IGNORED

march hotel, is the location really that bad?

tobeornottobe

Heading to pattaya again in march, the rates for this hotel are very cheap at 24 euro a night. I heard its a very nice hotel and the bed is very comfy but that the location is crap, how big an issue is the location?

Stayed there once, wasn't an issue for me. 5-10min walk to Second Rd or Pattaya Klang.

If you end up staying there grab one of their business cards at reception, they have a small map of where they're located, to show taxi/motorbike drivers as it's new and alot don't know it's location.

I've stayed there a few times and find the location pretty good. 3-5 minutes' walk to Second Road or to Pattaya Klang. 5-10 minutes' walk to Soi 6. Usually take a motorbike taxi to WS though

Yeah I think the location is fine. A bit of a walk to second road or Soi Bukhao to catch a baht bus but not too bad. Very nice hotel, but the issue is that the 'city side' of the building is very, very close to another hotel under construction. Get the ocean side and no problem, but get stuck on the side facing the construction and it'd be a disaster.

Heading to pattaya again in march, the rates for this hotel are very cheap at 24 euro a night. I heard its a very nice hotel and the bed is very comfy but that the location is crap, how big an issue is the location?

It's certainly not a crap location, but does involve a short walk to the baht buses heading north and a bit longer to Beach Road and the south-bound BBs.  If you don't mind motos, the location is fine unless you have your heart set on a hotel within easy walking distance to WS.  24 euro/night is exceptional value-for-money for a hotel of the March's standard.

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

Time of year consider. If its fkg hot/humid, walking gets tiresome - for some, not all of course.

April Suites seems a better location in that area and gets great reviews.

If you want to rent a bike and are a drinker it can be a problem with all the police checks at the moment . 

If you want to rent a bike and are a drinker it can be a problem with all the police checks at the moment . 

I agree accom ok but could be a problem if you drink and drive also I am told its going to be up policed for sonogram.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

yes it is really that bad. the road u need to walk from pattaya klang is very narrow and no sidewalk. so u have danger of getting hit by bike or car all time.

I stayed at march suites in my last trip but will never stay again. the stupid owner invests millions of dollars to his hotel and pays salary to 2 thai guys to open the hotel door 24 hours but he does not spend 5-10 K dollars to buy a tuktuk and carry hotel customers from door to main road.

a free tuktuk shuttle solves all the location problem but the owner can not think about this.

Time of year consider. If its fkg hot/humid, walking gets tiresome - for some, not all of course.

April Suites seems a better location in that area and gets great reviews.

April Suites is a good hotel - stayed twice...there have been stories of overbooking though and sending some guests to March hotel. Got to say that March looks fantastic value though.

I thought the hotel was good new one . A little bit of a walk but no issue for me , I like that area of town anyway around Klang .

Just about a 5 minute walk to Pattaya Klang. It seemed a little far in when I was driven into it but quickly got over it after my first walk to Klang. The location isn't that bad at all. And it's a great hotel with great staff (2015).

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

Where is it

Too lazy to search

Yes mate I know exactly where it is, but I'm too lazy to reply  :WinkGrin1:

I don't like that location.

I checked it out last month and the deal breaker was the noisy construction next door. I'm glad I didn't pre-book this hotel.

Even when the construction is done, rooms on that side will be undesirable because the balconys are right up against the next building.

.image.png

Yup they definitely ye it for overflow of August and April Suites. I was booked into August Suites last year with a mate and on checkinn the moved him down to March. Wasn't really a big deal and only a 5 min walk to Klang BUT I think the pool area at August Suites and the room size is much better. I would be a bit ticked if they moved me and would probably refuse.

Archived