IGNORED

Taxi to Utapao Airport - cant book.

pirate69

Interesting to know - i was planing to also do a trip from UTP to Phuket to save some minutes. Now it seem that it will be more challenging, but no risk no fun right?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, doug said:

I booked my ticket in the US for a trip UTP - Ubon Ratchathani at 5:10pm on the 13th. I called air asia and they said I had to pay for shuttle bus when booking ticket and now its too late. I went to the sign at Central today at 3pm and there was no one to talk with about booking the shuttle bus. I asked other booths there outside and they were no help. If anyone could assist me with finding a place to pay for this shuttle I would appreciate it.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

There is an air Asia booth in Tesco Lotus (1st floor) on Sukhumvit beside the outlet mall. No idea  if they can help but maybe worth a try.

FYI, here is the contact details of a reliable legal service who can do UTP-Pattaya transfers for 700 THB single way. I tried his service and all went smoothly. 

Name: Sakon LINE ID: beeecoool

you can reach him via LINE.

I went back to Central on the side and finally met someone who was part of the transport conpany and I was able to book for 250 thb. I highly suggest you book your flights on asia airlines out of UTP using the "central pattaya" departure as that includes the shuttle. If you book out of UTP you will have the same issues.

Thank you all for your help.

I went back to Central on the side and finally met someone who was part of the transport conpany and I was able to book for 250 thb. I highly suggest you book your flights on asia airlines out of UTP using the "central pattaya" departure as that includes the shuttle. If you book out of UTP you will have the same issues.

Thank you all for your help.

shuttle said they would pick me up at 2pm. i arrived 145 and an employee told me they would not be there till 3pm and they had my number to call me about the change Flight is at 510pm and I hope there are no more delays. Tit

shuttle said they would pick me up at 2pm. i arrived 145 and an employee told me they would not be there till 3pm and they had my number to call me about the change Flight is at 510pm and I hope there are no more delays. Tit

2 hr delay for flight and there was no aircon working at UTP. It was a hot and steamy wait. I would probably go out of DMK in the future. A little farther away but less hassle overall.

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 21:20, KL_Kid said:

I did use the Crane service to UTP earlier this month.  Sent them a text the day before, the van arrived at my hotel promptly at the agreed time the next day. One stop to pick up another passenger at his hotel. Then direct to the airport with only the driver and the two of us on board. Paid the driver 250b when we arrived at the airport.

The Crane Company:  +66 81 377 2778

• 3 weeks later...

I am flying to KL from U-Tapao on Monday afternoon. Has anyone else had any experience of using taxis/shuttles in the last couple of weeks. I couldn't see any Air Asia signs outside Central Festival when I looked. Uber is showing the trip for 600Bht but whether they can access the airport is another matter.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a follow up. I noticed most places that listed a taxi price were 800 Bt. I asked at a small kiosk in Soi Honey near my hotel and they wanted 700 so booked with them. I was expecting a taxi but it was an ordinary saloon without special number plates. It was allowed into the airport without any hassle so not sure what the latest situation is.  Maybe Uber can get you there now.

Archived