IGNORED

Sunshine Hotel and Residencies

Mr-wrong

Hi Guys,

Done a search on here but no previous thread's found. Anyone stayed at the above? If so is it decent, ok with bar girls and walking distance of Soi 6/Walking St.

Cheers

I've stayed there about 6 years ago. Decent rooms, with nice showers. It had been recently refurbished then. Its fairly a central location and no joiner feed. It's 10-15 mins walk to Soi 6 and Walking Street and only 10 baht on the baht bus. The only issue I had was lots of music playing in soi 8... Also there are rooms surrounding the pool area. So I was unfortunate to have music keeping me up in the night and early swimmers with their TG waking me up in the mornings. I checked out after nights....

Make sure u do not get a room by the pool and maybe soi 8 is quieter now than 6 years ago.

Had a look at this place a few times on Agoda wouldn't mind some reviews from BMs.

Don't mind a bit of noise I like to be in the thick of the action.

Can you see the sea from any of their rooms?

Sunshine is okay for a dated, mid-low range hotel.  I've stayed there (in the Residence wing) dozens of times.  Aside from the noise (which isn't so bad on the higher floors), the last couple of visits I've had to live with low water pressure and fluctuating water temperatures in the shower - this could be because I was near the top floor, but it is a recent development over the last year or so.  Other than that, it's a fine stay for B1000-B1500 per night.

If you want a better experience with your "date"... read, learn, live the following:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/22263-vetting-bar-girls-and-how-to-pass-their-own-vett

I know 2 of the girls at reception who worked there up until new years it main customers are from India as it is Indian owned I believe and can be noisy in the mornings

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed there in March 2015.

I found the sunshine to be pretty great and a nice location for both soi 8 or soi 7 for the beer bars. Soi 6, Walking Street and LK Metro are a bit far to walk but its kinda centrally located from them all.

I wasent bothered by noise personally. I found the rooms to be clean. They are very girl friendly and they always checked my safety by calling me when a girl was leaving before they gave her, her ID back, just making sure she didnt steal or something. (I found this a nice touch)

I am going back to pattaya in a few weeks and there is a good chance I will stay at sunshine again.

• 4 months later...

I concur with most of the other reviews here.  I've stayed there 4 times.  Clean rooms, friendly staff, great location! Reasonable prices. It's kind of centrally located between Soi 6, WS, LK etc.  Great for someone like me who likes different activities.  Also, soi 7 & 8 have alot going on most nights. Also half way between beach and 2nd roads, so convenient to catch the baht bus going either direction. I was never bothered by the music or noise, maybe it's a question of room placement.  Central Festival is a few minutes walk, which is nice for shopping and food options. 

Archived