IGNORED

New Yamaha Aerox 155cc

ingo67

Bought a blue R model in the end, and guess what I love it. Still running it in, but its certainly got some poke, handles really well due to low C of G and large tyres. Under seat storage of 25 litres is massive - full face helmet plus quite a bit more. Subjectively i think it looks sensational, much larger than a Click but not as fat as a PCX.

Downside, pillion seat is small and pegs are high so not brilliant if you have a regular passenger, and knee room for lanky blokes could be a little tight because of the way the left side inner fairing is shaped for a storage comparment (the right side is recessed for the ignition.

Price was 71,700 bht including normal on road expenses plus 2 year theft insurance.

2017-02-25 15.11.02 (Medium).jpg

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loved the Aerox I noticed it wasn't a step=though frame. No go.

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

^ You have to throw your leg over the seat to mount the motorbike, like a big bike whereas on a step-through (most 125cc automatics) frame the floor between your feet is almost flat so you can just pull you leg through the gap between the front fairing and the seat to dismont. The step-through also allows you to hang shopping bags from a hook below the gauges where a bike which isn't a step-though will have a higher backbone frame that may not allow hanging bags from a hook. 

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

3 hours ago, ingo67 said:

Bought a blue R model in the end, and guess what I love it. Still running it in, but its certainly got some poke, handles really well due to low C of G and large tyres. Under seat storage of 25 litres is massive - full face helmet plus quite a bit more. Subjectively i think it looks sensational, much larger than a Click but not as fat as a PCX.

Downside, pillion seat and pegs are high so not brilliant if you have a regular passenger, and knee room for lanky blokes could be a little tight because of the way the left side inner fairing is shaped for a storage comparment (the right side is recessed for the ignition.

Price was 71,700 bht including normal on road expenses plus 2 year theft insurance.

2017-02-25 15.11.02 (Medium).jpg

exactly a killer bike....love it

49 minutes ago, likeaking said:

^ You have to throw your leg over the seat to mount the motorbike, like a big bike whereas on a step-through (most 125cc automatics) frame the floor between your feet is almost flat so you can just pull you leg through the gap between the front fairing and the seat to dismont. The step-through also allows you to hang shopping bags from a hook below the gauges where a bike which isn't a step-though will have a higher backbone frame that may not allow hanging bags from a hook. 

you can step through easily.   also a place for a hook but no hook.  gotta buy one

On 11/04/2017 at 7:54 AM, just hanging said:

i waited 5 weeks becasue it is new and many wanted them.   Parts will be available, what part of new are you missing

you really think there are no many Yamaha nuvo's here, really? Now I am not saying there are more Yamaha, I dont know, but your saying there are more Honda, prove it

Yes you had to wait for it and yes spares will be available but Honda spares will be more available for they are more popular than Yamaha.

Honda spares are official and unofficial for the copy makers have large market for them.

Vociferously defending your selection is unnecessary for it was your money that made the purchase though you make posts of this tone

It is good for you to remember that when people hold different opinions it is not a personal attack upon you, for you have forgotten this or have failure in comprehending it.

On 13/04/2017 at 2:31 AM, likeaking said:

Step-throughs are definitely more practical with the flat floor but are compromised on rigidity and C of G. An aftermarket shopping hook I have bought allows a couple of bags to hang each side of the backbone frame

3 hours ago, ingo67 said:

Step-throughs are definitely more practical with the flat floor but are compromised on rigidity and C of G. An aftermarket shopping hook I have bought allows a couple of bags to hang each side of the backbone frame

yes this makes it much more rigid, a tight bike for sure

please send a pic of those hooks installed.  thanks

Keen to buy one of these, love the idea of smart key on a scooter but smart key is only on the ABS models and it seems they only come in two colours; dull and duller :) Is that right or does anyone know i the ABS version now has some different colour schemes?

I will hold off getting one until such time. ingo67 thanks for posting the hook photo, looks good.... big disadvantage that non step-throughs have but that would definitely help. 

On 4/12/2017 at 5:48 PM, gimmesum said:

I wouldn't worry too much about the abs.  Your pcx does not have it but has the ridiculous combi brake which is downright dangerous in my opinion as it puts too much emphasis on the front brake in emerncy situations.   The big tires on the aerox should stop it just fine. I like the bike.  Anyone know where I can rent for a day or try one out? 

I agree. A year or so ago i was comparing the Honda PCX vs. Yamaha N Max.  In the USA, i had a Honda with the combi brake and didn't like it and here i wanted a bike with ABS since i sometimes ride when the roads are wet, so i bought an N Max w/ABS.

This new Yamaha Aerox continues with the ABS which i know in 99% of riding situations will not be of benefit, but it's that 1% that some of us wish to benefit.

In comparing this new Yamaha Aerox vs. the older N Max, could a new owner tell me if the rear suspension is as 'hard' as the older model?  Otherwise, i like the power and transmission of the older N Max, but just had mine trucked to the village as i now look for a new bike in Pattaya :).

(New Honda Rebel also has ABS option!!)

P.S. When purchasing any major brand such as: Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, BMW, Ducati, HD, etc... we reach a point of mass availability for parts, service and support knowledge.  After design and engineering, the bigger variable becomes the local dealership management...IMHO :).

12 hours ago, fearless butterfly said:

Keen to buy one of these, love the idea of smart key on a scooter but smart key is only on the ABS models and it seems they only come in two colours; dull and duller :) Is that right or does anyone know i the ABS version now has some different colour schemes?

Agree the ABS model colours are really boring; int Thailand that is your only choice; maybe new model year 2018 Yamaha will bring out better colours

On 12/04/2017 at 11:48 AM, gimmesum said:

Anyone know where I can rent for a day or try one out? 

Saw one for rent outside the very small opticians next to the 7/11 besides the night food market.on Soi Buakhao - Black and Yellow R model.

I'd definitely buy one of these when/ if I moved back.

Still got my 2010 Fi Honda Air Blade in Pattaya, kept it as I like that style and I didn't like the newer options.

This new bike looks perfect.

:)

15 hours ago, fearless butterfly said:

I will hold off getting one until such time. ingo67 thanks for posting the hook photo, looks good.... big disadvantage that non step-throughs have but that would definitely help. 

only the top one has that.   get the blue middle range one, great bike, fast, great storage, they only downside is no hook and that can be added

one thing, if you have two farangs on it then it does bottom out, if they are big. Mine did last night but still okay.  My friend added heavy spring shock option for 4,000 baht, which I will now do.  girl on the back no problem

On 4/19/2017 at 6:43 AM, davethailand said:

I'd definitely buy one of these when/ if I moved back.

Still got my 2010 Fi Honda Air Blade in Pattaya, kept it as I like that style and I didn't like the newer options.

This new bike looks perfect.

:)

hey for now just put a 90 size on the front and 100 on the back and your airblade is reborn as a scaled down aerox 

• 1 month later...

my mate just swapped his 3 month old  pcx for one .new bike  looks a bit cheap to me ,

On 06/06/2017 at 6:56 PM, MalcolmT said:

my mate just swapped his 3 month old  pcx for one .new bike  looks a bit cheap to me ,

Certainly cheaper than the PCX, 65k vs 95k.

On 6/6/2017 at 6:56 PM, MalcolmT said:

great motorbike

On 3/19/2017 at 11:26 AM, just hanging said:

I have one, great bike and highly recommended.   Bit smaller than the PCX and a lot easier to handle, large tires for safety and very fast.   I love mine and so do my friends that have one.   I got the one in the middle.

For parking at eg the 'Cage' Soi 14 what do they class each as, 30 Baht or 50 Baht......I think they class the PCX as Big Bike?

Could add up to  over 7k/year difference for you.

1 minute ago, Edge said:

For parking at eg the 'Cage' Soi 14 what do they class each as, 30 Baht or 50 Baht......I think they class the PCX as Big Bike?

Could add up to  over 7k/year difference for you.

marine seafood, 30 baht like all the bikes, cept for my big one

6 hours ago, just hanging said:

great motorbike

sorry i forgot to say ,he finds it great. so am not going to argue with your comment

5 hours ago, just hanging said:

marine seafood, 30 baht like all the bikes, cept for my big one

yes pcx is classed as big bike .and the yam isnt ? look pretty much the same size to me

7 hours ago, chris2004 said:

Certainly cheaper than the PCX, 65k vs 95k.

really ?   i thought in the same price bracket ? .peoples comments have changed my opinion on the bike.might even sell my yr old pcx and get one .i will go have a look. 

Archived