IGNORED

Want to get in shape but don't know where to start!

Jonjon34

Well I went to the gym last night and didn't do too well I could only manage about 15mins of cardio 10 mins on the treadmill followed by a break then 5 mins on the stationery bike kinda dissatisfied with my performance but haven't given up yet. Yesterday I consumed 309 calories less than the recommended intake so I'll take that as a win

Good start..but..yesterday was my first day of gym work for a new me.

A friend of mine gave me a 4 day a week plan.

Cardio..get in that 30 minutes.  If you couldnt do it, you were trying too hard. The goal is an elevated heart rate for the period, not banging out at your physical limit.

Yo do 'cardio' just walking, you can walk more than 10 minutes at a time, right??  So, dial down what you are doing to the point you can do 30min of it.  Over time you'll find it easy, and you will have to dial up the difficulty to keep the burn.

The burn.  Muscle exhaustion...thats tissue being damaged, to force them to grow...the whole point.   :)

My Day1:

Screen Shot 2017-01-16 at 10.01.28 AM.png

IYKYK

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good start..but..yesterday was my first day of gym work for a new me.

A friend of mine gave me a 4 day a week plan.

Cardio..get in that 30 minutes. If you couldnt do it, you were trying too hard. The goal is an elevated heart rate for the period, not banging out at your physical limit.

Yo do 'cardio' just walking, you can walk more than 10 minutes at a time, right?? So, dial down what you are doing to the point you can do 30min of it. Over time you'll find it easy, and you will have to dial up the difficulty to keep the burn.

The burn. Muscle exhaustion...thats tissue being damaged, to force them to grow...the whole point. :)

My Day1:

Excellent keep posting your progress here we can both motivate each other I'm hitting the gym tonight will post my exercises and what weight I have done here

Well I went to the gym last night and didn't do too well I could only manage about 15mins of cardio 10 mins on the treadmill followed by a break then 5 mins on the stationery bike kinda dissatisfied with my performance but haven't given up yet. Yesterday I consumed 309 calories less than the recommended intake so I'll take that as a win

15 minutes is better than nothing.

Next day try for 15 minutes again and the next. once it becomes easier bump it to 20 minutes then 25 etc.

That 5 minutes I hated on the cross trainer / elliptical is now history for me, last 2 nights has been 40 minutes.

You need to keep at it, do whats comfortable and not expect to set the world on fire the first few times that will come later.

If you sre overweight start with diet first after you start to feel good from esting good...hit the gym...baby steps...but you will never outwork a bad diet...

I started early Dec 2016 at 1.73 ht and 91kg. Currently at 88kg. What i do is after work, i head down to the nearby fitness corner and do pull ups, push ups and jumping jacks. I started off at 1 pull up, 10 push ups and 20 jump jacks at one go, rest for 2 mins and continue for about 10 sets. If my knee is not acting up, i climb the stairs. I rest according to my body if it's still sore or not.

So far i've seen improvements, 3 pull ups, 15 push ups, 30 jump jacks. As for diet, i love food too much but i do try to go clean on some days.

Excellent keep posting your progress here we can both motivate each other I'm hitting the gym tonight will post my exercises and what weight I have done here

I will try...didnt make gym today, may tomorrow after trip to Kanchanaburi

IYKYK

I started early Dec 2016 at 1.73 ht and 91kg. Currently at 88kg. What i do is after work, i head down to the nearby fitness corner and do pull ups, push ups and jumping jacks. I started off at 1 pull up, 10 push ups and 20 jump jacks at one go, rest for 2 mins and continue for about 10 sets. If my knee is not acting up, i climb the stairs. I rest according to my body if it's still sore or not.

So far i've seen improvements, 3 pull ups, 15 push ups, 30 jump jacks. As for diet, i love food too much but i do try to go clean on some days.

3kgs in a month and a half is very good! I'll try to add those exercises to my workout although pull ups might be difficult for me

If you sre overweight start with diet first after you start to feel good from esting good...hit the gym...baby steps...but you will never outwork a bad diet...

Horrible advice.

Its a combination of both, im 14 stone, and Ive seen people 2-3 stone heavier say "fuck it" and train and run a marathon in 3 months.  Bruce The Moose we call him.

Fat people can exercise, and should..cardio is critical..raise it, keep it there for 30min..no matter how hard the work is, cardio is key to getting around a lot of issues when youre overweight and want to lose weight.

No, im no workout expert, but exercise is critical to a comprehensive weight loss plan, and greatly accelerates the loss and the positive health benefits from it.

IYKYK

I will try...didnt make gym today, may tomorrow after trip to Kanchanaburi

Enjoy your trip try to visit the bridge over river kwai!

these guys know best. One has to monitor their calorie intake to lose weight.  I go to the gym religiously every day of the week.  I work out 1.5 to 2 hours per day, I work out I don't fool around like most, on cell phone, relaxing, u know that bullshit.  I started 5 months ago, my starting weight was 82 kilos, now I weigh 81 kilos.  I attempt to eat healthy, Sizzler salad bar 3 times per week etc. but that don't help if you eat like a fucking horse like me.

I forgot to mention I am at a good weight for my height but I would like to lose 5 kilos but that won't happen due to my overeating. Thank god I go to the gym daily.

Enjoy your trip try to visit the bridge over river kwai!

Ya think?

IYKYK

3kgs in a month and a half is very good! I'll try to add those exercises to my workout although pull ups might be difficult for me

It doesnt mean you have to COMPLETE a pull up.

It's about working all of these muscle groups..work em, piss em off..a good work out does ache later..because muscles are hurt, and when they repair, they build more tissue than you had before to adapt..and THAT requires energy (fat stores) and requires more energy (fat stores) to maintain once you have it.

Presses with only an empty weight bar, sounds pussy..but damn, a 3x12 set with it was work.

Dont hang up on completing anything, make sure your motion on the machines is correct, and you can complete a rep group at whatever little weight that takes.

Tomorrow..you'll be doing a pullup, or 2, or 5...but..start pissin off some muscle groups slowly now to get there.

IYKYK

Day 2

3 sets barbel bench press

12×5kg plate each side

10x10kg

8x12.5kg

3 sets Inclined bench press smith machine

12x10kg

10x12.5kg

8x15kg

Cable crossover

12x10lb (I assume its lb doesn't state)

10x12lb

8x14lb

Biceps curls with dumbbell

12x5kg

10x8kg

8x9kg

Ez curl bar bicep curl

12x5kg

10x7.5kg

4x10kg(could only manage 4reps)

3 sets crunches 12 rep each set

20mins cardio at steady speed of 7.5 last 30sec at 9

Total calories consumed 1795

these guys know best. One has to monitor their calorie intake to lose weight.  I go to the gym religiously every day of the week.  I work out 1.5 to 2 hours per day, I work out I don't fool around like most, on cell phone, relaxing, u know that bullshit.  I started 5 months ago, my starting weight was 82 kilos, now I weigh 81 kilos.  I attempt to eat healthy, Sizzler salad bar 3 times per week etc. but that don't help if you eat like a fucking horse like me.

Stop counting calories and do a Keto/Paleo/Atkins diet. Starving yourself is not the way to go. 

Horrible advice.

Its a combination of both, im 14 stone, and Ive seen people 2-3 stone heavier say "fuck it" and train and run a marathon in 3 months.  Bruce The Moose we call him.

Fat people can exercise, and should..cardio is critical..raise it, keep it there for 30min..no matter how hard the work is, cardio is key to getting around a lot of issues when youre overweight and want to lose weight.

No, im no workout expert, but exercise is critical to a comprehensive weight loss plan, and greatly accelerates the loss and the positive health benefits from it.

It is a combination of both, but diet should come first. With a good diet, you can drop the initial weight without even lifting a dumb bell.

Jump up the bar, go down slowly controlled. This is what i do when i was able to do only 1 pull up. Negative reps helps. 

i can loose 1kg a week by dieting

1200 calories a day

I weigh everything on food scales http://www.lazada.co.th

I use myfitnesspal app to measure the calories

I was not drinking alcohol on the diet 

Ive put all the weight back on now after a trip to the UK

exercise is going to help maybe 10% and the rest is diet.

Living in Thailand for 8+ years, moved to Vietnam also making videos now on YouTube about life in Thailand, Vietnam

Nick Swift YouTube

i can loose 1kg a week by dieting

1200 calories a day

I weigh everything on food scales http://www.lazada.co.th

I use myfitnesspal app to measure the calories

I was not drinking alcohol on the diet

Ive put all the weight back on now after a trip to the UK

exercise is going to help maybe 10% and the rest is diet.

Yeah alcohol really packs on the pounds...didn't realise there was so many calories in beer. I'm stopping until I've lost at least 50% of my target

Day 3

Shoulder press smith machine

12x10kg

10x15kg

8x17.5kg

Lateral raise dumbell

12x5kg

10x7kg

8x 9kg

Front raise dumbell

12x3kg

10x5kg

8x7kg

Rear delt row dumbell

12x3kg

10x5kg

8x7kg

Upright row ez curl bar

12x5kg

10x7.5kg

8x10kg

Tricep cable pull down

12x9lb

10x11lb

8x13lb

Skull crusher

12x2.5kg

10x5kg

8x7.5kg

20mins treadmill @7.7

Total calories consumed 1507

I'm beginning to feel more comfortable at the gym have also been supressing my hunger with drinking water

Fwiw! Alcohol is a bad boy; many useless calories - I can't give them up :-( Calories in < calories out. If you're doing everything right, don't worry about weight too much, you could be converting fat to muscle which doesn't relate to weight loss. The high from going to the gym is worth it on its own. Above all, I bet you feel better, more energetic and good things come from that; all round feel good, confidence, positivity, etc. Go for it, and keep it up. Never give up!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was doing low carb keto style diet and didn't lose much weight on it. Didn't help my blood lipid profile much either (high cholesterol and LDL ratio).

In Pattaya I started eating carbs but was walking around everywhere, and this helped me lose 10 pounds. I also watched my caloric intake.

I'm back to eating normally now including carbs. I don't eat a lot of things like candy or ice cream but carbs from sources like bread.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

Eating clean is the key. Stop with too much salt, no sauce etc.

Eat every 2-3 hour

If your hungry in between drink more water or cucumber that sort of shit.

Your doing nicely.

Losing weight isnt about starving urself but eating regularly but less than you need.

I have gone the 90% paleo/banting food and gym work.

After a 2 week preseason and kicking off on the 12th of December, Im 14kg down.

I dont count calories, but dont do sugar, carbs, grains or drink.

Plenty of above ground vegetables and free range products.

Snacks are almonds when I feel a bit hungry. Drink lots of water.

3 meals a day and the recipes Ive searched are great.

So much energy, sleeping pretty good and dry skin on my legs nearly gone.

I know its not for everyone but I really enjoy it.

Lb

Some of the food I eat.

The first are from restaurants when I go out.

Rest I make myself.

20161228_203719.jpg

20161228_203841.jpg

20161230_165536.jpg

20170102_115623_wm.jpg

20170111_185046_wm.jpg

20170112_202835_wm.jpg

20170118_174742.jpg

Archived