IGNORED

THB to GBP conversion rate?

Stinny88

Hi, i will be going to Pattaya in Feb and i was wondering what the conversion rate is over there just now? 

In the UK i can get a conversion rate of 42.79 THB online.

I have been told to wait until i travel to Pattaya to convert my money by a regular visitor. 

Hi, i will be going to Pattaya in Feb and i was wondering what the conversion rate is over there just now? 

In the UK i can get a conversion rate of 42.79 THB online.

I have been told to wait until i travel to Pattaya to convert my money by a regular visitor. 

They told you correct,much better rate if you wait until you arrive!

If I was to use my bank right now to convert GBP to Baht my bank says it will give me 39.93. However currently the online (xe.com) price is 43.9050.

You will definitely get a better rate in Thailand than you will in the UK.

Advice on this site is either exchange money in the basement of Bangkok airport for a decent exchange rate or exchange just enough for a day at the Exchange bureaus at arrivals at Bangkok airport, because whilst still much better than the UK their rates are still less than those at say TT exchanges (yellow booths) in Pattaya.

If I was to use my bank right now to convert GBP to Baht my bank says it will give me 39.93. However currently the online (xe.com) price is 43.9050.

You will definitely get a better rate in Thailand than you will in the UK.

Advice on this site is either exchange money in the basement of Bangkok airport for a decent exchange rate or exchange just enough for a day at the Exchange bureaus at arrivals at Bangkok airport, because whilst still much better than the UK their rates are still less than those at say TT exchanges (yellow booths) in Pattaya.

I will probably buy some Baht at the airport then wait until I arrive in Pattaya like you say! Thanks for the help guys

I will probably buy some Baht at the airport then wait until I arrive in Pattaya like you say! Thanks for the help guys

On the advice of BM's I did just that - went to basement and changed a 1000, got a good rate. I wishI'd taken all my money in cash and changed it at the booths. Next time I'll do that, altho' my application for a no fee Halifax Clarity Card is in the post.

Archived