Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Most common non-Asian nationalities in Pattaya?

Magic040

Not been to Pattaya yet but i'm guessing...

1.Russians

2.English
3.Australians

4.Americans

5.Germans
6.French

7.Swedish

8.Dutch
9.Italians
10.Canadians

11.Danish
12.Finnish

13-16 (not in order):

Belgians

New Zealanders
Norwegians

Swiss 

17-20 (not in order):
Austrians

Irish

Scottish
Spanish

No offense but its difficult to know what comments you want us to make about this.

Between the fact that you are guessing and the fact that you don't claim to have them in order,it boils down to basically a list of countries.

I don't know what else to say.

Ah an expert, like all experts they know every thing about nothing and not a lot about that, until you have been stop dreaming

No offense but its difficult to know what comments you want us to make about this.

Between the fact that you are guessing and the fact that you don't claim to have them in order,it boils down to basically a list of countries.

Answer the question that's in the thread title.

Well i looked at stats of tourist arrivals by nationality at Bangkok's international airport so my guessing is not completely random... I thought a "Pattaya Guru" would know the answer.

Ah an expert, like all experts they know every thing about nothing and not a lot about that, until you have been stop dreaming

I never claimed to be an expert that's why i'm asking you guys.

Answer the question that's in the thread title.

Well i looked at stats of tourist arrivals by nationality at Bangkok's international airport so my guessing is not completely random... I thought a "Pattaya Guru" would know the answer.

I never claimed to be an expert that's why i'm asking you guys.

Then why are you obsessing over demographics ? does it matter? simple answer no. if you don't like a particular nationality just avoid them.

Well said bluechef.

Then why are you obsessing over demographics ? does it matter? simple answer no. if you don't like a particular nationality just avoid them.

I'm not obsessing, i'm just a curious person and interested in stats/rankings.

I'm not obsessing, i'm just a curious person and interested in stats/rankings.

Lets be honest it is very hard to tell at times! what about putting chinese, indians, middle eastern gang on your list, at times there seems to be lots of them floating about aswell.

Yeah not sure why you'd leave out Asia. Chinese tourists are getting very common, down BR and WS at least.

Indians and middle eastern guys seem to taking up more and more of the pavement.

I'd say top 3 is American, Australian and English over the year. Russians are mainly xmas NY period.

I'd say top 3 is American, Australian and English over the year. Russians are mainly xmas NY period.

This is purely anecdotal but in my travels through Thailand I'd put Brits, Australians, Germans, Swedes, Russians, Indians, Japanese, Koreans, and Chinese ahead of Americans.  Keep in mind that Americans have zero guaranteed vacation days, have to travel further at higher total cost than the others, and are raised in a culture that is extremely intolerant of paid sex and highly suspicious of anything related to sex tourism.

Based purely on anecdote /people I meet, I would have to say 1. English, 2. Aussies 3. Daylight, if you mean mongers and sexpats.

An interesting query with no real way to answer it other than getting your hands on visitor statistics from immigration.

Based on what I generally see in the city and keeping it simple:

1. Western Europeans

2. British (especially in the winter)

3. Arabs

4. Australians

5. Indian/Pakistanis

6. Americans

7. Eastern Europeans/Russians.

Are we talking about expats or tourists or combined?

Combined.

This is purely anecdotal but in my travels through Thailand I'd put Brits, Australians, Germans, Swedes, Russians, Indians, Japanese, Koreans, and Chinese ahead of Americans.  Keep in mind that Americans have zero guaranteed vacation days, have to travel further at higher total cost than the others, and are raised in a culture that is extremely intolerant of paid sex and highly suspicious of anything related to sex tourism.

There are a lot more Americans than you realise. It's just they are the shy retiring type so you don't notice them as much  :WinkGrin1:

OP.

On what basis did you compile this ridiculous list ? 

Was it on the basis you've never been here ?

Did you pluck the countries from a monkeys' anus ? 

Why would you put Ruskies top-of-list ?

Bye.

basically a list of countries.

That made me smile

Cluck-cluck, gibber-gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.

OP.

On what basis did you compile this ridiculous list ? 

Was it on the basis you've never been here ?

Did you pluck the countries from a monkeys' anus ? 

Why would you put Ruskies top-of-list ?

Bye.

Well all i heard when i was walking the streets of Patong was Russian and all the Thais said "its even more bad in Pattaya, there they have so much mafia and bars". 

At least i did an effort to answer the thread question, where is your ranking?

http://www.thaitravelblogs.com/2015/08/top-10-nationalities-to-visit-thailand-january-to-june-2015/

China     Malaysia     United Kingdom     Russia     USA     Australia     Japan     Korea     Germany     France    

http://www.thaitravelblogs.com/2015/08/top-10-nationalities-to-visit-thailand-january-to-june-2015/

China     Malaysia     United Kingdom     Russia     USA     Australia     Japan     Korea     Germany     France    

Like half of those Malaysians only go to Hat Yai.

I think that visitor expenditure list is not correct... i mean 466k Russian visitors spend more than 675k Japanese visitors, can't believe that.

Well all i heard when i was walking the streets of Patong was Russian and all the Thais said "its even more bad in Pattaya, there they have so much mafia and bars". 

At least i did an effort to answer the thread question, where is your ranking?

You speak / understand Russian and Thai ?

Smart guy.

Archived