IGNORED

Mundine v Green fight 3 Feb, 6 pm Pattaya time - showing anywhere?

sinbad5

Wondering if anyone in Pattaya will be showing the Green-Mundine fight?

7962282-3x2-700x467.jpg

attachicon.gif7962282-3x2-700x467.jpg

Do it over again Danny !

Mundine always needs to be taken down IMO.

Hard to refuse a big payday.

Certainly worth watching

Yeah, hope no one gets hurt too bad.

attachicon.gif1026mundine-green.jpg

Will you be in one of the lead up Bouts on the big night Sinbad ?  555

Hard to refuse a big payday.

And it wouldn't be bad to see Chock sat down on the canvass, his gob hanging open (mouthguard flying into the 14th row) his legs at 10pm-2am angle with that "wtf just happened" look on his face.

Will you be in one of the lead up Bouts on the big night Sinbad ? 555

I don't get punchy till much later, unless I've been drinking with Abonvivant since midday.

And it wouldn't be bad to see Chock sat down on the canvass, his gob hanging open (mouthguard flying into the 14th row) his legs at 10pm-2am angle with that "wtf just happened" look on his face.

I think that's the only thing that draws the crowds in.

I think that's the only thing that draws the crowds in.

Lol, growing up where I did in Chippendale in inner city Sydney ( next door to Redfern ) the Mundine name carried a fuck of a lot of weight due to Tony Mundine, Anthony's father, a gentleman champion. Tony started out boxing at Ernie McQuillan's gym in Newtown I believe. At that time there were boxing Gyms everywhere in the inner city, dark stinky places, not like now. Bill McConnell's gym was around the corner from my place in Abercrombie Street. He trained Jimmy Carruthers. He and the McQuillan's were big rivals. I went to Catholic school with McQuillan's granddaughters.

You could make a movie outta the stories I have about the area in the 60s 70s and 80s. I forgot, they did already! Roger Rogerson shot Warren Lanfranchi dead right in my street one Saturday afternoon while I was getting ready to go to work at the Wentworth Park dogs (I was a 15 year old white coat - car parker). As my mum instructed me to tell the cops and the media, I saw nothing, I heard nothing that day. Happy days!

Anyway, those Mundine kids ('cousins' etc) were a fucking pain. Good footy players but.

Hope green knocks the mouth right the fuck out.. pretty sure a large part of my fellow Aussies agree

Hope green knocks the mouth right the fuck out.. pretty sure a large part of my fellow Aussies agree

I agree!

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I've watched some boxing at I-Rovers. One time, I was interested in a fight they weren't aware of and they were nice enough to put it on a TV for me.

@Sinbad

Sounds like you'd have some good stories. I watched the Blue Murder mini series here in Brisbane and have watched the DVD a few times since. I believe they didn't air it in NSW for legal reasons.

Anyway, good to see Rogerson get some comeuppance, currently doing life for murder. Maybe Choc will get some too.

attachicon.gif7962282-3x2-700x467.jpg

I hear that they will only have a fraction of the possible sellout crowd due to capacity issues!

They are removing two stands and sixteen rows to install the ramps for the wheelchairs!

I like Mundine and Green both for different reasons. People let their prejudice and their bias cloud their judgement of the things Mundine says, which are borderline and never delivered articulately but I don't think fundamentally unsound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's it being billed as? Grumpy old men? Fighters past 40? This is a joke of a fight. I didn't know boxing had a seniors tour.

I've watched a couple of different fights at Rovers.  When I'm in Pattaya in mid-February, there are no fights that I would go out of my way to watch.

Curious to hear the thoughts of Aussie BMs on this -- saw that they may do Pacquiao vs Jeff Horn in Australia in April, but somebody said one downside was that Green/Mundine 2 was just a few months before that.  

Frankly, I don't see the 2 interfering with each other (especially being MONTHS apart) -- am I missing something?

Curious to hear the thoughts of Aussie BMs on this --

The fight will be on past my bed time here in Brisbane so I won't be going to the pub to watch it.

Though i would likely watch it if I was on holiday in Pattaya.

What's it being billed as? Grumpy old men? Fighters past 40? This is a joke of a fight. I didn't know boxing had a seniors tour.

There actually is a veterans division,  as funny as that might sound.

boxing is a joke !   :SoWhat1:

keeping the dream alive !!!

boxing is a joke !   :SoWhat1:

I watched those two do battle in 2004 I think ? One last payday but I doubt there will be much interest even from the diehard aussie fight fans

keeping the dream alive !!!

• 4 weeks later...

Bump.

Any news on where one might watch this in Pattaya?

I messaged Simon at Retox but no reply.

Archived