Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Taxi to Utapao Airport - cant book.

pirate69

hi guys, does anyone know what's going on with taxi services to Utapao? i've tried to book with 5 different companies and they've all replied that they cant go there anymore. what are my options, i dont want to use a shuttlebus.

cheers,

Jimmy.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Authorities have banned non-licensed taxis from U-Tapao so most of the private companies now can't go there.

I think it's 'yellow number plate only'.

I guess this means meter taxis may be the only option other than shuttle bus!

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

The Authorities have banned non-licensed taxis from U-Tapao so most of the private companies now can't go there.

I think it's 'yellow number plate only'.

I guess this means meter taxis may be the only option other than shuttle bus!

how do they no its not a private car to drop you off

thanks all, just trying to plan ahead for an upcoming trip. i'll talk to the hotel when im there otherwise i guess im flagging down a cab!

Good to know....it's a long walk from the gatehouse to the terminal if the car isn't let in.

Tripadvisor cut and paste:

With reference to your inquiry, we would like to inform that there is no a shuttle bus from Pattaya city to Utapao Airport provided by Bangkok Airways.

However, we are pleased to suggest a limousine service named The Crane Company. 

This company has serviced a joint mini-bus form Pattaya city to Utapao Airport with a charge of THB250 per person.

For reservation, you could contact +66 81 377 2778. They will ask for more details of your hotel address and your flight details.

Presumably they go both to and from. Worth checking.

there is a van service on the side of Central Festival. It is a service provided by Air Asia to Utapao airport.  It runs 2 times a day. Cost is 250b per person.

there is a van service on the side of Central Festival. It is a service provided by Air Asia to Utapao airport.  It runs 2 times a day. Cost is 250b per person.

If you are flying with Air Asia, at least to some destinations, then you can choose Central as your start/end point on their website when booking. Fare then includes bus.

^yes, I am flying AirAsia but my flight is not listed as having the "Central Pattaya" "City Transfer" option on the AirAsia website to use their minibus.

^yes, I am flying AirAsia but my flight is not listed as having the "Central Pattaya" "City Transfer" option on the AirAsia website to use their minibus.

As I said, 'some destinations '. Don't know why.

Last time I looked, I think it was available for Chiang Mai but not for Udon Thani, for example.

Maybe it has to do with flight times??

Had the same issue last October. Flagged down a taxi on the day on soi Diana , cost me 700bt.

Nam is now accepting a few UTP bookings, give it a try.

She works with pick ups on basis of exchanged photos, not name cards showing.

Great news, I'll drop her a line. Does it still take 50 minutes to get there from central Pattaya?

EDIT : I'm talking of getting to Utapao not to be picked up there.

how do they no its not a private car to drop you off

It's down to the colour of the number plates, plates that are yellow with black letters are registered taxis, other types of licensed vehicles have blue or green letters on a white back ground.

Some vans / mini buses if you look, their plates are black letters on white but if they are registered in Chonburi their numbers start with 31 or 30

Im no expert by any means, all of this was explained to me by Nam and I'm sure she dumbed it down a bit for the idiot falang

Nam is now accepting a few UTP bookings, give it a try.

She works with pick ups on basis of exchanged photos, not name cards showing.

she was the first to turn me down, before i even posted this thread.

ok so i finally found a taxi service that still does utapao, http://www.pattayataxi.info/, 800 baht.

hi guys, does anyone know what's going on with taxi services to Utapao? i've tried to book with 5 different companies and they've all replied that they cant go there anymore. what are my options, i dont want to use a shuttlebus.

cheers,

Jimmy.

used to 700bhat by taxi..Better take a meter taxi and negotiate rate first..

used to 700bhat by taxi..Better take a meter taxi and negotiate rate first..

no, its better to take whats more reliable and convenient. 

Hi I will come to Manila 15 july I am looking for a good taxi driver in Angeles First to pick me up in airport, then drive me to subic or Batangas Anybody know a good reliable private driver? //Tomas http://nedforspid.moy.su/

i think you're a bit lost posting that here but try Randall's Rides - very well regarded, good prices, provides drinks to the customers and free wifi in car too. https://www.facebook.com/randallsrides/

Archived