Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Want to get in shape but don't know where to start!

Jonjon34

Some of the food I eat.

The first are from restaurants when I go out.

Rest I make myself.

20161228_203719.jpg

20161228_203841.jpg

20161230_165536.jpg

20170102_115623_wm.jpg

20170111_185046_wm.jpg

20170112_202835_wm.jpg

20170118_174742.jpg

I notice a lot of vegetables and meat but hardly any carbs how do you keep up your energy level?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get a rescue dog and walk it every day 40 minutes min.

start your day with 1 cup of cheerios.

lunch have a boiled egg sandwich grain toast no butter.. microwave the egg 3 minutes 20 seconds  in water.

Dinner- Fish and veg, lean pork and veg, turkey mince and veg...one baked potato allowed for each meal the rest green or colourful.

desert- diet mouse or die steamed pudding in a cup.

Plenty of water water water.

And no you can't drink 5 days a week and lose weight...it won't happen! trust me I've tried in the past.

You will need 2 weeks off alcohol in every month and 2 weeks on  being mindful of diet and consumption.

You will lose weight.

A good bit of advice i once heard is dont eat between meals,sounds obvious dosnt it,but so many people just cant help snacking!

I notice a lot of vegetables and meat but hardly any carbs how do you keep up your energy level?

On a keto diet, carbs are usually kept below 20 grams per day. What happens is your body adjusts to this lack of carbs by switching to burning fat, both from body stores and the fat you eat. The byproduct of this fat burning is production of ketones which your body uses for energy.

It takes a few days or so for your body to get used to this. You can read about it online.

Once you get used to it you can function quite well energy wise on a very low carb, high fat diet. There's also a sponsored ultra marathoner who is on a keto diet so its possible to even do endurance events on such a diet.

A good bit of advice i once heard is dont eat between meals,sounds obvious dosnt it,but so many people just can help snacking!

Very true and one of the reasons why it's so hard to lose weight and keep it off. When you have food lying around at home you start snacking, at work same same. All those calories creep up on you

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

Thanks Quota Man.

Thats exactly how it is.

Lots of good fats and I never lack energy.

Lb

Your diet is the #1 cause of your physical malaise. Thailand is a great place to eat healthy food of reasonable portion. Eat two meals per day, three meals is too much.

You can snack cucumber, tomato and that shit.

They are really low on kcal, if you feel the need to snack now and then.

You need to eat regularly Every 2 hours. Small portions ofcourse not a chicken cashew nut meal. It keeps your digestion going. Also you will feel less need of snack by eating regularly.

Thanks Quota Man.

Thats exactly how it is.

Lots of good fats and I never lack energy.

Lb

How long have you been on low carbs?

I was doing it for a few months before my Pattaya trip but stopped during my trip.

I might start back again.

You can snack cucumber, tomato and that shit.

They are really low on kcal, if you feel the need to snack now and then.

You need to eat regularly Every 2 hours. Small portions ofcourse not a chicken cashew nut meal. It keeps your digestion going. Also you will feel less need of snack by eating regularly.

I used to do the frequent meal thing until I read an article about meal frequency from a fitness website. The author noted that his fasting blood sugar level rose after being on a 6 meal per day plan popular with bodybuilders. The reason being, if you eat frequently, you are constantly dumping insulin into your system and eventually you start to develop insulin resistance. So now I try to keep meals apart by at least 4 hours, and 'fast' between my last meal of day and next, usually 12-16 hours.

Official Pattaya Song

I think low carb diets, although working short term are a big mistake in the long run.

Fact is that your body burns carbs (Sugars and starches) for energy more efficiently than fats.

Anyway, there's some interesting (if you're interested (-:) stuff I posted about it here. http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/307548-combating-weight-gain-in-thailand/?p=3879501

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

I think low carb diets, although working short term are a big mistake in the long run.

Fact is that your body burns carbs (Sugars and starches) for energy more efficiently than fats.

Anyway, there's some interesting (if you're interested (-:) stuff I posted about it here. http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/307548-combating-weight-gain-in-thailand/?p=3879501

As for me my daily goal is to consume less calories than I burn. My fitbit and myfitnesspal app has been a really useful tool so far

As for me my daily goal is to consume less calories than I burn. My fitbit and myfitnesspal app has been a really useful tool so far

And that is the simple truth that will work. Trust me....as someone who went from 310 lbs 15 years ago to a recent low of 173 (6'4"), it really is that simple. It's basic math....if Calories consumed < calories burned ---> you will loose weight. It takes will power, but it isn't rocket science.

BTW- the trap people who try and exercise it off fall into is that they often think that their calorie burn from exercise is much higher than it really is. The very rough rule of thumb for running, walking, or jogging is 100 to 150 calories/mile. Don't get me wrong, it helps and it has additional health benefits but it really is 80% diet + 20% exercise.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

And that is the simple truth that will work. Trust me....as someone who went from 310 lbs 15 years ago to a recent low of 173 (6'4"), it really is that simple. It's basic math....if Calories consumed < calories burned ---> you will loose weight. It takes will power, but it isn't rocket science.

BTW- the trap people who try and exercise it off fall into is that they often think that their calorie burn from exercise is much higher than it really is. The very rough rule of thumb for running, walking, or jogging is 100 to 150 calories/mile. Don't get me wrong, it helps and it has additional health benefits but it really is 80% diet + 20% exercise.

Yeah I was quite amazed at how little calories are burned exercising however I do notice that I stay much longer in the fat burn zone after I workout. Congratulations on your weight loss you have inspired me

Quota Man,

Ive done it before my last 2 Pattaya trips also and tried to stay true last trip, and did so for a week before cracking.

It was the alcohol that done it  :)   staggering home with a beef roll, kabab or kfc

This time I started the transition on around November 25 and have been solid since Dec 11th.

No grog, dairy, sugar, grains, minimum fruit and free range as much as I can.

Id do much better if I ate fish, but it doesnt like me, hence I cannot eat it.

I work 4 x 12 day and then break followed by 4 x 12 nights.

Just make sure I have food frozen for those nights.

Cook it all myself.

As I said, its not for everyone but after losing 14kg I think its ok for me.

Feel great.

A few from the last couple of days.

1 a left over redressed.

20170120_175122.jpg

20170119_194202.jpg

Lb

The irony is that people are getting fatter even with all the science and exercise information available. 

I only started losing weight reducing calories and also exercising more. Basic common sense but I think most people live in denial and want to believe that because they spent an hour doing spin classes, or lifting weights, this somehow will magically allow them to eat whatever they want.

Just eating one donut and a mocha frapp is enough to negate the effects of that one hour of exercise.

This video explains this phenomena

The only way you can out exercise excessive caloric intake is if you are an elite or ultra endurance athlete. If you are someone that is into competitive cycling or ultra marathoning, you can get away with eating a lot of calories and still lose weight and be fit. It is said that Michael Phelps ate a stomach churning 12,000 calories per day training for Beijing yet he didn't have an ounce of fat on his body because he burned it all off.

Most of us aren't like that.

Quota Man,

Ive done it before my last 2 Pattaya trips also and tried to stay true last trip, and did so for a week before cracking.

It was the alcohol that done it  :)   staggering home with a beef roll, kabab or kfc

This time I started the transition on around November 25 and have been solid since Dec 11th.

No grog, dairy, sugar, grains, minimum fruit and free range as much as I can.

Id do much better if I ate fish, but it doesnt like me, hence I cannot eat it.

I work 4 x 12 day and then break followed by 4 x 12 nights.

Just make sure I have food frozen for those nights.

Cook it all myself.

As I said, its not for everyone but after losing 14kg I think its ok for me.

Feel great.

A few from the last couple of days.

1 a left over redressed.

attachicon.gif20170120_175122.jpg

attachicon.gif20170119_194202.jpg

Lb

Looks great! 

I may go back full keto soon. I've been kind of cycling lately doing light carbs one day, heavy the next, etc.

One thing I like about keto is that for me it helps me control my appetite. Eating a lot of carbs makes me more hungry and have swings in energy, but eating keto means I'm fuller with less calories.

Official Pattaya Song

post-140723-14849527291217.jpg

First weigh in 90.9kg...it's happening boys I'm losing weight!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

This is my experience also. Very rarely feel hungry but if I do its a some almonds and water.

My mate advised me to do 20/20/20

Walking machine, bike and weights.

Im not much of an exercise guy but Im finding this ok so far.

Lb

attachicon.gif20170121_064829.jpg

First weigh in 90.9kg...it's happening boys I'm losing weight!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Good job.

One of the things I've noticed is that being in Pattaya really seems to accelerate the weight loss for me.

Usually I'll start to work out and diet a few months before my Pattaya trip, but the weight loss seems frustratingly slow and the inches don't really come off from my waist. 

But by second week of being in Pattaya, the weight loss is quite noticeable. 

The combination of walking everywhere in hot weather, and having no food in the hotel room equals losing lots of weight.

Official Pattaya Song

Been reading that lots of water helps in weight loss. It would be nice if anyone can throw some light on it. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Living sober,clean and staying away from loose women doesn't make a man live any longer. It just fucking feels like it.

Archived