IGNORED

New Yamaha Aerox 155cc

ingo67

Just picked up a brochure today for the new Yamaha Aerox 155cc from the large Mityon Showroom on Pattaya Tai / 3rd Road.

Its based on the N Max, so is a 155cc, but IMO looks a bit more sporty.

Lady at Mityon said they would have stock by the end of the week (about 20th Jan 17) and the cost would be from 64k to 70k approx. There are three specs - Standard, R, and ABS.

Looks pretty hot for a scooter.

Photos of brochure below;

20170116_153611 (Medium).jpg

20170116_153623 (Medium).jpg

20170116_153628 (Medium).jpg

20170116_153637 (Medium).jpg

20170116_153643 (Medium).jpg

20170116_153652 (Medium).jpg

20170116_153701 (Medium).jpg

20170116_153709 (Medium).jpg

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you buy one make sure you pick up a good lock, as the bike thieves will be after it.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

Daryle

This is in the Price Range of a PCX...Storage space is what is very Desirable...

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

they dont

If you buy one make sure you pick up a good lock, as the bike thieves will be after it.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

They dont worry about locks they hunt as a team and simply lift them on to the back of a pick up some of them actually wear false mechanic outfits and a customer waiting to  spirit the parts away.

This is in the Price Range of a PCX...Storage space is what is very Desirable...

A 2017 model PCX (with the gold wheels and the orange plastics) is now 87,000 Baht - plus another 3,500 Baht "on the road" charges....

And a H2C model PCX (with a few bits or orange bling on it) comes out at 92,000 B (plus on the road)....

I saw an Aerox in the flesh yesterday - its sensational !

Its got more power and wider wheels / tyres than a PCX and more nimble...

A sure fire winner in my book (and i'm on my 4th PCX) ...

20170114_115142.jpg

20170114_132901.jpg

• 1 month later...

I was just in the same dealership (Pattaya Tai and 3rd road) looking at bikes and saw these new Yamahas.  

If I recall correctly the base model was priced around 67-68K baht with the top model at around 73K bt.  I was told the price of a PCX was 90Kbt.  When I asked why the Honda was so much more they said the Honda sells better (TIT).  

I have had Hondas my whole life and am a bit biased, but given the difference in price, sportier styling (subjective I know), and various other features (bigger wheels and tires) I would probably buy the Yamaha.

Women Are Like Elephants. I Like to Look At Em. But I Wouldn't Want to Own One. - WC Fields

Just my usual warning :- if you rely on medical cover from travel insurance it is very unlikely you will be covered for over 125c. Check the EXCLUSIONS section for info. 

On 13/03/2017 at 4:26 AM, Carl123 said:

I was just in the same dealership (Pattaya Tai and 3rd road) looking at bikes and saw these new Yamahas.  

If I recall correctly the base model was priced around 67-68K baht with the top model at around 73K bt.  I was told the price of a PCX was 90Kbt.  When I asked why the Honda was so much more they said the Honda sells better (TIT).  

I have had Hondas my whole life and am a bit biased, but given the difference in price, sportier styling (subjective I know), and various other features (bigger wheels and tires) I would probably buy the Yamaha.

Don't forget ABS on the top Yamaha, a massive advantage over the PCX.

I have one, great bike and highly recommended.   Bit smaller than the PCX and a lot easier to handle, large tires for safety and very fast.   I love mine and so do my friends that have one.   I got the one in the middle.

On ‎16‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 5:51 PM, tweedle-dee said:

They dont worry about locks they hunt as a team and simply lift them on to the back of a pick up

some of them actually wear false mechanic outfits and a customer waiting to  spirit the parts away.

Happens the same way in many (most?) countries... :(

Some people install an alarm that is triggered when the bike is moved.

• 4 weeks later...

I saw the base model(63k) and it still has the abs pickup fitted on the front wheel, maybe an option??

first class insurance pays for a new one if you have both keys.  most places give you your first year free

Will not keep value for resale but PCX will better.

Also for parts away from major cities may be problematic unlike PCX

Just now, Balee said:

Will not keep value for resale but PCX will better.

Also for parts away from major cities may be problematic unlike PCX

555 where do you get your info?

2 minutes ago, just hanging said:

555 where do you get your info?

Which is major brand in Thailand by distance Honda or Yamaha ?

Resale is reflection of popularity also I advise you ask Thai people which is preferred of them.

I read you have Aero and are happy this is good but confer with Thais for there choice for that will be majority of purchases and thus spares distribution.

yep, not more than millions of Yamaha here, I get your point

I can see how parts are hard to get since I had to wait 5 weeks to get my bike, so many back orders.   Keep drinking that tea but you should check it first

3 minutes ago, just hanging said:

yep, not more than millions of Yamaha here, I get your point

I can see how parts are hard to get since I had to wait 5 weeks to get my bike, so many back orders.   Keep drinking that tea but you should check it first

You have ignored all the points I made for your answer and added confusion which is self generated by saying you had 5 weeks wait time for your bike.

My post was about obtaining spare parts, not new bikes and resale values, you have not experience or knowledge of either yet for your Aero.

Honda sell massively more bikes than Yamaha in Thailand which I said also.

I do not drink tea

With the exclusions of all these points I would agree with what you said

if you had said something.

You have purchased your Aero and are attempting to defend your choice, this is not necessary as I did not criticise it

I did only point out facts which exist even if you do not want to accept them

You are happy with your Aero and do not need to defend your choice of it but if you feel you must please do so with logic and rationality..

i waited 5 weeks becasue it is new and many wanted them.   Parts will be available, what part of new are you missing

you really think there are no many Yamaha nuvo's here, really? Now I am not saying there are more Yamaha, I dont know, but your saying there are more Honda, prove it

I did all the research on this bike.  I currently have two PCX love them but didn't realized they have gone up that much. For years the price sat at 78,000 baht,  Every bike I've purchased has been a Honda, still have them all, 2007 Click, 2012 125 Wave.  To be honest not sure if my PCX 2013-14 PCX has ABS?

Two weeks ago, I also went down the Mityon 3rd. Quoted 3 models at 63, 66, 73, between the 10 baht aside from the ABS brakes not sure if the top model is worth the difference especially if you can't get the color you want if you buy the top model. Each model has it's own colors, and the one I wanted the Pearl white only comes in the standard and they have two whites colors. If my PCX has no ABS and I'm happy with the stopping I don't see getting the top model since it doesn't come in the white I like.

The middle model, has the rear gas shocks and a different design front disc, the standard and top model has the same disc and shock. The top model comes with the keyless entry and idol stop. Both I can do without especially since I don't have it on my PCX and I don't use the idol stop since it drain my battery.

I like the sporty look especially the bigger tires the back one is 140/70-14  front 120/80,  I can get the standard model, my color, and kick out 3000 baht for a better pair of gas shocks for the back. The storage is large but smaller than the PCX.

Currently I have 3rd party insurance for my PCX, for a 150 cc,  being 155, not sure why because the premium gets higher after 150, I hear my Thai motorbike license might be invalid if I get the 155?  Got to check on that one.

Problem with the PCX, they haven't done anything with the design it still looks the same when they came out 125cc, but they are dependable but is it worth 90,000 plus, the NMax is only at 80,000?

I wouldn't worry too much about the abs.  Your pcx does not have it but has the ridiculous combi brake which is downright dangerous in my opinion as it puts too much emphasis on the front brake in emerncy situations.   The big tires on the aerox should stop it just fine. I like the bike.  Anyone know where I can rent for a day or try one out? 

23 hours ago, Exiled said:

I did all the research on this bike.  I currently have two PCX love them but didn't realized they have gone up that much. For years the price sat at 78,000 baht,  Every bike I've purchased has been a Honda, still have them all, 2007 Click, 2012 125 Wave.  To be honest not sure if my PCX 2013-14 PCX has ABS?

Two weeks ago, I also went down the Mityon 3rd. Quoted 3 models at 63, 66, 73, between the 10 baht aside from the ABS brakes not sure if the top model is worth the difference especially if you can't get the color you want if you buy the top model. Each model has it's own colors, and the one I wanted the Pearl white only comes in the standard and they have two whites colors. If my PCX has no ABS and I'm happy with the stopping I don't see getting the top model since it doesn't come in the white I like.

The middle model, has the rear gas shocks and a different design front disc, the standard and top model has the same disc and shock. The top model comes with the keyless entry and idol stop. Both I can do without especially since I don't have it on my PCX and I don't use the idol stop since it drain my battery.

I like the sporty look especially the bigger tires the back one is 140/70-14  front 120/80,  I can get the standard model, my color, and kick out 3000 baht for a better pair of gas shocks for the back. The storage is large but smaller than the PCX.

Currently I have 3rd party insurance for my PCX, for a 150 cc,  being 155, not sure why because the premium gets higher after 150, I hear my Thai motorbike license might be invalid if I get the 155?  Got to check on that one.

Problem with the PCX, they haven't done anything with the design it still looks the same when they came out 125cc, but they are dependable but is it worth 90,000 plus, the NMax is only at 80,000?

2 hours ago, gimmesum said:

I wouldn't worry too much about the abs.  Your pcx does not have it but has the ridiculous combi brake which is downright dangerous in my opinion as it puts too much emphasis on the front brake in emerncy situations.   The big tires on the aerox should stop it just fine. I like the bike.  Anyone know where I can rent for a day or try one out? 

Thanks,  My PCX brakes never had a problem. Rarely use the front hard since I don't much exceed 60 and have a good grasp of driving here so I usually slow down by just letting up.

I think both are good bikes and I guess it comes down to price and personal preference.

Specs of both

Archived