IGNORED

Phi Phi or Krabi?

Mr-wrong

Hi,

Im going to be in Rawai,Phuket training for a couple of weeks in march.

On the weekend i fancy a trip away for a drink and bit of partying etc.

Ive been to phi phi but my mate hasnt, wondering what krabi is like as another option?

We are both in thirties and prefer somewhere we are likely to hit bars with backpacking chicks ;)

I know phi phi is a good place for this but how lively is krabi?

Cheers

Phi Phi would be your best bet. I have never actually been there, but from what I know it is well on the backpacker party trail. A DJ I came across recently, who has a regular gig there, reckons it is pretty good.

I have been to Krabi. Ao Nang does have a little bit of a backpacker scene, and also a few girlie bars, but it is pretty much a place for loved up couples and families. Krabi Town may be more active from a backpacker point of view; I haven't really checked it out. If you have transport (plenty of motorcycles for rent, or roll your own), there are a heap of interesting places to visit around Krabi province.

• 1 month later...

Been both. I enjoy phi phi and the laid back vibe. Yes a lot of westerners there for sure... not sure about the monger scene in phi phi. Ao Nong is ok there is a few beer bar complexs and a few gogo but with very high prices. Yo chill out and relax. Phi phi over ao Nong anyday.

Archived