IGNORED

Taxi to Utapao Airport - cant book.

pirate69

Can anyone confirm if The Crane Company picks people from their hotels to U-Tapao airport? Is it still THB250?

Thanks!

EDIT: And yes, apparently private cars or private taxis can't go into UTP anymore. The minibus services are THB250, supposedly (never took them)

And the taxis inside are THB1000 from UTP to Pattaya. This is exorbitant for a distance half that of Suvarnabhumi and Pattaya.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@sixmonthnomad1815?sub_confirmation=1

I do videos about being a digital nomad, switching every six months between Malaysia and Pattaya, Thailand or other parts of South East Asia.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you can't find a service on the internet, car or shared van, all one has to do is hail one of those green and yellow colored cars or vans called taxis.  They will take you anywhere.  Not that difficult. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2017 at 3:23 PM, Mockingbird said:

Can anyone confirm if The Crane Company picks people from their hotels to U-Tapao airport? Is it still THB250?

Thanks!

I did use the Crane service to UTP earlier this month.  Sent them a text the day before, the van arrived at my hotel promptly at the agreed time the next day. One stop to pick up another passenger at his hotel. Then direct to the airport with only the driver and the two of us on board. Paid the driver 250b when we arrived at the airport.

• 8 months later...

I just checked uber and its 600 from New Plaza Pattaya to UTP as of today.

Again, I am not sure what the restrictions are and not being able to drop someone off and if that affects uber drivers as well.

So if I take my car with the intention of using the long term parking, will they let me in or not? Did this a year ago with no problems.

On 12/01/2017 at 19:37, pirate69 said:

hi guys, does anyone know what's going on with taxi services to Utapao? i've tried to book with 5 different companies and they've all replied that they cant go there anymore. what are my options, i dont want to use a shuttlebus.

cheers,

Jimmy.

There are no taxis at that airport, just limo and shuttle bus companies.  I assume that its a deal done locally.  try the shuttle bus companies themselves.  Going rate appears to be 800 Bhat. 

23 minutes ago, Darksider11 said:

So if I take my car with the intention of using the long term parking, will they let me in or not? Did this a year ago with no problems.

Yes they will. I do it a lot. Rate appears to be 150 Bhat per day. 

I can collect/take you in my Ford Everest for 750 baht each way

044D3A77-ABA8-4DC7-AF4C-F63833D6692E.thumb.JPG.a930be9c48b191c7655e28eb26831df9.JPG

12 hours ago, Shaygate said:

If i can get a ride in the Lambo for 450 baht I'm in ! :D

Don't choose the Lamborghini, as you'll have to put your luggage on the roof.

I plan to fly into u tapao from Phuket. I then need a rental car to drive to Ko Chang. Are there reasonable rentals available at U tapao or is it best to go to Patts first as there should be more options there?

On the flip side. What options are there from UTP to the strip?

are they're any options or we at the mercy of the taxi mafia?

3 hours ago, Encora said:

I just checked with Nam  ([email protected]) (Nam'sTaxi-Lady Driver)
She has a few ladies licensed to do Utapao runs, but not many. She suggest checking with her about date and time. 

Thanks a bunch mate. Really appreciate the effort.

I'll contact Nam directly

9 hours ago, Mayor G said:

Thanks a bunch mate. Really appreciate the effort.

I'll contact Nam directly

FYI I've got to catch a plane to HKT on 27 December at 1300 will need to be at airport midday keen to share ride. I received the below email from Nam minutes ago.

Thank you so much for your email. 

Utapao airport Now they not let any private taxi to pick up and drop off customers there any more.  You have to use Airport minibus 250 per person "they will drop you off at your hotel, same for returning "

Or they Private taxi "I think the price is 1000 baht "

Don't need to booking them.  They will stand by there.

Really sorry,we can not help you for this trip.

Have a nice day

Nam

9 minutes ago, reefdiver said:

FYI I've got to catch a plane to HKT on 27 December at 1300 will need to be at airport midday keen to share ride. I received the below email from Nam minutes ago.

Thank you so much for your email. 

Utapao airport Now they not let any private taxi to pick up and drop off customers there any more.  You have to use Airport minibus 250 per person "they will drop you off at your hotel, same for returning "

Or they Private taxi "I think the price is 1000 baht "

Don't need to booking them.  They will stand by there.

Really sorry,we can not help you for this trip.

Have a nice day

Nam

Sorry mate. I'm heading INTO UTP. And I only arrive after you leave to HKT I'm afraid. 

Im thinking I'll try the airport minibus otw in as I'm traveling alone. Will use private cab out as my mates will be with me by then

2 minutes ago, Mayor G said:

Sorry mate. I'm heading INTO UTP. And I only arrive after you leave to HKT I'm afraid. 

Thanks enjoy your stay

Mini Buses leave from soi 9 Central festival to utapoa cost 200 baht. Big Red Signs Air Asia outside

21 minutes ago, GlobalTraveler said:

Mini Buses leave from soi 9 Central festival to utapoa cost 200 baht. Big Red Signs Air Asia outside

Cheers mate. Much oblidged. 

• 1 month later...
I booked my ticket in the US for a trip UTP - Ubon Ratchathani at 5:10pm on the 13th. I called air asia and they said I had to pay for shuttle bus when booking ticket and now its too late. I went to the sign at Central today at 3pm and there was no one to talk with about booking the shuttle bus. I asked other booths there outside and they were no help. If anyone could assist me with finding a place to pay for this shuttle I would appreciate it.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Archived