'm well chuffed with this booking. Pool looks tremendous as well.

Is it your video review I was watching?

Not my video, but watched it myself before booking, I had what looked like the exact same room in the video. I'm due back in Patts shortly but there  were no rooms left for my dates. I hear the D apartments whilst a bit older in the soi behind the D hotel are good too.

I read some good reviews about The Moonlight Place on Soi Honey, its only around 900 baht per night and just a 2 min. walk to LK Metro.

Didnt like it that much.In that price range H boutique much better imho.

Btw the cheaper rooms in Moonlight dont have a fridge( at least not 2 years ago).

Stayed there in December, room is spacious but bathroom was a mess.

- No electrical outlet near the bed to plug your phone. Had to use one next to TV

- Shower head is fixed and cannot be adjusted.

- Shower tub design was pathetic, every shower will cause water on the floor and wet the toilet seat.

- Kinda run down bathroom.

However, the room window opens so you can get fresh air. Bed was comfortable and had a couch and table in the room.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Archived