Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Sandy Spring Hotel - my impressions after 19 nights.

Buddy Edgewood

Just finishing up my holiday and I thought I'd share my thoughts about this hotel.  I booked the Deluxe Sea View at about 2200 baht/night, after paying 350 baht for the discount membership card - which entitles you to 300 baht/night discount.

Pros:

• Located on Soi 13, it's a relatively quiet street, except for the occasional noise coming from Hooters in the afternoon and evenings.
  • Not far from Walking Street and walking distance to LK Metro, just a few minute baht bus ride to Soi 6, 7 and 8.
  • Decent water pressure and hot water.  I've stayed at a few other Pattaya hotels and was disappointed in the fluctuating water temperature and water pressure.
  • Quick laundry service - hand in at the front desk by 10am, have it back by late afternoon/early evening.
  • Good AC.
  • Room safe.
  • Friendly and accommodating staff.  I could count on the maid to clean my room between 13:30 and 14:30, so that's when I went for breakfast.  No problem requesting 4 bath towels. Tipped 60 baht daily.
  • Not skimpy with the free daily bottled water.
  • Super market and movie theater just across 2nd road at The Avenue.

Cons:

• Lumpy pillows.  I've never stayed at a hotel with such lumpy pillows - it's like they're filled with cut up pieces of foam. It took a few nights to get used to.  I asked for a 'regular' pillow, not filled with foam, and they tried to accommodate, but all their pillows are similarly lumpy regardless of firmness.
  • Spotty wifi connectivity on my phone in the room, 4th floor.  It could be because of my 6 year old Samsung Note II phone, my laptop never dropped the wifi connection and any girl I brought to the room didn't have issue either.
  • Aged room decor - scuffed up and peeling baseboards, very plain room.
  • Night stands have no drawers.  Might seem like a minor thing, but that's usually where I keep the condoms and lube, for easy access. There are only 3 small drawers in the entire room - two in the desk across from the bed and one small drawer in the closet below the room safe.
  • Bath towels old, thin and sometimes stringy.
  • Limited number (4) of electrical outlets in the room and they're only two-hole electrical outlets - if you have electronics that require 3-hole outlets, bring an adapter.
  • If you want a kettle, you need to ask. No free coffee or tea.

I'm sure there are other Pattaya hotels which offer better value, but overall Sandy Spring is an okay hotel and I might stay here again.  Here's some pics:

20170111_170558.jpg

20170111_170604.jpg

20170111_170609.jpg

20170111_170646.jpg

20170111_170703.jpg

20170111_170709.jpg

20170111_170723.jpg

20170111_170735.jpg

If you want a better experience with your "date"... read, learn, live the following:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/22263-vetting-bar-girls-and-how-to-pass-their-own-vett

Room looks pretty bad for that price

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

Very nice review, thanks.

Doesn't look worth B1900 though and not much of a sea view at all.

But maybe the price is higher due to the Christmas/NY madness? I'll have a look on Agoda later for some other dates.

Sent from my awesome LG G4 using Tapatalk

sorry mate maybe because of the time of year but doesnt look a great deal for the money ...thanks for the review though

You sound just like my late mother whinge and whine about something so tiny...  due respect but thats the way i read your post.

Ive stayed there, not the cheapest around but its ok due to the mentioned pros. One thing the floors tiles and if you give a tg a pounding the bed ends up all over the room 555

If i could find a place nearby that was cheaper but similar id jump at it. I like that its very quiet soi, quick to br and 2nd rd and shop/pharmacy

Sandy Spring has been my go to hotel for years now. I always request a sea view room on the 7th or 8th floor which has a much better view.

A very accurate review in my opinion of the pros and cons of SS.  I like it for the location, service, staff and the large balcony which is enough to overlook the negatives, small bathroom with bath shower combo. old room, linen, towels, bedding and fixtures.

I've heard that the SS group owns the old haven site now and plans a new hotel there

Just finishing up my holiday and I thought I'd share my thoughts about this hotel. I booked the Deluxe Sea View at about 2200 baht/night, after paying 350 baht for the discount membership card - which entitles you to 300 baht/night discount.

Pros:

• Located on Soi 13, it's a relatively quiet street, except for the occasional noise coming from Hooters in the afternoon and evenings.
  • Not far from Walking Street and walking distance to LK Metro, just a few minute baht bus ride to Soi 6, 7 and 8.
  • Decent water pressure and hot water. I've stayed at a few other Pattaya hotels and was disappointed in the fluctuating water temperature and water pressure.
  • Quick laundry service - hand in at the front desk by 10am, have it back by late afternoon/early evening.
  • Good AC.
  • Room safe.
  • Friendly and accommodating staff. I could count on the maid to clean my room between 13:30 and 14:30, so that's when I went for breakfast. No problem requesting 4 bath towels. Tipped 60 baht daily.
  • Not skimpy with the free daily bottled water.
  • Super market and movie theater just across 2nd road at The Avenue.

Cons:

• Lumpy pillows. I've never stayed at a hotel with such lumpy pillows - it's like they're filled with cut up pieces of foam. It took a few nights to get used to. I asked for a 'regular' pillow, not filled with foam, and they tried to accommodate, but all their pillows are similarly lumpy regardless of firmness.
  • Spotty wifi connectivity on my phone in the room, 4th floor. It could be because of my 6 year old Samsung Note II phone, my laptop never dropped the wifi connection and any girl I brought to the room didn't have issue either.
  • Aged room decor - scuffed up and peeling baseboards, very plain room.
  • Night stands have no drawers. Might seem like a minor thing, but that's usually where I keep the condoms and lube, for easy access. There are only 3 small drawers in the entire room - two in the desk across from the bed and one small drawer in the closet below the room safe.
  • Bath towels old, thin and sometimes stringy.
  • Limited number (4) of electrical outlets in the room and they're only two-hole electrical outlets - if you have electronics that require 3-hole outlets, bring an adapter.
  • If you want a kettle, you need to ask. No free coffee or tea.

I'm sure there are other Pattaya hotels which offer better value, but overall Sandy Spring is an okay hotel and I might stay here again. Here's some pics:

attachicon.gif20170111_170558.jpg

attachicon.gif20170111_170604.jpg

attachicon.gif20170111_170609.jpg

attachicon.gif20170111_170646.jpg

attachicon.gif20170111_170703.jpg

attachicon.gif20170111_170709.jpg

attachicon.gif20170111_170723.jpg

attachicon.gif20170111_170735.jpg

Sandy springs is on the right hand side of Inn house hotel,soi 13...you can also try INN house..its a 3 star hotel with decent rates

Sent from my ASUS_Z010D using Tapatalk

Cons:

• Lumpy pillows.  I've never stayed at a hotel with such lumpy pillows - it's like they're filled with cut up pieces of foam. It took a few nights to get used to.  I asked for a 'regular' pillow, not filled with foam, and they tried to accommodate, but all their pillows are similarly lumpy regardless of firmness
  • Bath towels old, thin and sometimes stringy

Thanks for the informative review!

The last time I stayed at SeaMe Spring, these two issues were killers for me -- the pillows literally felt like a bag of rolled up socks, and the towels were in very bad shape.

whitehouse condohotel or ma mansion are better options for soi 13 ,myself i prefer whitehouse

Price wise where do they sit?

Another thing i found is drivers get sea me spring mixed up with sandy spring, get to wrong hotel sometimes

Thanks for the review mate, well written an photographed. Not a hotel with much 'kerb appeal'.

Thanks for the review. I've stayed here a few times now, last time end November 2016. I really like the location but the hotel itself has seen better days and I'll probably find somewhere else for my next stay..

The noise from Hooters was a real pain when I was there, and I stayed a couple of floors above yours it appears from your pics.

• 1 month later...

Sandy Springs is my go to hotel ive stayed in the new deluxe rooms for the last number of years im back there again on Tuesday but i can only get the new room for 5 days and they will move me to the old deluxe for the last days of my trip,does the old rooms have a sofa in the room anyone know?

Why is it that Thai Pattaya hotels just get neglected? They all start off fine, but over the years they don’t renovate. Same for many hotels in that location and some others.   

Dynasty Inn used to be my favorite place many years ago, but again neglected.

Same thing happened with the Sabai group of hotels.

Why is it that Thai Pattaya hotels just get neglected? They all start off fine, but over the years they don’t renovate. Same for many hotels in that location and some others.   

Dynasty Inn used to be my favorite place many years ago, but again neglected.

Same thing happened with the Sabai group of hotels.

It's a good question.

Prime example of this is the AA at the bottom of that Soi, which I had the rather dubious pleasure of staying in on my first ever trip to Pattaya. Great location and right on the beach, with a rooptop pool actually quite uniquely overlooking the beach yet the rooms and decor inside are appalling. Any spending to renovate the place would easily make the money back IMO.

1900 a night for that is too much. That's almost the price for jacuzzi rooms in some smaller hotels.

Sandy Spring gets a lot of repeat business, so they must be doing something right.

Not easy to find the perfect hotel in Pattaya. Price, location and amenities . Often comes down to the hotel providing enough features you like that they out weigh the negatives you don't.

A jacuzzi room is useless to me, but I like the large sea view balcony you can get at SS

• 2 weeks later...

Sandy Springs also owns See Me Springs and See Me 2, I agree with the reviewer the hotel has seen better days but it location is where it wins every time, it is hard to find a quiet spot in the centre of Pattaya. Internet could be better at times but staff are always been good. One room per month renovation in low season would be ideal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandy Springs also owns See Me Springs and See Me 2, I agree with the reviewer the hotel has seen better days but it location is where it wins every time, it is hard to find a quiet spot in the centre of Pattaya. Internet could be better at times but staff are always been good. One room per month renovation in low season would be ideal.

Thanks for sharing this information.

Archived