IGNORED

WiFi at Areca?

Redfield10

How is the wifi these days at Areca?  It's generally kind of sucked in the past. Just wondering as I will be there on the 25th on and off for a couple of weeks 

Thanks....

How is it out by the Evergreen pool as well as in the different towers?  

wifi at evergreen was a disgrace, at areca a little bit better. i rather upgrade my dtac mobile date volume from 3 to 5 gb a month then raging about this slow ass hotel wlan.

wifi at evergreen was a disgrace, at areca a little bit better. i rather upgrade my dtac mobile date volume from 3 to 5 gb a month then raging about this slow ass hotel wlan.

Yeah,might have to rely more on my mobile phone data plan...sucks they can't get this fixed. What the hell!!!  In fact, any good places close to Areca that has decent wifi within short walking distance?  

Yeah it was crap for me also but I got some sort of data from 7/11 and it's the only one they had . plus I had an old mobile. Planning on getting a good deal at one of the booths at the airport on arrival even if it takes 20 mins of my time up . since I upgraded my mobile in the UK my last mobile (4g) will be better. Trouble is I'm to keen to find my taxi and get to Pattaya asap and bypass these booths. Not this time.... He says (:

Yeah it was crap for me also but I got some sort of data from 7/11 and it's the only one they had . plus I had an old mobile. Planning on getting a good deal at one of the booths at the airport on arrival even if it takes 20 mins of my time up . since I upgraded my mobile in the UK my last mobile (4g) will be better. Trouble is I'm to keen to find my taxi and get to Pattaya asap and bypass these booths. Not this time.... He says (:

I have an international data plan that works almost anywhere in the world but it's very slow.  What's a good deal for a data plan in Thailand and where in the airport will it be found?  If I have a taxi already scheduled do I meet them first and then hit the data provider, and if so where?

I have an international data plan that works almost anywhere in the world but it's very slow.  What's a good deal for a data plan in Thailand and where in the airport will it be found?  If I have a taxi already scheduled do I meet them first and then hit the data provider, and if so where?

I am getting an ATT passport plan for my iPhone. I know there's cheaper ways to do this, but I hate the hassle. Are there other places around Areca that has decent wifi? I suppose coffee world in the little plaza out the back door of evergreen wing.

It was pretty fucked up when I stayed there last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Living sober,clean and staying away from loose women doesn't make a man live any longer. It just fucking feels like it.

I stayed there a year ago and it was bad.

I mentioned this to the reception many times, they turned the modem on & off etc...

In my review of the hotel, online & in the hotel I did mention that the wi fi was poor and it was the only thing harming an excellent hotel.

In typical style Thai management it's still not fixed a year later. How difficult would it be to fix it!? Ridiculous in 2017 but oh so very Thai.

November I stayed in the corona wing did various tests all around 1.8 -2 Meg. I am there in March will walk around with my pad and check around the pool's.

was in corona wing in January this year for about a week. Wifi was absolutely shit!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk

I have stayed at Areca a few times. Allways had problem with wifi being unreiable and slow. Otherwise a good hotel with nice pools. Latest trips i have rented a condo at vt6 and wifi is excellent.

It was pretty good for me was able to stream the nfl games on sling tv using my laptop I was there in November with that said they have cat 5 cables that you can plug in to your laptop to make it faster. If it's for a phone etc without a port then it might be slow.

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed in the Evergreen building in November. There was a router in my room, so no problems for me. Maybe the solution is to request a router at reception.

It was pretty good for me was able to stream the nfl games on sling tv using my laptop I was there in November with that said they have cat 5 cables that you can plug in to your laptop to make it faster. If it's for a phone etc without a port then it might be slow.

i was barely able to watch twitch on low settings, so that was really a bummer for me. of course you don't spend that much time in your hotel room whoring around in patts, but still it would be nice to have a decent connection. of course there is no incentive to improve anything, they are booked out pretty  much all year due to location and quality of accomodation.

i was barely able to watch twitch on low settings, so that was really a bummer for me. of course you don't spend that much time in your hotel room whoring around in patts, but still it would be nice to have a decent connection. of course there is no incentive to improve anything, they are booked out pretty  much all year due to location and quality of accomodation.

It may be do to room location because i was in the Evergreen section and it was fastest internet of the 4 hotel's i stayed in , The stay ,page 10 one of he sea me hotel's and of course the Areca.

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed in the evergreen super deluxe the wifi was fine i was able to streamm with a little buffering. Also the wifi unit was in my room so i would reboot it when it would be slow

Archived