IGNORED

Recommendation for a Visa assist office for a US Visa for TGF

southsidebruce

I am looking for anyone who has had good/successful experience with a Visa assist office (preferably in Pattaya, but BKK would be OK) for trying to get a US (tourist) Visa for my TGF... I have seen many Visa assist offices that do Australia, England, Germany, France, etc - but for US Visa's - haven't seen any that advertise that service. 

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

I don't have any info on visa offices, but I do know the forms are pretty easy to understand and fill out (basic stuff like name, age, passport number, address, birthday, Thai ID card number, marital status, family, if she's ever applied for a US visa in the past and the outcome, etc), the problem most guys have with trying to get their gf a tourist visa to the US is proving the Thai girl has a reason to come back to Thailand and not end up staying there for years.  I read most "illegals" in the US entered with a valid visa and then never returned to their home country.

She'll have a better chance getting a visa if she can show she;

has a car/truck in her name,

chanote showing she owns property in Thailand,

has a proper job in Thailand (not a bar or go-go or massage),

already has family in the US,

has traveled to other countries in the past and not overstayed,

has a good history of decent money in the bank

Any visa office will fill out the forms and tell you the same things I just did (for a fee) but if she can't prove she has a reason to return to Thailand, her chances are slim.

Good luck

I don't have any info on visa offices, but I do know the forms are pretty easy to understand and fill out (basic stuff like name, age, passport number, address, birthday, Thai ID card number, marital status, family, if she's ever applied for a US visa in the past and the outcome, etc), the problem most guys have with trying to get their gf a tourist visa to the US is proving the Thai girl has a reason to come back to Thailand and not end up staying there for years.  I read most "illegals" in the US entered with a valid visa and then never returned to their home country.

She'll have a better chance getting a visa if she can show she;

has a car/truck in her name,

chanote showing she owns property in Thailand,

has a proper job in Thailand (not a bar or go-go or massage),

already has family in the US,

has traveled to other countries in the past and not overstayed,

has a good history of decent money in the bank

Any visa office will fill out the forms and tell you the same things I just did (for a fee) but if she can't prove she has a reason to return to Thailand, her chances are slim.

Good luck

she has a new car in her name, a (non-BAR/Massage) business that has been up and running for 1.5 years, and we have a baby together (and I should hopefully have a US Passport and SSN for our baby in the not too distant future)... we aren't married, otherwise the visa would be EZ_PZ... and you are correct in that the thing the US Embassy/The US is worried about is Mexicans and ISIS card carrying members flooding into the States and taking away Ben Carson brain surgeon jobs... Only kidding - but you are correct they worry that tourist Visa enabled Thai girls will disappear, overstay their Visa's (not unlike many a farang in Thailand, right?)... she has family here so that should also be reason for her to return here (not sure the Embassy sees it that way - they assume she will live in the States, work at an Asian massage shop that the State Dept Visa guys frequent when back in the States, and send BIG BUCKs back to the Thailand to support her family)... you are right - probably easy enough to fill out the forms ourselves... I can read and write AngLeesh pretty damn mightFine, most of the time...  

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

You have a child together?

Once you get your baby registered with the US Embassy, she's in.  Save yourself the 30,000 baht agency fees and do the paperwork yourself.

Just in case you don'[t know how, here's a starter tip; get a translation of the Thai birth certificate ( a few hundred baht in BKK) then have it certified at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bangkok, make an appt at the embassy to register the baby. apply for a passport and SSN.  When you have those documents she can make an appt for the visa.

PM me if you need more info

Good luck.

Archived